ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

So I went for my medical the day before thanksgiving. The paperwork that’s attached to the email, you don’t have to bring for your medical. Your medical consists of filling out some paperwork that they will give you, overlooking your application that you gave from your preeemployment appointment, the medical of course, and your second drug test. 

Now to my understanding, you have to come in for the third time to do your interview, fingerprints, picture ID taken, and then you’ll be sworn in and get a start date for orientation. 

Thank you for clearing that up! Also congrats and good luck, maybe we will end up in the same class?! 🎄

On 11/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, TOSironi said:

Make sure you put in a new preference sheet before the next pick starts!

8 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Hey I want too know how long do  they take too contact you..After You send email.  Too come off medical hold.. I was put on medical hold too do a  sleep study.  I did it. And now have machine at home.   I Sent them email.  About a month ago and no response. As of yet.  

20 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

So I went for my medical the day before thanksgiving. The paperwork that’s attached to the email, you don’t have to bring for your medical. Your medical consists of filling out some paperwork that they will give you, overlooking your application that you gave from your preeemployment appointment, the medical of course, and your second drug test. 

Now to my understanding, you have to come in for the third time to do your interview, fingerprints, picture ID taken, and then you’ll be sworn in and get a start date for orientation. 

What does the interview consist of? Are they asking you what you would do in certain situations? Because we all never had T.O. Experience prior.

3 minutes ago, KCA119 said:

What does the interview consist of? Are they asking you what you would do in certain situations? Because we all never had T.O. Experience prior.

I don’t know how they do it nowadays; but I don’t recall them interviewing me when I came in 4 years ago. So either they didn’t do it or it wasn’t anything significant. I just remember swearing in and being given a bunch of papers.

2 minutes ago, KCA119 said:

there is no "job interview" process.  he meant the medical interview which is with the doctor in the MAC.  he will ask you if you got problems etc, that's all.  they will check these - if you have a blood pressure and body temperature of around 98.6-degrees, if you can do a few squats, stand on one leg, touch your nose, eye/hearing test etc.....you will pass for sure, and will get this really really amazing job

5 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

there is no "job interview" process.  he meant the medical interview which is with the doctor in the MAC.  he will ask you if you got problems etc, that's all.  they will check these - if you have a blood pressure and body temperature of around 98.6-degrees, if you can do a few squats, stand on one leg, touch your nose, eye/hearing test etc.....you will pass for sure, and will get this really really amazing job

Lol thanks. My blood pressure is always just a point above normal. Would I still pass?

8 minutes ago, KCA119 said:

I have pre-employment Monday. Anyone know what I should wear? Is there a dress code to follow or just whatever you are comfortable in?

There is no real dress code for pre-employment. Business casual, but be comfortable I guess? 

1 hour ago, MoeMan said:

2 questions, I’m sure they were asked but I’m struggling to locate. 

1- what is done during the medical portion? 
2 - if I need to report at 6:30AM, what time do you think I’ll be completed on the 1st day of Pre Employment? 

1. Blood pressure, hearing and vision test, E.K.G, talk with the doctor. 

2. prepare to be there all day. 

On 11/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, Jericho said:

If you're in the B division. Be on the lookout for the vacancy bid in the next week or so if you want to try and get out of XX. And learn how to read the jobs. It'll help you when you start picking and/or get a Vacation Relief job too.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, trackerjack said:

6 months for Adiv and 8 months of Bdiv. it's shortened by 1-2 months too.  
enjoy your schoolcar days.....cuz **Extremely Negative Comment CENSORED***

On 11/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, Jay-Oh said:

There is no real dress code for pre-employment. Business casual, but be comfortable I guess? 

On 11/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, KCA119 said:

I have pre-employment Monday. Anyone know what I should wear? Is there a dress code to follow or just whatever you are comfortable in?

I have my medical (2nd part) tomorrow I'm so nervous. I pray everything goes smooth. 

9 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

I have my medical (2nd part) tomorrow I'm so nervous. I pray everything goes smooth. 

As long as you’re not super overweight, doesn’t have any crazy health issues, you’re good. I was nervous when I did mines Wednesday and I turned out to be okay