ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The list isn’t going to expire in September because they don’t have another to replace it yet. The promotional TO exam isn’t until December & won’t be ready for atleast 6-9 months so this list will be extended for another year most likely. 

Promotional? I thought the December Test was open not promotional??

Edited by ealfinez
misspoke

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I meant the exam date. The filing for it is open now, but we take the test on December 8th or 9th. The filing for the open competitive exam opens on December 1st. 

I thought the date it was open to file FOR the exam was December with the exam date to be determined for 2024.. are you misspeaking"?

30 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

I thought the date it was open to file FOR the exam was December with the exam date to be determined for 2024.. are you misspeaking"?

I think they mean for the promotional. The open comp filing is in December.

Listen folks (all you hopefuls)  you get called you get hired PLEASE PLEASE do your Jobs and if you don't understand something ASK ASK ASK..

Come to work they are firing people from Schoolcar because they aren't even coming in and booking off..

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE FOLKS Who complain babble and say how rotten TA is  because if you take their word as gospel you'll be fired and they will still be here whining..

There's a reason why they keep extending this list its good for others but it shows the mindset of some people these days....

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Listen folks (all you hopefuls)  you get called you get hired PLEASE PLEASE do your Jobs and if you don't understand something ASK ASK ASK..

Come to work they are firing people from Schoolcar because they aren't even coming in and booking off..

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE FOLKS Who complain babble and say how rotten TA is  because if you take their word as gospel you'll be fired and they will still be here whining..

There's a reason why they keep extending this list its good for others but it shows the mindset of some people these days....

This is a whole FACT

3 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

This is a whole FACT

The stories im hearing and the things im hearing on that radio got me shaking my head..

You out on yer own as a TO not YX  how do you NOT know the procedure for a Red Circle K?

Then say it on the radio you don't know..

You get Instructions on the radio how to do it, Then not do it right and still go BIE..:(

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

The stories im hearing and the things im hearing on that radio got me shaking my head..

You out on yer own as a TO not YX  how do you NOT know the procedure for a Red Circle K?

You get Instructions on the radio how to do it, Then not do it right and still go BIE..:(

Is this in the A or the B Division? 

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

But they passed the signal test, how could this be? 😂

On 8/15/2023 at 8:26 AM, ealfinez said:

New List? Their still working off 7604

Wasn't speaking on new list, was wondering if DCAS made a new certification list, I seen one on here before, I was on it after being put back on the list because I was on medical hold and timed out. They must of forgot to call me, had to get back on the list.

23 minutes ago, Robert T said:

Wasn't speaking on new list, was wondering if DCAS made a new certification list, I seen one on here before, I was on it after being put back on the list because I was on medical hold and timed out. They must of forgot to call me, had to get back on the list.

The last certification was in May. I had an extremely low number and was not called. I was recertified to the list after being canned during probation.

2 hours ago, beanz said:

But they passed the signal test, how could this be? 😂

THIS is SAD AF... that confidence diminishes for some when theirs no TSS to lean on. Signals are you directions outside of control. You got instructions and still went BIE then your the problem not the job, respectfully 

1 minute ago, ealfinez said:

THIS is SAD AF... that confidence diminishes for some when theirs no TSS to lean on. Signals are you directions outside of control. You got instructions and still went BIE then your the problem not the job, respectfully 

Schoolcar needs to be longer in my opinion. Just cause somebody memorizes definitions doesn't mean they understand the signals. I've always thought that was flawed logic. I once had a classmate, who had all the definitions memorized like the back of his hand, ask me "so how do we key by a signal anyway?". That classmate is still out incident free so it's not so much a knock on him as it is that method of learning. Memorization does not equal understanding. Case in point this person and also the person back in the winter who tried to key by a home signal and split a switch. If he had any understanding of how the signals work he would have immediately realized how stupid it would be to key by a homeball, but all he had to lean on was memorization without understanding. Sad.

33 minutes ago, beanz said:

Schoolcar needs to be longer in my opinion. Just cause somebody memorizes definitions doesn't mean they understand the signals. I've always thought that was flawed logic. I once had a classmate, who had all the definitions memorized like the back of his hand, ask me "so how do we key by a signal anyway?". That classmate is still out incident free so it's not so much a knock on him as it is that method of learning. Memorization does not equal understanding. Case in point this person and also the person back in the winter who tried to key by a home signal and split a switch. If he had any understanding of how the signals work he would have immediately realized how stupid it would be to key by a homeball, but all he had to lean on was memorization without understanding. Sad.

This right here is 100% the truth. Just because yk the definition verbatim doesn’t mean you know what the signal actually mean, or what to do when you encounter it & I also agree that school car should be longer.