ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kashmulla said:

That’s good congrats how was the process for medical ? 

Thank you! I think the medical was ok i struggled a little with the vision because I’m a blind bat lol but they really want u to pass and low key help you out. I did bring in a note for my mild case of sleep apnea Dr almost put me on hold till i pulled that note out lol. Also if anyone does have sleep apnea they only monitor moderate to severe cases your occurrence have to be over 15.

I just got email for pre-employment.

3.        Original Social Security Card

4.        Original Birth Certificate, or a valid U.S. Passport, or Employment Authorization Card, or Naturalization Papers, or a Permanent Resident Card

5.        Original copy of High School Diploma or GED

6.        Successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination

7.        You must complete an Online Health Questionnaire the day before your appointment. (See Employment Center Instructions)

I have to bring all of the that on pre-employment date?

Need to bring drug and alcohol exam too? Where can i take the exam?

2 minutes ago, TCart said:

@JPkim1130 print out the application fill it out bring those documents listed and they will take your drug/Alcohol test when you get there. Good luck. What is your list # ? 

Oh so I dont have to do drug/ alcohol test before I go?

My list is #49xx. Literally just got email like 10mins ago.

1 minute ago, TCart said:

@JPkim1130 no. They will do your test when you get there. Just bring the application filled out and the documents and your good to go. Expect to wait a while mighty get lucky and not wait that long but the chances are slim. 

they told me to come by 8 but trying to get there by 7am.

But I can not find my highschool diploma.... Anyone know where can I get copy of it?

5 minutes ago, JPkim1130 said:

they told me to come by 8 but trying to get there by 7am.

But I can not find my highschool diploma.... Anyone know where can I get copy of it?

If you have a college degree they will take that instead. You'd need to contact your old high school, if it still exists (mine doesn't), to ask them about getting another. Otherwise, you can contact the board of education. They do not want copies of documents, only originals.

Edited by TraDon

5 hours ago, TO22 said:

April was my first pre employment and drug test and i was called in for 2nd pre employment in July.

How soon after second pre employment were you given a start date?? Just got my email today, I thought they'd be rushing the process a little quicker than 3 months between pre employment, what with the shortages. I currently work for Transit, different title, going for my first preemployment in a few weeks for TO. Good luck to everyone.

1 hour ago, TransitKid611 said:

How soon after second pre employment were you given a start date?? Just got my email today, I thought they'd be rushing the process a little quicker than 3 months between pre employment, what with the shortages. I currently work for Transit, different title, going for my first preemployment in a few weeks for TO. Good luck to everyone.

I went in on 7/13 for the second pre employment and received the medical email on 8/1 to come in for 8/4

Honestly had thought this exam list was discontinued, very surprised when I got notification for pre-employment. List number 49xx. Hopefully it's a smooth process, I'd welcome the change in Transit Titles, and bump in pay. From what I'm reading though I should practice patience starting now lol Will be following this board moving forward for updates. 

21 minutes ago, TransitKid611 said:

By the way, if anyone can answer for me, what hours are the classes during schooling/training? Sorry of this has been answered already, was searching but couldn't find answer. I know probably M-F but wondering if it's 6am-2pm etc. Thanks in advance!

It’s a mix. Mostly 7-3 in the beginning with weekends OR SUN MON off , some nights 3-11 and then during posting all three tours including midnights