Jeff Sessions asked 46 US Attorneys to resign; Preet Bharara fired by Trump admin after refusal

mfs NJT459

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/11/new-york-us-attorney-refusing-step-down/99055128/

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York-based U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said Saturday that the Trump administration fired him after he refused to its request to resign along with 45 other U.S. attorneys across the nation.

"I did not resign," Bharara said on Twitter. "Moments ago I was fired. Being the US Attorney in SDNY (Southern District of New York) will forever be the greatest honor of my professional life."

The surprising decision by the Trump administration late Friday to dismiss 46 federal prosecutors held over from the Obama administration, including Bharara, sent shockwaves through New York.

Except a) Bhrarara had been asked to stay on by Trump some months ago and b) this is an unusually late firing.

So what? Things change. I am sick of people making a big deal about everything this administration does. This is completely LEGAL. Get over it already. In other news, President Trump farted.

I think that there is more to this story then is being presented here and to understand what happened here, we have to go back in terms of history. As Via Garibaldi stated in her post "United States Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the president" and by implication, the party in power and therefore can be removed as soon as the new president takes office. Most United States Attorneys in these positions do so and their successors are recommended by members of that party. There are exceptions to this rule as the person up for the Deputy Attorney General, Ron Rosenstein was appointed by President Bush and reappointed by President Obama. The question that everyone is asking is since Mr. Baharra met with President Donald Trump before he was sworn in as president and was told that he would stay on to complete the work in terms of the investigations, then why did we receive this news about three months after we were led to believe that Mr. Baharra would stay on as United States Attorney?

What Kenneth Lovett  wrote in today's New York Daily News online has the answer in the last paragraph as Mr. Baharra's sponsor is none other than Charles Schumer. When Mr. Trump met with Mr. Baharra before he took the oath of president, it is my opinion that it was known that his patron was Schumer and that Mr. Trump hoped that he could work with him. So there was a quid-pro-quo or you help me, I help you. We all know what happened with Senator Schumer and President Trump so Mr. Baharra along with all the other Obama appointees were asked to resign. With the present political climate in Washington. with all the leaks and everything else going on, it became "Who can you trust?" So bye,bye Mr. Baharra!

For the record, one of Mr. Baharra's predcessors also was fired by then President Richard Nixon. His name is Robert Morgenthau!

I think that there is more to this story then is being presented here and to understand what happened here, we have to go back in terms of history. As Via Garibaldi stated in her post "United States Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the president" and by implication, the party in power and therefore can be removed as soon as the new president takes office. Most United States Attorneys in these positions do so and their successors are recommended by members of that party. There are exceptions to this rule as the person up for the Deputy Attorney General, Ron Rosenstein was appointed by President Bush and reappointed by President Obama. The question that everyone is asking is since Mr. Baharra met with President Donald Trump before he was sworn in as president and was told that he would stay on to complete the work in terms of the investigations, then why did we receive this news about three months after we were led to believe that Mr. Baharra would stay on as United States Attorney?

What Kenneth Lovett  wrote in today's New York Daily News online has the answer in the last paragraph as Mr. Baharra's sponsor is none other than Charles Schumer. When Mr. Trump met with Mr. Baharra before he took the oath of president, it is my opinion that it was known that his patron was Schumer and that Mr. Trump hoped that he could work with him. So there was a quid-pro-quo or you help me, I help you. We all know what happened with Senator Schumer and President Trump so Mr. Baharra along with all the other Obama appointees were asked to resign. With the present political climate in Washington. with all the leaks and everything else going on, it became "Who can you trust?" So bye,bye Mr. Baharra!

For the record, one of Mr. Baharra's predcessors also was fired by then President Richard Nixon. His name is Robert Morgenthau!

Yes and Schumer has been a complete  a-hole with Trump. Typical Democrat. They lost the election because they haven't been producing,  and now they want to complain about EVERYTHING. pathetic. 

While it may be procedure to replace attorneys during a presidential transition, it is in no way normal to tell them they are staying on then fire them three months in, and without any replacements ready.

Doesn't make a difference. The Trump administration acted within the law. There is really no story here. This administration also is one of the first to have taken this long to have their full staff in place, so this is all a big to do about nothing. I'm more curious about their economic plan and what sort of tax cuts will be coming to encourage businesses to hire and grow, along with cuts to things like bloated welfare programs. Those are the things I want to hear about. Additionally, more protectionist measures should mean more American goods produced here and more middle class jobs for Americans instead of the low wage service jobs that Obama touted.

The investigations of both the mayor and the governor are continuing, so any suggestion that the two elected leaders (and others) are out of the woods now are premature. The grand juries  will continue hearing evidence until the United States Attorney presents and asks them for a vote on an indictment. Nothing has appeared in the media as to the date of the end of the term of the grand juries so their decisions can come at any time.

I think that one of the problems in this entire matter is we really do not know whether there (are) were investigations of Trump by his office as attributed to some sources which leads to the question what is real or fake news? My statement that there may have been a quid-pro-quo that came out of Mr. Baharra from his initial meeting has a lot of credence based on the telephone call last Thursday from President Trump. This points to the person that recommended him as the problem and the fear that has permeated this administration based on what is happening now  made them come to the conclusion that Mr. Baharra would not be fair despite his reputation for honesty and support from both parties.

The investigations of both the mayor and the governor are continuing, so any suggestion that the two elected leaders (and others) are out of the woods now are premature. The grand juries  will continue hearing evidence until the United States Attorney presents and asks them for a vote on an indictment. Nothing has appeared in the media as to the date of the end of the term of the grand juries so their decisions can come at any time.

I think that one of the problems in this entire matter is we really do not know whether there (are) were investigations of Trump by his office as attributed to some sources which leads to the question what is real or fake news? My statement that there may have been a quid-pro-quo that came out of Mr. Baharra from his initial meeting has a lot of credence based on the telephone call last Thursday from President Trump. This points to the person that recommended him as the problem and the fear that has permeated this administration based on what is happening now  made them come to the conclusion that Mr. Baharra would not be fair despite his reputation for honesty and support from both parties.

Baharra was picked by Obama... Enough said...  :lol:

Archived