ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SweetTart59 said:

Oh okay, I hear you. You and that individual are both ahead of me. Hopefully they'll call you for the June class, I wish you the best. I hope that I'm able to tie up some loose ends before they call me for medical.

Thanks and same to you. 

40 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The A division with the terminals for the 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 trains. The D train is the only line in the B division in the Bronx.

I’m better off in Division B myself then. I live literally in the heart of Queens. I start Monday. When are you able to pick the division you want to be placed in?

B division is most in need so I'm sure those of u who want it will get it. A division is another story. One of the classes that came out not long ago got a huge surprise on their last day of school car when they were notified that even though they just completed A division training, they were all getting sent to the B. Instead of being released to the screw office they stayed in schoolcar and road posting an addition 2 months. 

The ones that lived in the Bronx can still be heard sobbing if you are quiet enough at ps 248.

7 minutes ago, TA718 said:

I’m better off in Division B myself then. I live literally in the heart of Queens. I start Monday. When are you able to pick the division you want to be placed in?

The B division also have a yard at 207 street which is in Manhattan but it's just as far as the Bronx. 

26 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

The B division also have a yard at 207 street which is in Manhattan but it's just as far as the Bronx. 

29 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

The first day at the school

Great! And that’s not bad at all. Is the the only yard that is basically out of the way like mentioned before? Meaning it’s bronx/manhattan yard. I’m familiar with the area since I worked all over manhattan and bronx for work. 

26 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Great! And that’s not bad at all. Is the the only yard that is basically out of the way like mentioned before? Meaning it’s bronx/manhattan yard. I’m familiar with the area since I worked all over manhattan and bronx for work. 

28 minutes ago, TA718 said:

I guess if you live in Queens Coney Island yard is pretty far as well. The other yards we go to the most are Pitkin yards and East New York yards in Brooklyn, and Jamaica Yards in Queens. 

2 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

I guess if you live in Queens Coney Island yard is pretty far as well. The other yards we go to the most are Pitkin yards and East New York yards in Brooklyn, and Jamaica Yards in Queens. 

The coney island one isn’t far from me. Only thing is there’s always traffic there in the mornings or afternoons. But I live about 30 mins of driving from Coney Island maybe even less if I go there early in the morning like 530am. Jamaica Yards is close too like 15 mins for me. East New York isn’t too far either that’s about 20 mins for me right now And Pitkin Yards is about 25 mins. So not bad at all. I’ll definitely go with Division B. Only one is 207 I gotta pretty much travel a bit further out. 

3 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

at 207 and East New York I was never able to find parking in the yard or even outside so I take the train when I go there. 

I’ll keep that in mind. If it ain’t too bad to get there by public transportation then I will do just that. 

2 hours ago, beanz said:

B division is most in need so I'm sure those of u who want it will get it. A division is another story. One of the classes that came out not long ago got a huge surprise on their last day of school car when they were notified that even though they just completed A division training, they were all getting sent to the B. Instead of being released to the screw office they stayed in schoolcar and road posting an addition 2 months. 

The ones that lived in the Bronx can still be heard sobbing if you are quiet enough at ps 248.

Yeah I heard about that! Crazy shit!

I can only imagine driving from the BX to Coney Island to be on board at 0500 and pick up a job at 207 -_- Then finish work and go ALLLLLLL they way back to Coney Island to pick up your car and drive back to the BX. But they expect you to get full rest...

8 hours ago, beanz said:

Well I should be getting a motorcycle by the end of next week. Definitely not trying to deal with that traffic. Thanks for the advice and knowledge 

For anyone who is dreading School Car you're already putting yourself in a bad position. It's nothing to fear, it's called School Car for a reason you're in school. The only thing you should worry about is trying to stay awake after lunch. I'm in school now and it's not bad at all. It might seem overwhelming at first but it gets better. Create good habits and you'll be fine. I have one of the strictest TSS who co-authored the current text books for school and I'll tell y'all what he told us," You're going to make mistakes, this is the time to be your worst as a TO because there's only one direction to go from the bottom..". Study and get there early, on time is late.

Edited by rondread445

29 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

For anyone who is dreading School Car you're already putting yourself in a bad position. It's nothing to fear, it's called School Car for a reason you're in school. The only thing you should worry about is trying to stay awake after lunch. I'm in school now and it's not bad at all. It might seem overwhelming at first but it gets better. Create good habits and you'll be fine. I have one of the strictest TSS who co-authored the current text books for school and I'll tell y'all what he told us," You're going to make mistakes, this is the time to be your worst as a TO because there's only one direction to go from the bottom..". Study and get there early, on time is late.

Im guessing Tss Richardson? School car is fun, but you have to study study study........

10 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Im guessing Tss Richardson? School car is fun, but you have to study study study........

Not Richardson, TSS Carney. Yep study, try to get the PDF version of the books from your TSS, makes life easier.

Edited by rondread445

8 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Great info! appreciate you telling us new hires this. I start tomorrow and i’ve already heard from the past that this is a really hard job. So I know to expect this to be tough. But of course we can not let it get to us and like you said just study and be early and it’ll be alright. Can’t wait to meet some of you guys. 

1 hour ago, TA718 said:

Great info! appreciate you telling us new hires this. I start tomorrow and i’ve already heard from the past that this is a really hard job. So I know to expect this to be tough. But of course we can not let it get to us and like you said just study and be early and it’ll be alright. Can’t wait to meet some of you guys. 

See you Tuesday