ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

7 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

Bring the money order with you. The amount will be in the email they send you when they tell you to come in for medical.

Crazy! Cause the email I received just said to fill out the pre employment application and Upon receipt of my drug/alcohol test results, I may be extended a conditional offer of employment and be invited to return to continue the pre-employment process. I’m be upset if they tell me to go home tomorrow morning

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

You said medical though. Pre employment & medical are 2 separate appointments.. For pre employment, you do not need the money order.

Ahhh ! My bad I thought everything was done at the same moment. So what’s after the pre employment part and after they take your urine? How long does it take to afterwards for them to reach back to you

Just now, Jay gutierrez said:

Ahhh ! My bad I thought everything was done at the same moment. So what’s after the pre employment part and after they take your urine? How long does it take to afterwards for them to reach back to you

6 minutes ago, Jay gutierrez said:

Crazy! Cause the email I received just said to fill out the pre employment application and Upon receipt of my drug/alcohol test results, I may be extended a conditional offer of employment and be invited to return to continue the pre-employment process. I’m be upset if they tell me to go home tomorrow morning

You are only handing in your employment history and documentation along with the drug test. It will be a separate day to undergo the medical exam. Depending on your list number, it may be awhile.

I was first drug tested back in October of 2018. Took another drug test in 2019 and was hired for the August 2019 class. Everyone's experience can be different.

1 minute ago, Jay gutierrez said:

It depends on transit. I did pre employment 3 times before they finally called me on for medical, so within 7 months i did pre employment 3x bc the drug test expires after 90 days. then i finally got the email for medical & then i got put into the next induction class at the time, so it could be a waiting game or they can reach out sooner, we may never know with transit 😭

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

You are only handing in your employment history and documentation along with the drug test. It will be a separate day to undergo the medical exam. Depending on your list number, it may be awhile.

I was first drug tested back in October of 2018. Took another drug test in 2019 and was hired for the August 2019 class. Everyone's experience can be different.

This is very resourceful! Thanks! I hope it takes a few months. I’m currently active military and I don’t separate until like the end of this year so hopefully it plays out well that way I don’t have to constantly take leave just to travel back to nyc. Thanks for elaborating on the process.

9 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

It depends on transit. I did pre employment 3 times before they finally called me on for medical, so within 7 months i did pre employment 3x bc the drug test expires after 90 days. then i finally got the email for medical & then i got put into the next induction class at the time, so it could be a waiting game or they can reach out sooner, we may never know with transit 😭

Oh damn! This sounds insane! Doing pre employment every 90 days again. 

On 7/26/2023 at 6:12 PM, Jericho said:

It will help to know what your list number is (12XXX?).

Anyway, you can try calling Ms. Olha at 347 643 8217. You will need to pay off the tickets and have a valid driver license. So you might as well reschedule your appointment a month or so away so you can square that out and have the marijuana leave your system. The pre-employment is when they go over your forms and documents and the drug test.

Lastly, this is for the title of train operator. You will actually be moving the train. The conductor operates the side doors.

Thank you so much for providing me with this information. I appreciate it greatly. I plan to call the number you gave me today and ask for Ms. Olha. As for rescheduling my appointment, I agree that it's best to reschedule a month from now. However, I have a pre-employment screening scheduled for next week on 8/1/23 that I cannot make. I tried to call and reschedule, but I haven't received a call back yet. I'm worried that if I don't show up for the appointment, they will think I'm not interested, which is not the case. Can you please let me know what to do in this situation? Also, I heard that rescheduling can take a long time, and I'm worried about waiting for months before hearing back from them. If they do call me back, will they give me a specific date and time, or can I choose? I really want to work for the MTA and be a hard-working employee. It would mean the world to me. I see so many people who are happily working for successful unions, jobs, and government jobs, and it gives me hope that I can be a part of a great organization like the MTA. BTW my list # is My List number is 69**

Edited by +Young+
As Requested

9 hours ago, JGar2023 said:

Oh wow, you had to do the pre-employment process three times? That sounds exhausting. I was excited when I received the pre-employment email, as I thought it would be a foot in the door. However, hearing about your experience makes me a bit worried. Normally, employers conduct pre-employment and drug test and then either hire you or let you know if you didn't get the job within a couple of weeks. It seems like the MTA hiring process could be quite time-consuming, and even then, you don't know for sure if you have the job. I always thought that after the pre-employment screening and drug test, if everything was okay, they would offer you a job right away and give you a start date within a month. But it doesn't seem like that's the case. Why does it feel like it takes so long to get hired?

1 hour ago, Uptown360 said:

Thank you so much for providing me with this information. I appreciate it greatly. I plan to call the number you gave me today and ask for Ms. Olha. As for rescheduling my appointment, I agree that it's best to reschedule a month from now. However, I have a pre-employment screening scheduled for next week on 8/1/23 that I cannot make. I tried to call and reschedule, but I haven't received a call back yet. I'm worried that if I don't show up for the appointment, they will think I'm not interested, which is not the case. Can you please let me know what to do in this situation? Also, I heard that rescheduling can take a long time, and I'm worried about waiting for months before hearing back from them. If they do call me back, will they give me a specific date and time, or can I choose? I really want to work for the MTA and be a hard-working employee. It would mean the world to me. I see so many people who are happily working for successful unions, jobs, and government jobs, and it gives me hope that I can be a part of a great organization like the MTA. BTW my list # is My List number is 69xx

Maybe you shouldn’t post your list number as you can be identified by it. 

3 hours ago, Uptown360 said:

Thank you so much for providing me with this information. I appreciate it greatly. I plan to call the number you gave me today and ask for Ms. Olha. As for rescheduling my appointment, I agree that it's best to reschedule a month from now. However, I have a pre-employment screening scheduled for next week on 8/1/23 that I cannot make. I tried to call and reschedule, but I haven't received a call back yet. I'm worried that if I don't show up for the appointment, they will think I'm not interested, which is not the case. Can you please let me know what to do in this situation? Also, I heard that rescheduling can take a long time, and I'm worried about waiting for months before hearing back from them. If they do call me back, will they give me a specific date and time, or can I choose? I really want to work for the MTA and be a hard-working employee. It would mean the world to me. I see so many people who are happily working for successful unions, jobs, and government jobs, and it gives me hope that I can be a part of a great organization like the MTA. BTW my list # is My List number is

You call Ms. Olha to reschedule...

Hey @+Young+, another post that needs the list number edited out. It's at the end.

On 6/5/2023 at 1:13 PM, RedoverRed said:

Heads-up, a lot of you guys joining new classes will think that you secured the job, however that is only the case if you score 100 on both signal exams. You need a good track record, 90/100s on quizzes, good train control and know your job. I suggest you guys have a plan B in case you flunk the signal exam. Study hard and good luck!

Any other recommendations? I just received a pre-employment screening and though it doesn't guarantee me the job, it's an opportunity I can't let slip by. I've spent my whole life trying to get into unions, but it never worked out. Everyone I talked to said they had family connections. So, the fact that I have a chance to become a Train Operator with the MTA is a blessing. I want to do everything I can to secure the job because I know it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm ready for the lifestyle that comes with being a train conductor, including long nights and working holidays. I am prepared for it all. I just need to make this work, with God's help. I cant let this opportunity slip from my hands I will do everything that I can in MY power to get the job, and also pray to the Man up Above.

1 minute ago, Uptown360 said:

Any other recommendations? I just received a pre-employment screening and though it doesn't guarantee me the job, it's an opportunity I can't let slip by. I've spent my whole life trying to get into unions, but it never worked out. Everyone I talked to said they had family connections. So, the fact that I have a chance to become a Train Operator with the MTA is a blessing. I want to do everything I can to secure the job because I know it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm ready for the lifestyle that comes with being a train conductor, including long nights and working holidays. I am prepared for it all. I just need to make this work, with God's help. I cant let this opportunity slip from my hands I will do everything that I can in MY power to get the job, and also pray to the Man up Above.

Study hard, memorize whatever material they give you. Take notes everywhere. The signal exam is the most important, memorize it and say it aloud, if you can spit it you can write it. 

14 minutes ago, RedoverRed said:

Study hard, memorize whatever material they give you. Take notes everywhere. The signal exam is the most important, memorize it and say it aloud, if you can spit it you can write it. 

I agree with everything that was said here ^

11 hours ago, Jericho said:

Hey @+Young+, another post that needs the list number edited out. It's at the end.

11 hours ago, Uptown360 said:

Yes Please delete 🙏 Thank you @Jericho @+Young+

Done! Just make sure you hide the last two digits. As a friendly reminder, with the fact that this particular list contains approximately 11,300 names, if your list number is:

-15,123 - you can represent this as 15,1**

-12,489 - you can represent this as 12,4**

Good luck everyone!!