ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

37 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Which doesn't matter in my case, because I'm already down here. And I can't tell Transit that I need them to not give me jobs and report times that don't correspond with those two days. On top of all the studying.

Yes. For you. If you are already in transit fine. But for someone who isn’t it is a good job. Which also comes with 3 pensions. At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Djf22 said:

The other issue as I previously stated is the pay it takes 4 years to beat our pay. I can’t imagine making 27 an hour 

I am waiting for transit now. LIRR called me as well. So while I wait I will go for LIRR and see how far I can get. I am not working at the moment so I have some time to study. If transit calls me in time then I will go. Don’t want to miss out on any opportunities.

12 minutes ago, Godsfavorite said:

I am waiting for transit now. LIRR called me as well. So while I wait I will go for LIRR and see how far I can get. I am not working at the moment so I have some time to study. If transit calls me in time then I will go. Don’t want to miss out on any opportunities.

Yes do it I said the whole time this would have been easier if I wasn’t already a train operator. Good luck to you 

2 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

You know how it is when you a regular someplace and someone calls out or is late, before crew office fills the job the dispatcher is looking out the door to see who wants the work. Surprisingly most people say no. 

Used to be like that hasn’t been like that in a few months. A year or 2 ago was awesome it was all the ot you could handle 

1 hour ago, Godsfavorite said:

Yes. For you. If you are already in transit fine. But for someone who isn’t it is a good job. Which also comes with 3 pensions. At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you.

Def...by all means if one has nothing else going on.

The signal exams and quizzes are getting 5X harder now due to the previous corruption of shared information on exam material. People got fired and tests are made new every time one is administered. Whoever is lucky enough to get called next, study hard and make sure to constantly test yourself. Write things down, say it aloud and practice with your colleagues. Good luck folks!

21 minutes ago, RedoverRed said:

The signal exams and quizzes are getting 5X harder now due to the previous corruption of shared information on exam material. People got fired and tests are made new every time one is administered. Whoever is lucky enough to get called next, study hard and make sure to constantly test yourself. Write things down, say it aloud and practice with your colleagues. Good luck folks!

5x harder is an exaggeration. Also; anyone who’s called should’ve been studying hard anyway.

3 hours ago, RedoverRed said:

Not sure what was going on in school car but a lot of tss’s from school car came back to the road 

3 hours ago, RedoverRed said:

Well, I heard that A division had 14 out of 30 quits and failures after the new exam came out. 

Less qualified candidates or they didn’t put the effort in. It’s not new. I have friends in the latest class to take the signal exam. It wasn’t that hard. 
The problem lies in the fact that these tests are shared around a lot, people get complacent and when they get thrown a curve ball, they’re not prepared. You should always study the signals as if you don’t know what’ll be on the exam. Many in my class didn’t even need the test sent to us, because we spent everyday going over the signals either on the phone or solo.

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Less qualified candidates or they didn’t put the effort in. It’s not new. I have friends in the latest class to take the signal exam. It wasn’t that hard. 
The problem lies in the fact that these tests are shared around a lot, people get complacent and when they get thrown a curve ball, they’re not prepared. You should always study the signals as if you don’t know what’ll be on the exam. Many in my class didn’t even need the test sent to us, because we spent everyday going over the signals either on the phone or solo.

2 in my class should’ve failed both practicals as for the signals only 4 aside from myself actually passed the signal tests. It was frustrating cause I studied my ass off and then they got called in the hallway with the tss coaching them like so what you meant to say was 

2 hours ago, Djf22 said:

2 in my class should’ve failed both practicals as for the signals only 4 aside from myself actually passed the signal tests. It was frustrating cause I studied my ass off and then they got called in the hallway with the tss coaching them like so what you meant to say was 

Exactly, people rely too much on the “cushion” you’re given in schoolcar. Eventually they just think that they won’t need to study or put in effort. That’s how they end up failing out. 
Then you end up having people posting Instagram stories about how they got flunked out unfairly (e.g. the guy who caused all the signal exams to get changed).

3 hours ago, Djf22 said:

Not to subtle I’m sure there’s some good guys in the bunch but a lot of new people shock me  

Yea this. Some of the incidents I've heard about are wild. Mistakes are 1 thing and those happen to everybody. What I'm hearing about are wrong decision after wrong decision compounded by weak attempts at coverups. Lots of the new folks are doing fine but lately the incidents seem to be very mind boggling.

4 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Exactly, people rely too much on the “cushion” you’re given in schoolcar. Eventually they just think that they won’t need to study or put in effort. That’s how they end up failing out. 
Then you end up having people posting Instagram stories about how they got flunked out unfairly (e.g. the guy who caused all the signal exams to get changed).

Oooo I didn’t hear that story do tell please. No seriously wtf happened I must know lol?

4 hours ago, beanz said:

Yea this. Some of the incidents I've heard about are wild. Mistakes are 1 thing and those happen to everybody. What I'm hearing about are wrong decision after wrong decision compounded by weak attempts at coverups. Lots of the new folks are doing fine but lately the incidents seem to be very mind boggling.

I read about 1 on instagram that was crazy I think overran station hit home signal hooked down stop arm then split the switch and did damage to the switch and the train if that was real I don’t think it could get much worse 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:08 PM, Showtime said:

I was told to look out for a email after my pre employment. Do they not call when it’s time for medical? They only email? 

Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming class? I went for my 3rd pre employment on 3/21. I also called a number I found here and spoke to someone who told me the last hire was 5502. And I'm 55xx so there are only a few before me. Which is showing signs of hope.

2 minutes ago, jbolanos said:

Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming class? I went for my 3rd pre employment on 3/21. I also called a number I found here and spoke to someone who told me the last hire was 5502. And I'm 55xx so there are only a few before me. Which is showing signs of hope.

I went 3/21 as well for the 3rd time. still waiting on the medical email.