Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

16 minutes ago, bchen9786 said:

just the pre employment booklet/letter thing "MTA NYCT is canvassing names on the Track Worker Exam 8600 list in anticipation of making appointments. In order for you to be considered for this position, you must respond to this canvass, complete the enclosed pre-employment application form and submit any required document(s) to indicate your interest. When you submit your application please include the exam title, your full name, exam number and list number in the subject line of the email. Please submit the complete application as a PDF file."

I had received that email on Feb 24th this year,as they were sent out to the 1st 500 people on the list. I'm in the late 400s  range and I still haven't gotten contacted to come in for the drug test yet. So you more than likely have a few months before you get that call to come in as I seen that you were concerned about finishing the school year in Asia. I will update when I get contacted to go in on this forum thread. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Steve78 said:

I had received that email on Feb 24th this year,as they were sent out to the 1st 500 people on the list. I'm in the late 400s  range and I still haven't gotten contacted to come in for the drug test yet. So you more than likely have a few months before you get that call to come in as I seen that you were concerned about finishing the school year in Asia. I will update when I get contacted to go in on this forum thread. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Thank you so much that gives me time to finish things in Asia. 

Just now, Steve78 said:

They filling up the July 19th class with list numbers in in 300s right now, so you'll probably get in the one after that.

4 minutes ago, Steve78 said:

I just received the email about NYCT canvassing names on the list. I'm in the 700's, though. The email says to send in the pre-employment information by the 23rd. 

On estimate, how long after this step before the drug test?

I also received my pre appointment application today after 12 pm, but just about an hr ago I received another email from employmentcentermow@nyct.com which said the following..

Good afternoon, Please see below and use this corrected email address instead when returning your completed applications to the Employment Center. employmentcentermow@nyct.com...etc

is this a fake email?

I also received my pre employment application email earlier in the day today. But just about an hr ago I received another email which said the following.

Good afternoon,

Please see below and use this corrected email address instead when returning your completed applications to the Employment Center.

employmentcentermow@nyct.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

is this a spam email or really a legitimate one?

5 hours ago, JayC said:

I just received the email about NYCT canvassing names on the list. I'm in the 700's, though. The email says to send in the pre-employment information by the 23rd. 

On estimate, how long after this step before the drug test?

Its hard to say because alot of factors come into play like how many people fail the drug test, or dont pass the physical, or have lots of tickets on there driving record or find other employment and decline the mta job. But if I had to guess I'd say somewhere between 3 to 8 months from when you submit the form. I submitted the canvass letter in late February and I'm still waiting. But one thing I can tell you is it does seem to be moving at a very good pace because they are into the people in the 300's on the list. So I am hoping to be either in the August, September, or October class if all goes well and I am in the 400s on the list. I will definitely post when I get the call for the drug test and then the medical/physical to keep people updated to where they are at on the list when they get to the late 400 numbers.

57 minutes ago, Steve78 said:

Its hard to say because alot of factors come into play like how many people fail the drug test, or dont pass the physical, or have lots of tickets on there driving record or find other employment and decline the mta job. But if I had to guess I'd say somewhere between 3 to 8 months from when you submit the form. I submitted the canvass letter in late February and I'm still waiting. But one thing I can tell you is it does seem to be moving at a very good pace because they are into the people in the 300's on the list. So I am hoping to be either in the August, September, or October class if all goes well and I am in the 400s on the list. I will definitely post when I get the call for the drug test and then the medical/physical to keep people updated to where they are at on the list when they get to the late 400 numbers.

I would appreciate if you kept us updated when you go for the drug test, medical, physical, etc. I just got the email today and I'm in the 700's so it'll probably be awhile for me like you said, especially with you in the 400 range. But, thank you again and good luck to you and everyone else! 

I got the call for the 8600 Track Worker List and they told me to check my email if I'm still interested. In the email there is a Pre Employment Backround sheet. 

My question is as I am trying to fill it out, there is a Document Type 2 Appointment sheet that asks for Pass No._______ . An Exam No.______ And a List No. _______

I am aware the Exam number is 8600 but what is a List No. and Pass no? Is the pass no. my grade I got on the test? And the List no. is my  number I am sitting on the list? If so where can I find this information since its been a few years since I had that info. 

Thanks

53 minutes ago, DJjJ said:

I got the call for the 8600 Track Worker List and they told me to check my email if I'm still interested. In the email there is a Pre Employment Backround sheet. 

My question is as I am trying to fill it out, there is a Document Type 2 Appointment sheet that asks for Pass No._______ . An Exam No.______ And a List No. _______

I am aware the Exam number is 8600 but what is a List No. and Pass no? Is the pass no. my grade I got on the test? And the List no. is my  number I am sitting on the list? If so where can I find this information since its been a few years since I had that info. 

Thanks

Don't worry about that part, it's not important for the pre employment. Just fill everything else out to the best of your ability.

34 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

Im currently filling out the pre employment forms and came across list number and "effective date". What exactly is the "effective date" refer to? Thx in advance 

Don't worry about that part until they call you downtown to finish the paperwork.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:18 PM, Acb9310 said:

I also received my pre employment application email earlier in the day today. But just about an hr ago I received another email which said the following.

Good afternoon,

Please see below and use this corrected email address instead when returning your completed applications to the Employment Center.

employmentcentermow@nyct.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

is this a spam email or really a legitimate one?

It is legitimate, they are just trying to keep the different departments separate, such as Buses, RTO (Rapid Transit Operations), MOW (Maintenance of Way), etc.

On 6/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, DJjJ said:

Thanks

If you forgot your list number, type your last name into the search box of this website. That should do the trick.

42 minutes ago, Rj617 said:

The release of information form - 49 CFR part 40 drug and alcohol testing  form has to be completed before drug test or do we fill it out there? I just want the forms completed for next step

Everything has to be filled out to the best of your ability before you get there. If anything is questionable, they will try to resolve it via e-mail before you arrive to 180 Livingston Street.

Good luck everyone!!

Hi guys, I'm about to fill out my canvass letter and pre-employment info myself (I'm in the high 6xx's on the list). Just wanted to say thank you for everyone posting questions and constant info for everyone. It's helped a lot. I did have a couple questions myself, probably born out of just over-worrying, but I know how technical they can get when going through the papers.

1. I moved back here from the west coast three weeks ago in prepping for either this position or the train operator list. The earliest I could get an appointment to update my ID is on 7/23, so right now my ID is still my old information from living on the west coast. I also haven't updated my address with the MTA for either position, though I can send those emails anytime. The paperwork asks for your living addresses for the last five years and I don't want to lie on it and hide my current address even if it doesn't match up to my id or the info they have on file. I can easily not send a copy of my driver's license since it's not a driving position technically, and by the time they call me in it should be updated. I'm thinking of just doing that and filling everything out honestly and that should be good, but I wasn't sure. I don't know if any of that even matters, to be honest, but I just hear how strict they are on the paperwork and I don't want to mess any of this up. haha

2. My other question is I'm currently interviewing for a couple of jobs that I was going to take just to earn some money while waiting for these MTA jobs, but I won't be hired by them, if any, this week so I won't be able to put them on the job history paperwork when I turn them in. If I do that a job AFTER the paperwork's in, will that be an issue? I've heard people getting into trouble when they forgot to add a job somewhere in their paperwork, and I'm fearful of that happening to me. Or will it be good since the job was after the date I turned it in, and they can maybe amend it afterwards? We do have enough money saved to live off of for six months or so, and if they keep at the same rate of hire as these last few months, I'll probably be called in for the pre-employment tests either August or September, I'm guessing, so there's really not long to wait, so I can just hold off form any more work until then if need be and avoid the headaches, but I'm just not sure. 

Thanks for any help or opinions, guys. I'm sure I'm just being overly neurotic, but I've been looking forward to these jobs for years at this point and now that it's almost there, I'm deathly afraid of screwing it up by paperwork. haha

5 hours ago, dee-bees said:

Hi guys, I'm about to fill out my canvass letter and pre-employment info myself (I'm in the high 6xx's on the list). Just wanted to say thank you for everyone posting questions and constant info for everyone. It's helped a lot. I did have a couple questions myself, probably born out of just over-worrying, but I know how technical they can get when going through the papers...

You're more than welcome for the constant information! And welcome back to New York from the West Coast! As far as the paperwork and/or jobs are concerned, just submit it with the way you stand right now, since there is a deadline. If you obtain a permanent address and/or find another job in the interim, you can always update your paperwork.

4 hours ago, Rj617 said:

Another question.. it states in email that they want the forms sent back in pdf format. Im not able to provide signature on pdf format.  Does this void the application if I submit without signature?

You're not able to provide the signature on the PDF format? When I save the PDF file to my desktop, I use the "fill and sign" feature to sign the documents. I have used feature this at least twice during the pandemic for other "official" documents, and the people reviewing the documents said the following two words to me: "Good enough."

I would encourage you to look at the three "print-screen" images below which should help you. If you still need help, send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll try to help you out to the best of my ability.

Good luck!!

printscreen1.jpg

printscreen2.jpg

printscreen3.jpg

Edited by +Young+

5 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You're more than welcome for the constant information! And welcome back to New York from the West Coast! As far as the paperwork and/or jobs are concerned, just submit it with the way you stand right now, since there is a deadline. If you obtain a permanent address and/or find another job in the interim, you can always update your paperwork.

You're not able to provide the signature on the PDF format? When I save the PDF file to my desktop, I use the "fill and sign" feature to sign the documents. I have used feature this at least twice during the pandemic for other "official" documents, and the people reviewing the documents said the following two words to me: "Good enough."

I would encourage you to look at the three "print-screen" images below which should help you. If you still need help, send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll try to help you out to the best of my ability.

Good luck!!

printscreen1.jpg

printscreen2.jpg

printscreen3.jpg

I was able to do it.. thank you for the help.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Good luck!!

printscreen1.jpg

printscreen2.jpg

printscreen3.jpg

I used the digitally signed method, hopefully that works too!

17 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I'll be sure to do that. Do you know if I would need to get ahold of them to update it, or just wait until I'm called in for the pre-employment stuff and update it then?

22 hours ago, Acb9310 said:

I used the digitally signed method, hopefully that works too!

The digital signature is fine. I did the same and sent it in months ago. If you leave blanks or fill something out wrong the mta will contact you via email and Will tell you either what you are missing or what to correct on the application. They did it for alot of the guys that got the canvass letter and pre employment forms back in february.

1 hour ago, Steve78 said:

The digital signature is fine. I did the same and sent it in months ago. If you leave blanks or fill something out wrong the mta will contact you via email and Will tell you either what you are missing or what to correct on the application. They did it for alot of the guys that got the canvass letter and pre employment forms back in february.

Awesome! Thank you. Good luck to everyone

8 hours ago, dee-bees said:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I'll be sure to do that. Do you know if I would need to get ahold of them to update it, or just wait until I'm called in for the pre-employment stuff and update it then?

You're welcome. As far as your situation is concerned, as soon as anything changes (permanent address, job situation, etc.) I would update the packet and re-send it as soon as possible. I would not wait until your called in for the pre-employment, however this is just me. The final decision is yours.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+