ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

13 hours ago, dincena said:

Thank you for that im extremely nervous going into the June 20th class. Especially considering leaving my old job (32BJ doorman) where there was no books or studying involved and moving into transit. Very nerve wrecking for me.

Wow same 32bj doorman going into the 20th class mind if i message you about it?

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, thegameksk said:

They restrict you for weight gain? Like how much weight gain are you restricted? Ive seen some big TO's while riding the trians.

I gained over 20 pounds which was their limit and they had me go do another sleep study. It's no biggie. They restricted me until I used the CPAP machine and brought back the results. It was like a vacation switching/yard so I didn't mind.

Edited by Jericho

20 hours ago, Mikepro6 said:

@Imhim how many people in your class failed ? And out of how many ? 

It's already been mentioned, but to give encouragement, we had ten students at the time of our first signal exam, all ten of us passed. For the second, it was nine students, and all nine of us passed. The ratio was the same with our two other sister classes. The odds are surprisingly in your favour if you study, practice, and pay attention.

I saw someone post that they had to miss a day during schoolcar and they made it up towards the end of schoolcar. I know later in the summer if I am in schoolcar ill need to miss a day or 2 due to a family members medical procedure. Who do I talk to about this?

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

I saw someone post that they had to miss a day during schoolcar and they made it up towards the end of schoolcar. I know later in the summer if I am in schoolcar ill need to miss a day or 2 due to a family members medical procedure. Who do I talk to about this?

Your TSS and the superintendent of school car. 

17 hours ago, Jericho said:

Okey dokey, I won't be surprise if Transit decides to make it absolutely pass/fail in the future then.

lol because of us posting this? I highly doubt that. Again we’re not saying they are gonna give everyone a chance if they make a mistake or not. It obviously goes on your history in school car which is common knowledge. Again I doubt transit is scouring this forum for this type of info when they literally barely have people able to work or even coming to work for that matter. 

3 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

It's already been mentioned, but to give encouragement, we had ten students at the time of our first signal exam, all ten of us passed. For the second, it was nine students, and all nine of us passed. The ratio was the same with our two other sister classes. The odds are surprisingly in your favour if you study, practice, and pay attention.

Thank you 

do they split the class in groups for the exams ? Because I thought classes had about 80 people in them 

29 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

Thank you 

do they split the class in groups for the exams ? Because I thought classes had about 80 people in them 

An induction class is about 70-80 people. Then from that you pick which division you want to be in. It’s based of ya test score seniority. After that you’re separated into groups of 10. My induction class was 73 I believe, we had a few people who were brought in from a previous list because they were hurt during school car. But our regular B division class was 10 and a total of 4 classes. 

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

An induction class is about 70-80 people. Then from that you pick which division you want to be in. It’s based of ya test score seniority. After that you’re separated into groups of 10. My induction class was 73 I believe, we had a few people who were brought in from a previous list because they were hurt during school car. But our regular B division class was 10 and a total of 4 classes. 

Got ya , thanks again 

4 hours ago, Imhim said:

lol because of us posting this? I highly doubt that. Again we’re not saying they are gonna give everyone a chance if they make a mistake or not. It obviously goes on your history in school car which is common knowledge. Again I doubt transit is scouring this forum for this type of info when they literally barely have people able to work or even coming to work for that matter. 

Never said it was just Transit who look at this forum.

8 hours ago, thegameksk said:

They only make you make up days that you're posting. Calling out for regular schoolcar class days or anything like that they don't make you make it up. That's my experience at least. 

Edited by FilippoSironi

Update sorry guys had issues logging into the forum 

List 401x 

I was sworn in on Tuesday 6/7  for 6/20 class. What should us starting on the 20th expect on the first day ? Those of you still waiting please check your spam folders every email from them went into spam and good luck guys any questions please feel free 

Edited by Mtahopeful2287

3 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

Update sorry guys had issues logging into the forum 

List 401x 

I was sworn in on Tuesday 6/7  for 6/20 class. What should us starting on the 20th expect on the first day ? Those of you still waiting please check your spam folders every email from them went into spam and good luck guys any questions please feel free 

Thanks for the update.  Did they mention this class being full?