Ads on the 1

mark1447

From the News here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5415

I found 1 Train with the ads similar to the (S)

Cars 2200-2196 on 242nd side

S7301661.jpg

S7301662.jpg

if you didnt see (S) here:

S7301434.jpg

S7301444.jpg

seems like its expanding :P but what about graffiti, wouldnt it affect it, like back then when we had blue strips instead =\

i was wondering if the R62As are the ONLY cars to get this, I wonder how R142/A, 143, 160A/B would look like with these :eek:

Looks to me that they are taking advantage of the smaller space between the two ridges on the sides of the R-62/As which R-142/As don't have. The R-142s look better suited for the full wraps since they would not have the ridges to obstruct the wrap at all. They're also somewhat more bland, IMO.

The stripe adds don't look bad unlike the hideous full interior and exterior wraps. The only difference between it an the "graffiti epidemic" is that (MTA) can at least cash in on this corporate graffiti. ;)

I think R62/As will be the first to get them. I think R44s and R46s will be next. R32 to R42s will probably not get them.

i think the T/A is going WAYYY to far with the ads, i mean once the the whole transit gets the ads (maybe) we cant see Just the train car, rather a damn pack of ads :D

ok guys Lastest update, I just spotted an R62 let me repeat R62... NOT R62A lol with ads on the (3) at >Franklin< to 148th Lenox

Car Numbers:1471 and 1472

I also saw like 1 car with a strip of the ads on a R62A (3) over at>Franklin< to New lots

ok guys Lastest update, I just spotted an R62 let me repeat R62... NOT R62A lol with ads on the (3) at >Franklin< to 148th Lenox

To ad to your update (pun intended), Tuesday I also rode an R-62 (4), repeat R-62 assigned to the (4) Lexington Ave Exp not a 3, from Grand Central to Borough Hall with the stripe ad wraps. All cars in the consist had them.

To ad to your update (pun intended), Tuesday I also rode an R-62 (4), repeat R-62 assigned to the (4) Lexington Ave Exp not a 3, from Grand Central to Borough Hall with the stripe ad wraps. All cars in the consist had them.

How man cars had the strips, if its two then it must of been the car I saw with the numbers i called =S

How man cars had the strips, if its two then it must of been the car I saw with the numbers i called =S

I said in my post ALL cars in the consist had ad strips. I don't remember exactly what the car-numbers were (I'm not good with them), but they were definitely one of the sets belonging to to (4) complete with the interior strip-maps. So I would think it was a different set then the (3) you saw.

Archived