Bee-Line Bus Service Changes Effective 9/5/2017

Here are the service changes effective September 5, 2017. Beside the 13, 75, and 91 service to Playland coming to an end, there are noticeable service changes planned.

http://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/pdfs/FALL17Brochure.pdf

Route Changes:

7: (Schedule Not Released Yet)

Service will be extended from Getty Square to the Yonkers Railroad Station. 

7, 30, 45: (Schedules Not Released Yet)

In downtown New Rochelle, trips operating on Huguenot Street will now turn left from Huguenot Street to Center Street, then turn left on Main Street (???).

25: (Schedule Not Released Yet)

All westbound trips will end at Dock Street/Woodworth Avenue (???).

43: (Schedule Not Released Yet)
All service is extended to serve Westchester Community College

Schedule Changes:

Expect "minor schedule changes" on the following routes:

Weekdays: 4, 14, 15, 25, 26, 30, 43, 45, 77, 78, BxM4C
Saturdays: 6, 7, 20, 30, 45, 78
Sundays: 1, 5, 7, 8, 20, 25, 45, 78

Schedules have not been posted yet. They'll probably be up soon.

The #25 change means that buses will only begin at the Yonkers MNRR station, not terminate there (not sure what the logic is)

The #7 change basically means that instead of going all the way down to that little "U-turn" area past Columbus Avenue, the buses will just turn left on Centre Avenue to reach Main Street. (Between that and the stop consolidations, maybe they're looking to make the extension to the Yonkers MNRR station cost-neutral)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

Really? Have the 43 serve Westchester CC and the Medical Center? That's overkill. Couldn't the 40 or 41 serve WCC?

Yup... now they got the 43 running down (key term there) to WCC.....

My gripe isn't that it now serves WCC, it's that it serves WMC before WCC.....

I wonder if anyone's ditched the 41 for the 43 since this change....

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yup... now they got the 43 running down (key term there) to WCC.....

My gripe isn't that it now serves WCC, it's that it serves WMC before WCC.....

I wonder if anyone's ditched the 41 for the 43 since this change....

That's too much backtracking. They worded it as an extentsion. That's like giving the SAS a stop at 28 St

3 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

That's too much backtracking. They worded it as an extentsion. That's like giving the SAS a stop at 28 St

Well in terms of mileage, either way it'd be an extension....

However.... In terms of the physical route itself, if it served WCC before WMC, it'd be a mid-route diversion..... Having it serve WMC before WCC though, they're right - it is an extension (although being a backtrack as well)....

Having the SAS stop at 28th wouldn't really be akin to either scenario, outside of added duration/runtime.....

18 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Well in terms of mileage, either way it'd be an extension....

However.... In terms of the physical route itself, if it served WCC before WMC, it'd be a mid-route diversion..... Having it serve WMC before WCC though, they're right - it is an extension (although being a backtrack as well)....

Having the SAS stop at 28th wouldn't really be akin to either scenario, outside of added duration/runtime.....

I know but it's still unnecessary in my book. Might as well have the 60 serve New Rochelle TC. 

• 2 months later...
On 30/8/2017 at 10:04 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Typical Westchester. They cut all of their bus service and then dump their residents on our express buses, subways and local buses.   <_<

No kidding i'm wishing for them to make the last #13 to Tarrytown leave at 1050pm and not 1040pm is outrage because the upcoming CT Transit 11 comes from Stamford at 1045pm and misses at ease the transfer connections with BL 13 leaving at 1040pm...i have a friend who works in Stamford and lives in White Plains he says his shift ends at 930pm and has to take metro north to Port Chester and pay up $3.50 plus $2.75 more via BL 13 of 1040pm. ..with the eased connections not will he only saves up to nearly 4 bucks but some who wish to continuation from Connecticut to White Plains and points west 

1000pm CT-S 11 leaves McKinney transportation ctr at Stamford MNR

1043-1048pm CT-S due arriving to Port Chester MNR at intersection of Main St and Westchester avenue 

1050pm LAST BL 13 departs MNR station and i say 1050pm not 1048pm BL operators arriving White Plains at 1120pm and Elmsford sq at 1145pm Tarrytown at 1205am

On 30/8/2017 at 6:15 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

You want them to run service to a closed amusement park?

No, I want them to serve their residents instead of dumping them on us to move around. They sure as hell don't think we should be using Metro-North, despite how much City dollars subsidize the commuter rail system, but they have no problem using our services.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know you guys but i think the BL 12 should at least be extended to Mount Kisco...i mean Mt Kisco is double the population of Armonk and has another Bee Line route (19) ...in the past ive ridden the BL 12 from White Plains to Jefferson Valley Mall and by far is north of Mount Kisco where the ridership rinders to less than 5 passengers...south of Kisco the ridership triples up ...if a possible extension is acquired then it is a 80 min headway eAch direction 

Weekend buses only go to the airport 

On 12/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, DS4Ever said:

I don't know you guys but i think the BL 12 should at least be extended to Mount Kisco...i mean Mt Kisco is double the population of Armonk and has another Bee Line route (19) ...in the past ive ridden the BL 12 from White Plains to Jefferson Valley Mall and by far is north of Mount Kisco where the ridership rinders to less than 5 passengers...south of Kisco the ridership triples up ...if a possible extension is acquired then it is a 80 min headway eAch direction 

Weekend buses only go to the airport 

I don't think you'd get an argument from anyone on here with this one.... I still believe that not only should all service run to Mt. Kisco at minimum, but maybe 2 or so trips in each direction run up to/from JVM (weekdays).....

As is, the route is a shell of its former self - feels like a local version of route H or something (which is pathetic)... I can't even be bothered in wanting to 'fan it anymore....

Archived