ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, dincena said:

Do you know where I can submit the application for parking permit? I have it filled out in my back since I started school car TSS said it has nothing to do with him not sure where or who to submit it with? Any info is appreciated 

I submitted mine at concourse yard..u have to be there before 11 30am. The supt's secretary takes care of it for u in the barn. 

If you are A division then do it at Westchester yard. Also at the barn. Just look for the supt's office.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

On the list check the coloum that says "list certification" thats the number of people ahead of you to be hired. As far as expiration date dont really pay that any mind they will continue to call and process people until the list closes and it might even get extended. 

Oh they going to use this list up....

Folks coming here and quitting or their attuites are like this is a nine to five job..

Public service don't work that way...

Its a hard commitment yes no doubt, yet if one stays the coruse you cant  wrong.

6 minutes ago, TCart said:

@underground traveler thank you so much that was very helpful. I’m in the 600’s I’m guessing that’s good ? Lol and where it says provisional rep… it says “Y” and the rest of my exams I’ve took says “N” so I’m guessing that’s a good thing as well ? Wish I understood how it works. Sorry if I’m bothering 

No your good were all just trying to navigate through this. This is the column key though. 

https://www.opendatanetwork.com/dataset/data.cityofnewyork.us/a9md-ynri  

3 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Oh they going to use this list up....

Folks coming here and quitting or their attuites are like this is a nine to five job..

Public service don't work that way...

Its a hard commitment yes no doubt, yet if one stays the coruse you cant  wrong.

Yup!!! My certification number moved up 1350 people since the last update in March. 

7 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Yup!!! My certification number moved up 1350 people since the last update in March. 

I always say "If one can find something better go for it don't stay here"...

If one wanna quit because one cant hang out with  friends or  "they want a life" or some other nonsense  then the service industry is always hiring...

I paid my dues and in  four years god willing I'm out and i plan on enjoying my retirement at 56...

Got a house paid off in Fl and a Co-op that's almost paid off here...

My REAL life begins when i retire...

Edited by RTOMan

@RTOMan yea I don’t care for friends partys clubs I want to work take vacations and enjoy life after retirement. The same people and places will be here after. It’s time to make money provide for family and be happy. I’ll work 40-70 hours a week who cares I’ll enjoy my days off and my vacations. I’m going to commit myself to the job and stay focused and do my best when my time comes.

Just now, TCart said:

@RTOMan yea I don’t care for friends partys clubs I want to work take vacations and enjoy life after retirement. The same people and places will be here after. It’s time to make money provide for family and be happy. I’ll work 40-70 hours a week who cares I’ll enjoy my days off and my vacations. I’m going to commit myself to the job and stay focused and do my best when my time comes.

With a mindset like that you'll have a good carrier down here...

That's my mindset now as well, i  started with it and ill end with it.

19 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

If one wanna quit because one cant hang out with  friends or  "they want a life" or some other nonsense  then the service industry is always hiring...

I paid my dues and in  four years god willing I'm out and i plan on enjoying my retirement at 56...

A house in Florida and a condo out here is literally my goal. Good to see its attainable with this career.  Congratulations on your soon retirement and I hope ypur not down there giving us newbies a hard time lol    

6 hours ago, underground traveler said:

A house in Florida and a condo out here is literally my goal. Good to see its attainable with this career.  Congratulations on your soon retirement and I hope ypur not down there giving us newbies a hard time lol    

I was in one of the first open competitive classes from off the street(Oct 2001) and I know exactly what it’s like to be brand new… Im always willing to help like my classmates are … Basically because back then there wasn’t too many folks looking to help us…

Just some random questions if anyone wanna chime in.  thanks in advance!

1)  what's the average time a newbie has to be here until he/she can win a bid/pick?  say RDO relief?

2) what about vacataion relief?  how much of senority until you pick those?

3) let's have a mini vote?  which is better RDO relief or Vacation relief?  i suppose it's subjective right?

4) and of course...once a newbie can pick a job....i keep hearing they get scraps. is it REALLY that bad?  like...only those 3-4 trippers are left??

12 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

1)  what's the average time a newbie has to be here until he/she can win a bid/pick?  say RDO relief?

3) let's have a mini vote?  which is better RDO relief or Vacation relief?  i suppose it's subjective right?

4) and of course...once a newbie can pick a job....i keep hearing they get scraps. is it REALLY that bad?  like...only those 3-4 trippers are left??

1) there really isnt an average time depends on luck right after the pick like a couple of weeks after the bid sheets come out bid on anything that works for you, it's like the lotto you never know until you try. 

2) senority it depends on how many people retired, or got promoted. You can easily pick within a year and a half or later or sooner it really depends. I've been out since last year octoberish and I'm picking this December. So it depends on the luck of the draw tbh.

3) I'd prefer either or you get your set days off and your preferred tour. Just my 2 cents.

4) sometimes you can get the scraps that the senior guys don't want, and there's not only 3 to 4 trips left, people pick based on what works for them. Sometimes the job can pick you which means you get no say on what job you get. 

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

1+2) Judging by the jobs that sat unfilled, it seems that even brand new employees can win a *temporary* bid if they actually did some research and bid for some jobs. If you're talking about a pick, then it ultimately depends on how seniority plays out. It *seems* to move slower in the A, so mentally budget 2 to 3 years. It could be sooner, it could be later.  It all depends on how many people retire and take promotions.

3) RDO Relief is great if you want to pick something and be done with it. VR is great if you want some flexibility to do different things, but have some attempt at control. With that said, I prefer RDO Relief.

4) Honestly, yes, when you first pick, the jobs available aren't going to be the best, but for some people, it's better than being at the mercy of the crew office. As always, you can bid your way up into somebody else's vacancy as a number of my classmates did this pick...

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

On 7/10/2022 at 11:42 AM, thegameksk said:

Smh this makes no sense.  Livingston told me I need to reinstate my name back to list last month after I cleared medical hold yet I spoke to DCAS Friday and they told me I'm still on the list.

Edit: DCAS said I was never removed from the list

I was told the same thing that my name was still on the list but I was offside because I failed to report to medical aka medical hold.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:17 AM, beanz said:

I submitted mine at concourse yard..u have to be there before 11 30am. The supt's secretary takes care of it for u in the barn. 

If you are A division then do it at Westchester yard. Also at the barn. Just look for the supt's office.

same, Concourse yard they sign it no problems. I think I had the superintendent sign it and the dispatcher too. 

12 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I just came out 2 weeks ago and I won a bid. But it's just XL. 

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

What!??! CONGRATS!  is it temp or permanent?  and you get to choose which lines on the XL list?  are the tours better too in terms that you pick on the XL?

It's temp. It's south so it's the D, N, Q, B I think. It's pms. You should bid too I'm sure you could get something since I did. There should be another bids sheet coming out soon. Just keep checking on mtatoday under the subway/service delivery page. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:44 AM, RTOMan said:

So many people come and leave in training or shortly after. I can't believe it. So far half my class thinking about leaving 3 are leaving for sure. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:44 AM, RTOMan said:

Congrats! I'm coming from a job where the hours here are a cake walk compared to the 16-24 hour shifts you work in correction. Regardless this job gives you a chance as your seniority goes up. Eventually you will get the job you want and rdo's.