Can someone explain the different routes the J/M/Z and A take?

duelingdragons

I'll try my best to explain this to you. The (A) have have 3 terminals Inwood-207th Street, Ozone Park-Lefferts Blvd and Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue. During AM and PM rush hours only it goes to Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street. (A) goes to Lefferts Blvd and Far Rockaway 24/7, late nights the (A) makes all locals from Inwood-207th Street to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue, while the Lefferts Blvd trains terminates @ Euclid Avenue.

As for the (J)(M)(Z). The (J) goes to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer (24/7) and Broad Street (weekdays), while on weekends it terminates @ Chambers Street. The (M) goes to Metropolitan Avenue (24/7), Chambers Street (mid-days), Bay Parkway (weekday rush hours only) and Myrtle Avenue-Broadway (evenings, late nights and weekends only). The (Z) goes to Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer and Broad Street (weekday rush hours only)

as curake said is correct..

But too make it a lil Different:

(J)(M)(Z) BMT

(J) Runs all times from Jamica Center to Chambers, on weekdays all times to Broad Street, weekends it cuts to Chambers where you take the (4) or (5) for fulton street or Broad street (Bowling Green on (4)(5)

On Rush ours express from Marcy to Myrtle aves, Peek Direction AM to Manhattan/ PM to Queens this includes the (Z)

(J)(Z) Skip stop - Skip Stop from Myrtle to 121 street i belivie, Peek Direction, (Z) only runs one way, to manhattan AM, to Queens PM From Jamica to Broad

(M) Like Curake says but he forgot to metion eveings hrs to Broad Street not myrtle anymore seeing that the MTA wants to improve services on the (5) (:D(M)(W)

(A) IND

(A) Train same thing as he said but the (A) Only goes one way to Rockaway pk, AM to Manhattan , PM to Rockaway pk, all other times use the (S) Rockaway Park, The (A) always goes to Far Rockaway and inwood 207, But for Lefferts it Goes All day and evening to Lefferts and 207, late night shuttle between Euclid and Lefferts

Just my two cents :P

its also true...

(J)(M)(Z) train service runs kinda weird. the (J)(Z) run express between Marcy Av, Brooklyn and Myrtle Av-Broadway, Brooklyn only during rush hours while the (M) make all local stops. the (J)(Z) switches from the local track to the express track (opposite direction in the morning), and after it leaves Myrtle Av (going towards Jamaica), it runs skip-stop on the local track. that kills like 10 extra mins of the commute. during morning rush hours, they run on the express track and sometimes they have to wait for an (M) train to pull out of Marcy Av to enter onto the Local track.

its like the (:P(Q). They share the same track between DeKalb Av and Prospect Park.

just like the (A)(C). they share tracks between Hoyt-Schermerhorn St, Brooklyn and Canal St, Manhattan via 8 Ave line.

same with the (A)(:D©(D) via the Central Park West Line. the (A)(D) run via express and the (:D© run via local, and between 125 St and 145 St, it takes about 10-12 mins for trains to switch tracks.

Lets Not forget about the (N)(R)(W). Between 42 St-Times Sq and 59 St-Lexington Av, they share the same track. sometimes the (N) express has to wait for either a (R)(W) to leave the 42 St-Times Sq station in order to let the (N) express pull in, especially on the weekends. the (Q) has to wait for the (N) to leave the Prince St station, cross onto the express tracks then leave canal st so that the (Q) can enter canal st.

The (A)'s northern terminal is 207th St. The (A) remains one route until it reaches Rockaway Boulevard in Queens. If it continues on the main route it goes to Ozone Park - Lefferts Blvd. If it goes to the Rockaways then during all hours of the day it goes to Far Rockaway - Beach 67th St. During rush hours, special trips begin at Columbus Circle and go to Rockaway Park - Beach 116th St.

The (J) goes from Jamaica Center - Parsons/Archer to Broad Street at all times. During the weekends it only travels as far as Chambers St.During rush hours it travels express between Myrtle and Marcy Avenues and local throughout the rest of the route. The (Z) is the exact same thing as the (J) only there are six trains durign rus hour. Together, the (J) and (Z) skip a few stops, which the other train makes up. (ex - (J) skips stop which (Z) stops at, then the (Z) skips stop which (J) stops at, etc.)

The (M) travels from Metropolitan Ave., joins the (J)(Z) at Myrtle Ave. and continues as a local to Manhattan. During rush hours it travels to Bay Parkway in Brooklyn, during middays it travels to Chambers Street, during evenings it travels to Broad Street, and is cut to a shuttle during weekends and late nights.

Here it is simple as the service is drawn up (ie assuming there are no GO's in effect)...

(A)

Rush Hours:

-Inwood-207 St. to Lefferts Blvd

-Inwood-207 St. to Far Rock/Mott Av.

-Inwood-207 St. to Rock Park/Beach 116

All other times except late nights:

-Inwood-207 St. to Lefferts Blvd

-Inwood-207 St. to Far Rock/Mott Av.

Late nights:

-Inwood-207 St. to Far Rock/Mott Av., makes all local stops

-Shuttle Service between Euclid and Lefferts Blvd.

(J)/(Z)

Rush Hours:

-Jamaica Center to Broad St., peak express from Myrtle to Marcy, peak skip stop from 121 to Myrtle

All weekday times other than rush hours (J only):

-Jamaica Center to Broad St.

Weekends (J only):

-Jamaica Center to Chambers St.

(M)

Rush Hours:

-Metropolitan Av. to Bay Parkway

Weekdays, except rush hours and late nights:

-Metropolitan Av. to Chambers St.

NOTE: Last pick there were a couple of M trains to Broad, the 552 and 607 intervals out of MET and the 635 and 654 out of BRD as well as about 5 PM trains in each direction...don't know if that's still the case though. I'd assume so though but as a general rule for the service period above, Met -> Chambers.

Weekends and late nights

-Shuttle service between Metropolitan Av. and Myrtle Av.

I have a quick question for people on this board, When I take the (A) train during rush-hour mornings some trains roll signs states Dyckman St as the terminal. Do those train end at Dyckman St and then go straight into the 207 street yard?

I have a quick question for people on this board, When I take the (A) train during rush-hour mornings some trains roll signs states Dyckman St as the terminal. Do those train end at Dyckman St and then go straight into the 207 street yard?

Yes, many runs to Manhattan are terminated at Dyckman for easy access into 207th St Yard (There is a point during the AM rush where there isn't a full run from Far Rockaway to 207th St for 30 minutes). The (A) has to be the line for the most correct terminal signs I've ever seen; every sign on every R32/38/40M/42 train I've been on unless it's broken has been correct.

Yes, many runs to Manhattan are terminated at Dyckman for easy access into 207th St Yard (There is a point during the AM rush where there isn't a full run from Far Rockaway to 207th St for 30 minutes). The (A) has to be the most **** line for terminal signs I've ever seen; every sign on every R32/38/40M/42 train I've been on unless it's broken has been correct.

same thing goes for"

the (1) going to 137th street yd

the (5) Heading to Union Port/E180th Street yds

The (2) I THINK, termanenting at Neriod and heading to 239th street yd (correct me if im wrong)

The parkchester (Pelham bay lcl) (6) going to E177th for westchest yard i think too

and it does on =\

I never took a (Z) train in my life after all lines i took (Z) takes so long to come But never took it.

That's because there are only 6 trains in each direction on any given weekday.

Go to Chambers N/B platform right around 5pm to catch one B)

Archived