ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

32 minutes ago, Robert T said:

So now I'm wondering if you already started the pre-employment process are you safe when the list expires?

Unfortunately no. Transit calls more people than they need because not everyone wants the job or make it past medical. When they finish filling out the last class, that's it.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Robert T said:

So now I'm wondering if you already started the pre-employment process are you safe when the list expires?

On 9/10/2022 at 6:23 PM, Amonroe90 said:

yes. The following statements is what I’ve received in an email on 8/5/2022 from The NYCT Employment center in regards of the concerns of the status of the list number for exam 7604. 

“Good Day, 

Thank you for contacting our office. 

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Train Operator Exam # 7604 was # 4258.  We have canvassed up to #4887. When your list number of 51xx is reached, an email will be sent to the email address we have on file for you.   

We cannot estimate when any particular list number will be reached. Hiring depends on available openings and proceeds in list number order.

Note that the civil service list must still be active and not be exhausted for you to be considered for employment. This list is set to expire on 9/19/2023. 

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. 

Employment Operations 

MTA NYCT Human Resources …” 

if anybody wants the original proof of my email please send me a message. I tried to post the photo of the email I’ve received but it won’t let me post photos. 

So according to NYC open data. I don't see any extensions to this exam,, perhaps they didn't update it?

18 minutes ago, TCart said:

It’s been a while since someone posted that they been called/emailed for medical. This process is long and annoying lol 

What gets me upset is you’re waiting 8+ hours, if that to wait for the drug screening when you’re down at Livingston st. They could at least knock out the medical portion …

16 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

That I don’t know. I mean it would be stupid on MTA part to call you in to start the process, and then tell you the list expired right when when you’re in the middle of your pre employment. So I’m guessing if you get called to do your preemployment and drug test, you’re safe ?

Transit isn't the "brightest" u will soon learn

If you're urine us dirty you'll get a call from transit letting you know, if you get no call from transit after your pre employment drug test that means you've passed the drug test. Every 90 days the drug test expires and you'd have to take another drug test. 

Also unrelated to making sure your pee is clean, I doubt transit is going to stop hiring T/Os anytime soon we're still short train operators and conductors. Also there isn't another test out yet if transit stopped calling people now more trips would end up ABD. Stop beating yourselves up if you aren't called yet, transit isn't the fastest.

MTA = Might Take Awhile

9 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Just finished final processing. I start oct 3rd. Oh and they don't have physical copies of the rules and regulations. They want us to print all 300 pages! Lol

OMG!!! Congrats!!! They dont have any books?? not even at the school? Did they give you a pdf version?

10 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

OMG!!! Congrats!!! They dont have any books?? not even at the school? Did they give you a pdf version?

At 180 they said the books weren't available and they emailed us the pdfs. We were told bring it day 1 so I'm assuming the school doesn't have them either.  At some point they have to give us a hard copy. I don't see the printed copies lasting too long being thrown around. The least they can do is reimburse us for the print outs. I don't see 300 pages bring cheap.  Ty!

18 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

At 180 they said the books weren't available and they emailed us the pdfs. We were told bring it day 1 so I'm assuming the school doesn't have them either.  At some point they have to give us a hard copy. I don't see the printed copies lasting too long being thrown around. The least they can do is reimburse us for the print outs. I don't see 300 pages bring cheap.  Ty!

I wouldn't print it unless they told u explicitly to do so and that they would reimburse u. That's ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

I'll echo the sentiment to not print the rulebook. Have school car provide you with a copy.

Someone who went through school car recently can certainly chime in, but I'm going to assume you'll get one when they hand out your tools.

9 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

I wouldn't print it out honestly. Imagine they make you print out all the other books. That would be insane. 

I'm going to wait since it's 2 and a half weeks until school starts. Hopefully others from the class post here.  If anyone has contacts in school car and can reach out that would be appreciated

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

Just finished final processing. I start oct 3rd. Oh and they don't have physical copies of the rules and regulations. They want us to print all 300 pages! Lol

How much time was it between the initial drug test pre-employment, the physical and final processing would you say it took? Just took my drug test yesterday, only took 4 hours from the moment I walked in. I was an hour early though..

1 minute ago, Soilwork said:

How much time was it between the initial drug test pre-employment, the physical and final processing would you say it took? Just took my drug test yesterday, only took 4 hours from the moment I walked in. I was an hour early though..

I'm not the normal case.  My first dt was March first medical april. Got put on medical hold. Cleared it in June but class full.  2nd dt and medical July. Could have been in august class but delayed bc family was visiting. Was going to be in sept class but then I caught covid so now finally I'm in a class