Linkin Park's Chester Bennington found dead of suicide (41)

46Dover

Truly heartbroken. Linkin Park is my all-time favorite band, and he's one of my all-time favorite lead singers.

Mike Shinoda came out with a statement, and its all true. It's so hard to believe....

I was stunned when Chris Cornell committed suicide.  All of my friends know how much I love Soundgarden.  Collected anything and everything from that band. Never was really into Linkin Park, but I did like Papercut.

I've listened to Linkin Park's music on occasion (mainly songs from One Thousands Suns and Living Things), and I liked it. Chester definitely had a very nice voice, very talented individual. Of the songs I've heard, his vocals in "BURN IT DOWN" and "Iridescent" stood out the most (to me). This is unexpected and tragic. RIP...

I was stunned when Chris Cornell committed suicide.  All of my friends know how much I love Soundgarden.  Collected anything and everything from that band. Never was really into Linkin Park, but I did like Papercut.

I was upset when he passed away too....Like A Stone is my all-time favorite song of his.

What makes this extremely haunting is that today is Chris Cornell's birthday, and him & Chester are close friends....

I was devastated when I heard the news... I still remember when I first heard their music (first song of theirs I listened to was What I've Done) and immediately fell in love with Chester's voice... I've been listening to them for almost a decade now and they hold a special place in my heart as their music has gotten me through some tough times.

I feel as though it's a little ironic tbh... Chester committed suicide while he and his band's music have most likely stopped others from self-harm.

Regardless, you will be missed, Chester...

Archived