MTA passes

riello2u

Can anyone shed some light for those who live outside of NYor upstate and work for MTA with no residency required positions..Does the MTA provide passes other then metro passes for subway in NYC to get to work?? For example if you live in CT , NJ , or even Upstate NY?? Thank you

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by riello2u

If you are applying for a TWU position...

Right now:

You will get your choice of Metro North or LIRR commutation pass that you will apply for, and you will be eligible for this benefit unless you live in NYC. That pass will be good for only the commuter railroad you elect, you cannot choose both.

NJ Transit is a different agency (non TA) so you would get nothing for Jersey.

This may change if the tentative contract agreement is ratified by the members or the commutation pass provision is added in binding arbitration if the contract goes to arbitration. Details would be provided at that time, as it's too early to say without seeing the full text of the new agreement to be voted on.

Sounds like the new contract made it so all of us get the pass now

But until it's ratified, or if it's not and the contract goes to arbitration - until the arbitrator rules and chooses to include this provision - the benefit won't be provided just yet. So I'm providing the current info.

If the benefit is realized, the specifics of how it will work (separate commuter pass or just use TA pass, all agencies or you have to choose one) can be provided at that time, but if I tried to do that now it would be speculation.

If you are applying for a TWU position...

Right now:

You will get your choice of Metro North or LIRR commutation pass that you will apply for, and you will be eligible for this benefit unless you live in NYC. That pass will be good for only the commuter railroad you elect, you cannot choose both.

NJ Transit is a different agency (non TA) so you would get nothing for Jersey.

This may change if the tentative contract agreement is ratified by the members or the commutation pass provision is added in binding arbitration if the contract goes to arbitration. Details would be provided at that time, as it's too early to say without seeing the full text of the new agreement to be voted on.

I live in CT and I'm on the track worker list.. Already took a urine.. Good thing they offer the Metro pass that I can apply for because Lord knows I will be needing it..Thank you

Sent using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
On 5/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, Leon P Sealey said:

I am a retired NYCT manager living outside NY.  Recently I misplaced my transit pass.  What is the procedure  for receiving a replacement pass?

The best thing to do would be to go to the Pass Unit, located on the 5th Floor of 180 Livingston Street. They're open Mon - Fri, 8:30 to 4:30. You'll probably have some paperwork to fill out, however this would be the place to go. Every other year, all of the retirees go to the same location to have their passes renewed.

Good luck!!

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Leon Katz said:

How can I find out if this office is open for renewal of pass? telephone No.?

I tried calling I think they still closed but if you are in the A Division contact Supt. Cunningham at 347-643-7759 (Crew Office) 

If you are in the B Division contact Queens Plaza at 347-643-8669

• 2 years later...