ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

You can make that amount(120K) if you are working..

A lot....

Some folks are about that paper down here yes god bless em, I'm not one of them.

I’m a B/O so 120k is normal if you’re in top pay and get a 10.5-11 hour run every pick. I don’t know how it works in T/O land. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Aww you sound triggered im only 53 years old (if you think that's old then you must be in yer teenage years)and il be gone in 2 years 11 months at 56 while you are still here whining on a buff message board...

Like you "tell it like it is" i have and always will but your comprehension issue is lacking since you glossed over what i said that I'm always willing to help..

Well except those who think they have all the answers..

I watch them sink....

Oh and that NEW RTO yeah let me tell ya this vote wisely and stop voting for the most popular person or the loudest person on the ballot..

How's that working out for ya?

Voting a whole slate in did wonders for RTO  huh?

good riddance

23 hours ago, Harlem said:

Dee. Respectfully. This job is not as simple as you’re imagining. In school car today we learned that we won’t be doing AM’s. Now our classes will be PM’s. So one has to study. Balance time with family. Worry about mastering a new skill and commute for an extra half hour each way because trains don’t run regularly at night. If the job was as easy as you imagine they wouldn’t be hiring so many people. Respectfully.

I’m guessing you’re in the 12/24 induction.
Just curious, what division did you end up with? 

17 minutes ago, ix360xi said:

what's that mean??

He got 1 in 3’d. 

“4.7.1 (c): 

Appointment or promotion from an established eligible list to a position in the competitive class shall be made by the selection of one of three persons certified by the commissioner of citywide administrative services or head of the certifying agency, as the case may be, as standing highest on such established list who are qualified and willing to accept such appointment or promotion. Where applicable, such selection shall be made as provided for in paragraph 4.4.12 of these rules.”

Essentially, transit chose one candidate out of three qualified candidates to offer the job to, and he was not that one. 
Only transit can put him back onto the list at their discretion.

3 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

He got 1 in 3’d. 

“4.7.1 (c): 

Appointment or promotion from an established eligible list to a position in the competitive class shall be made by the selection of one of three persons certified by the commissioner of citywide administrative services or head of the certifying agency, as the case may be, as standing highest on such established list who are qualified and willing to accept such appointment or promotion. Where applicable, such selection shall be made as provided for in paragraph 4.4.12 of these rules.”

Essentially, transit chose one candidate out of three qualified candidates to offer the job to, and he was not that one. 
Only transit can put him back onto the list at their discretion.

Wow that’s crazy mind you I’m already a conductor for the last 7 years. 

1 minute ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

I dont think that rule can be used in that manner. If it's for sick time, I believe they'll have to tell u that specifically. The 1/3 rule is supposed to be random.

That’s terrible. I’m running the risk of having the same exact problem trying to go to TA as a B/O. It seems like changing divisions or job titles in recent months has been secretly frowned upon. I tried to switch from MTA Bus Company to mabstoa and TA. I’m on 3 lists. 2 for mabstoa and 1 for TA.

I did 3 day 1 processings and drug tests, and I never hear anything back not even to take a 2nd drug test. it’s been over 90 days for two of those exams. And nothing no matter how many emails I send and how many times I call them. 

6 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

This is a good point. They love disqualifying people for their sick time.

Yep they sure as heck do smh... 

People who want the job they play the game with while there people here who shouldn't even have the Job till moving trains...

This place...

Edited by RTOMan

5 hours ago, DEE123 said:

That’s terrible. I’m running the risk of having the same exact problem trying to go to TA as a B/O. It seems like changing divisions or job titles in recent months has been secretly frowned upon. I tried to switch from MTA Bus Company to mabstoa and TA. I’m on 3 lists. 2 for mabstoa and 1 for TA.

I did 3 day 1 processings and drug tests, and I never hear anything back not even to take a 2nd drug test. it’s been over 90 days for two of those exams. And nothing no matter how many emails I send and how many times I call them. 

Don't let them folks who's stuck in those other depts dictate how u move. If you feel u need or want a change, go for it. I'm in a dept I want to get out of aswell, and I'm just waiting for the call just like you. Our day will come.

Edited by Jsalcedo718
Typo

9 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Sorry to hear that. 
You have another chance to take the T/O exam coming up. Study hard and try to get as high up on the list as you can. 

I applied for the promotional exam that's postponed. 

9 hours ago, Schecter said:

Probably based on sick time is your sick time decent?

sick category bad not on sick control

6 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

U didn't apply for that TO promotional that came out not long ago? If u did and u pass, most likely you'll get in that way.

I guess that's my only option now.