ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, trackerjack said:

cool thanks for this lesson about RDO relief.   it sounds good actually  it's like a hybrid or...in fact kinda like having 2 picked jobs in 1 right?  u can pick and choose

how long does it take to build up enough senority to do RDO relief?  1? 2? 10 years?  :(    think about doing XX for years makes me extremely nauseous

For me, my first pick was after three years on the job, and I barely picked. So mentally picture 2.5 years to 4 years as the range to use.

RDO Relief should be possible with your first pick, especially in the A division, but you may not like what's available, especially for your first pick. FWIW, most people tend to have multiple jobs in their RDO relief packages. For example, I have five different jobs across two lines with varying start times. Mind you, I like both lines in my RDO job so it works out. :-)

With that said, until it's time to pick, you can always try the bid sheets. Jobs that other people may loudly complain about may be perfectly viable alternatives if you like a line, or it's convenient for you.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

5 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I feel your pain. Over my current job and I do have a fear that they might stop calling if the economy falls into a recession. 

there is no rush....trust me. enjoy your life and time even if ur current job sucks.  cuz once your in Transit....you will think of the good ol times at your current job.

as far as recession......i think city jobs like Transit is even depression proof.  is this correct?  i mean......that's the "image" they give out at least.  

keep your head up high! they will call you!! August is around the curve anyway.  one more month is worth the wait

20 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

there is no rush....trust me. enjoy your life and time even if ur current job sucks.  cuz once your in Transit....you will think of the good ol times at your current job.

as far as recession......i think city jobs like Transit is even depression proof.  is this correct?  i mean......that's the "image" they give out at least.  

keep your head up high! they will call you!! August is around the curve anyway.  one more month is worth the wait

You’ve confirmed no July?

1 hour ago, Gullys said:

There’s was a lot train operator today in first day of school car training 

if anyone that was there I was the guy in the front with bag that have wheels 

I saw u, the Supervisor kept picking on u lol. By the way, do u know the kind of backpack they ask us to buy?

3 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

First day today alot of info given they didn't mention anything about a July class  hopefully an august class is in the works didn't get the division I wanted but it is what it is just a small hurddle towards the prize doing zoom tommorow 

You’re guessing august or they said it?

slso how did they split you guys division wise

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

You’re guessing august or they said it?

slso how did they split you guys division wise

I'm guessing and praying we were in there with conductors they all went to a division. If I had to guess there were maybe 60 to 80 to's probably more than have went to b and the rest to a 

43 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

I'm guessing and praying we were in there with conductors they all went to a division. If I had to guess there were maybe 60 to 80 to's probably more than have went to b and the rest to a 

I just hope the next class still has B slots open

On 6/17/2022 at 12:43 PM, beanz said:

Don't underestimate that Apple...i could do 1 to far rock and 1 to lefferts no problem but 2 to far rock 4 out of 5 days a week is no joke, especially when most of what u will operate is r46s. That master controller takes a serious toll on your right shoulder if your posture isn't right and those seats are so old that they are very difficult to adjust for the right posture. I am 6'3 and a lot of times the seat can't move all the way back for leg room so I'm cramped up and sitting low for an hour and 40 minutes. Thankfully i was able to pick and instead of 9 trips to far Rockaway and 1 to lefferts per week, i will only be seeing the rock 2 times a week next pick. Can't wait til they retire those 46s. The vanity wore off quick for me 😂...nice train when it's working and very easy to operate but I'm over it.

Wait...you got off probation earlier this year. And you were just able to get RDO Relief like that?

You mentioned before being let go sadly. When that happens, and you are rehired, as you were, your senoriry is basically brand new again. At least according to rule 9a.

That huge gap between the last huge class hired before the pandemic in 2019, and the current hiring blitz, def came in handy, it seems.

7 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Yea I look at it as it's more time to do stuff I want to do since once I'm in train car I'll have no free time to do anything

29 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Wait...you got off probation earlier this year. And you were just able to get RDO Relief like that?

You mentioned before being let go sadly. When that happens, and you are rehired, as you were, your senoriry is basically brand new again. At least according to rule 9a.

That huge gap between the last huge class hired before the pandemic in 2019, and the current hiring blitz, def came in handy, it seems.

I was let go but came back within a year, so my seniority remained in tact. Only reason why. But, my classmates from the B are 100 percent picking next pick.