Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QnsBlvd said:

I completed the Final Processing; the place was a full house today! The 5/8 class was full. I was told to report on 6/5. Good Luck to all! 

My list is the 42## range. I know this exam is set to expire 2024 I think in January, any info on if this exam may get an extension? 

Also anyone in the 3900-4000 got an pre employment email yet? 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Mohamed said:

My list is the 42## range. I know this exam is set to expire 2024 I think in January, any info on if this exam may get an extension? 

Thank you 

100% this list gets extended, the list was established in 2020 but they didn’t start calling until 2021. 2025 Jan seems more likely the list will expire if anything. 

8 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Thank you 

My list number is 35xx. No idea about the extension, but don't give up!

On 4/18/2023 at 7:22 PM, Mohamed said:

Thank you 

I think I have less chance my list is 46xx 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Chris127 said:

Lol absolutely not and honestly guys dont really want that as an option here… but it is in for the contract demands 

Ah ok lol What about allowances for commute and parking expenses.? I was reading something about transitcheck not sure if its a allowance they give employees or they just take it out from our pay-roll and put into transitcheck

28 minutes ago, Jordan11208 said:

Ah ok lol What about allowances for commute and parking expenses.? I was reading something about transitcheck not sure if its a allowance they give employees or they just take it out from our pay-roll and put into transitcheck

Yea we got transit check but i believe its something you set up that comes out ya check depending how you set it up but we get no allowance for parking 

18 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

You get an unlimited MetroCard stamped with with either LIRR or Metro North. You can only choose one. 

Majority of conductors on either line will honor your pass regardless, but once in a blue you'll run into a prick or someone new that has to follow the rules. 

Not sure why you think parking expense is a thing, but it never has been. 

5 minutes ago, rskbreaker said:

12251 have been the lightest and most comfortable for me so far.

23130 is something new. How's do they feel? 

I just ordered them. I should get them by Monday. I’ll let you know. 

Edited by Marv

7 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Anyone know what Class A endorsements are needed for fleet? Thanks..

You need a class B license with an A permit to bid on the spot, but you will need tanker and hazmat which would allow you to drive while you wait for transit to send you to get your A license