Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2021 at 10:55 PM, Welcome738 said:

I’m in list 40x’s and still have not received a call or an email, just the pre employment application back in March. Starting to get worried since people are saying next class is August 2 and already at 400’s 

I am in the 400s as well and I haven't heard anything yet, and yes there is 1 class per month.

Has anyone received a notification for drug screening or upcoming class on Aug 2nd ? Just curious if each class is from the next "100" on the list and if the MTA is notifying people if they are not selecting them.from the list pool.

9 minutes ago, Chuckk said:

Got an email regarding my first training class on august 2nd, in the email it stated the class sized got reduced too 11. Maybe it’s going to take a while for the rest of the guys in the 400s to get called. 

How long ago were you contacted to come in for the drug test? Also are you in the 40*,41*,42*,43* range of number on the list? I'm just trying to figure out how far into the 400s they notified for this class.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, Chuckk said:

Going in for my drug test in a few days, my current job as a mail courier pays me $29.89 and once September hits I’ll be at $32 which my top pay at $35 (which would change within the next 2 years during the next contract) and my seniority is decent and I love my route especially where I live too! Now I’m here really contemplating wether it’s worth taking the pay cut or what. Im in a local aswell but im hearing nothing beats the city union. Is anyone else in the same boat as me who’s legit stuck. I wish MTA reached out too me before I got my full time position at my current job and now I got comfortable here too even leave to start over.. and btw with my current job I’ll be able to Transfer within the TriState and keep my same pay but with Trackworker I’m stuck in NYC . Just something I’ve been thinking longterm.

I noticed you posted this on June 21st so I'm assuming your in the 300s on the list.

2 hours ago, Steve78 said:

How long ago were you contacted to come in for the drug test? Also are you in the 40*,41*,42*,43* range of number on the list? I'm just trying to figure out how far into the 400s they notified for this class.

I did my drug test and pre employment screening roughly 2 weeks ago. My list number is 31x and when I seen the chart with the class I’m in the highest person list number was 36x. Reason why I’m stating kinda late Bc I never got the email for my drug test date n etc until HR contacted me and set up a future date for me which was very clutch. 

5 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Overheard that the August 2nd class was supposed to be 30 but, it got pushed down to 11, and the next class after that one got postponed.

Got any idea why was that? Did they split it or most of the other candidates got into a situation or something too postpone their start date ?

2 hours ago, Chuckk said:

Got any idea why was that? Did they split it or most of the other candidates got into a situation or something too postpone their start date ?

Nah no clue, just overheard the MSII leading the training mention that, may have to do with them trying to implement the pick.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:01 PM, Chrisr91 said:

I don’t know if anyone has asked this already but is there a phone # or email I can reach out too to see what list # they are up to?

Dcas runs it so whatever number they have.

212-669-1357 try this number, if not they will give you the correct number to call.