NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

On 1/16/2024 at 1:54 AM, LeonKennedy said:

20 days at zerega (1 of those days is a half day at zerega, and the other half at the union hall on state street in downtown brooklyn.  Youre no longer twu100, youre now part of the SSSA).  2 days at the coney island railyard for dupont training, then 10 days of road training

whats dupont training?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea the dupont training is just a waste of time in my opinion, i infact thought all of the training at zerega was a waste.  Should be 2 weeks at zerega and 4 weeks of road training…. But, thats just my opinion 🤷‍♂️… road training is where you will learn, and once youre on your own (if youre outside), then you will really learn, if you get forced inside or to bcc you will have even more training ahead of you

8 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

3/17 will not be the next class.  Classes start on the first day of a new payroll cycle.  It will either be 3/10, or 3/24… if i had to bet, i’d say 3/24

Last class was 1-14 and that was not a new payroll cycle so I think they go by that and it already got confirmed class will be 3/17 and this person never wrong 

40 minutes ago, dterr said:

Last class was 1-14 and that was not a new payroll cycle so I think they go by that and it already got confirmed class will be 3/17 and this person never wrong 

Hey Brother remember one thing to get ahead in this company just “YES them to death”. It’ll make your life much EASIER. Even if they’re wrong 😑🏾❤️

7 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

Hey Brother remember one thing to get ahead in this company just “YES them to death”. It’ll make your life much EASIER. Even if they’re wrong 😑🏾❤️

Lmao I’ll keep that advice 

Just sharing latest information….

“There will be 10  TA in this next class and probably more than 5 OA due to retirement and promotions. Probably call names to medical the week of 3/11”

“TA list will be exhausted with this class and probably some callbacks”

well i cant put an image in here which kinda sucks… but i recevied a paycheck on thursday 1/18/24, which means a new payroll week started on -drum roll- … the 14th.  Thus concluding my ted talk that classes begin at the start of a payroll week and not in between. 

Good luck to all. If the numbers mentioned above are right, mean all remaining will be called plus some of those skip. My advice, set your mind to what’s coming. There is three things that will make you surrender once promoted: Money, schedule and paperwork.

Money: Stop all over time. Remember you will be on 40 hrs for a little bit at about an extra 2 dollars more than B/O top pay. Adjust now and this will not hurt you, plus it just gets better.

Schedule: You go to the bottom of the barrel, but is not as bad as it should because they are short in staff. Meaning, it will take a lot less time to get those schedules than the folks that started way before us.

Paperwork: Is easy with repetition. Plus there is some amazing instructors in Zerega at this moment. They will make each one of the guys coming be super confident. Plus, we here to help. Once you make it we will all meet and help one another.

MOST IMPORTANT: Never forget where you come from. The government is as strong as its arm forces. They are trained to work in synchronization. COME IN TO BE PART OF THE SYNCHRONIZATION, not to be the weak link. If you make it, it’s because you once was a Bus Operator, remember that.

Again, good luck. 184 out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...