ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 8/8/2022 at 9:40 PM, JDS1057 said:

So I had someone from the employment office tell me even after being reinstated to the list I won’t get called again until next year because I’m not on the current DCAS list they received. I’m trying Ms Olha and emailing DCAS back to see if this was accurate cuz that would suck if it is true. 

I’m in the exact situation as you. I was placed on medical hold due to me having to do a sleep study. It resulted that I had to use a CPAP machine for 30 days. I finally got my medical clearance on Friday so I schedule my appointment for yesterday to have my medical hold released (which it was released) then I was called by Ms. Olha and she told me that they could not continue with my application because DCAS had removed my name from the list. That I had to email DCAS so my name could be reinstated. Instead of emailing DCAS I went to the DCAS office in Manhattan and they had reinstated my name and that I had to wait until MTA went through the current list and when they get the new list I’d be on it. I was also told that the exam was extended.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hami said:

Hey I am almost finish with my 30 days with cpap for the conductor position. But at the same time I’ve been called in for the train operator pre employment process when I submit the report can I request them to change me to that position instead 

Not sure what you mean by this. You said you're going in for pre-employment for T/O which depending on your list number, will still be a long while off. Your best bet is if necessary, to reinstate your name to the C/R title and get hired for whichever comes first.

3 hours ago, Miggz69 said:

I’m in the exact situation as you. I was placed on medical hold due to me having to do a sleep study. It resulted that I had to use a CPAP machine for 30 days. I finally got my medical clearance on Friday so I schedule my appointment for yesterday to have my medical hold released (which it was released) then I was called by Ms. Olha and she told me that they could not continue with my application because DCAS had removed my name from the list. That I had to email DCAS so my name could be reinstated. Instead of emailing DCAS I went to the DCAS office in Manhattan and they had reinstated my name and that I had to wait until MTA went through the current list and when they get the new list I’d be on it. I was also told that the exam was extended.

Thanks for the info, yea sounds like we might have to wait a bit but we should be top of the next certified list from DCAS and maybe we’ll be in the same class once we’re called. I’ll have some good info for whoever is in the same class with me lol  

Any advice ? I have a trip partially paid for out the country for my sons birthday in December. I went for my 1st P/E In June 2nd P/E in July. My list # is 47**. I see that they’re emailing/calling 4200s for medical. Should I just focus on taking the trip ? Or should I work on trying to book another date sometime next December ? I don’t want a medical email school car etc to interfere and I lose out on my money. I was thinking I can take the trip but again I’m hesitant because I might receive a medical email near that time. HELPPP LOL 

30 minutes ago, TCart said:

Any advice ? I have a trip partially paid for out the country for my sons birthday in December. I went for my 1st P/E In June 2nd P/E in July. My list # is 47**. I see that they’re emailing/calling 4200s for medical. Should I just focus on taking the trip ? Or should I work on trying to book another date sometime next December ? I don’t want a medical email school car etc to interfere and I lose out on my money. I was thinking I can take the trip but again I’m hesitant because I might receive a medical email near that time. HELPPP LOL 

That's a pickle maybe you should push the trip back?

Then again when you push it back they can call you..

Honestly I would cancel the trip sacrifice now for better things later..

That's what I would do and believe me as extra extra for five years when i started i did a LOT of sacrificing

54 minutes ago, TCart said:

that depends how long the trip is. if it's just 4 days ( and especially if it's on your weekend) it should be ok, they let you go but you'll have to make it up at the end of school car. If it's longer than that might be tough. I don't think you'll be able to do it in schoolcar. 

@FilippoSironi it’s a 6 day trip. I just don’t want to travel and receive the email for medical while I’m away. If I get the medical email let’s say November/October than I’ll have time to take a different route. And unfortunately it’s through the week. But thank you for the advice I’ll figure it out. 

1 minute ago, Mikepro6 said:

People at the window 

That’s really weird after you take your medical papers to them they set you up to be sworn in. Is there anything you think in your pre- employment package that could possibly hold you back?

Just now, TO22 said:

That’s really weird after you take your medical papers to them they set you up to be sworn in. Is there anything you think in your pre- employment package that could possibly hold you back?

Dwai from 3 years ago and a misdemeanor from 15 years ago , I brought in disposition for everything 

Just now, Mikepro6 said:

Dwai from 3 years ago and a misdemeanor from 15 years ago , I brought in disposition for everything 

Damn it’s probably the dwi I’m sure with further review they’ll call you in. Mta definitely hires people who have a record including felonies…matter fact most city jobs do. Don’t stress to much.