NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Not on an outstanding certification anymore but on the list, makes me think they are expiring the list. Dcas says just because they are not promoting now, but was always on an outstanding cert.  Plus, the phone number doesn’t even let you check the exam status.

Don’t believe the rumors. None of u received your test scores yet so how r they going to call from The new exam. U get ur scores and ur list number than a few months later the list is posted. There will be at least 20 guys retiring at the end of the year a few others are on leave already since last month so they will be needing new dispatchers soon just relax. I know it’s easier said than done 

12 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

Don’t believe the rumors. None of u received your test scores yet so how r they going to call from The new exam. U get ur scores and ur list number than a few months later the list is posted. There will be at least 20 guys retiring at the end of the year a few others are on leave already since last month so they will be needing new dispatchers soon just relax. I know it’s easier said than done 

Been hearing this for months to , people needs to just let it be ,  there only 25 people left on that list and the new one hasn’t even came out yet lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon guys. The class that was in has hit the streets. As per previous count downs, December should be the next class. I also hear of many dispatchers that such and such is leaving and what not. Keep those prayers going.

P.S. for the person that asked me the list number. Let’s say is in between the next ten. I am here with you. But you never know who is watching and why. Stay positive, we are all going in. Just don’t change and remember where you came from. Do your job without harming others. You never know what the next person is going through, or what or how that slip can ease that pain.  

3 hours ago, Gangsty said:

Good afternoon guys. The class that was in has hit the streets. As per previous count downs, December should be the next class. I also hear of many dispatchers that such and such is leaving and what not. Keep those prayers going.

P.S. for the person that asked me the list number. Let’s say is in between the next ten. I am here with you. But you never know who is watching and why. Stay positive, we are all going in. Just don’t change and remember where you came from. Do your job without harming others. You never know what the next person is going through, or what or how that slip can ease that pain.  

Thanks for the information, 🙏🏻

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 12:12 PM, Gangsty said:

Bro you said that last part perfectly. Not sure if I know you or not. but you def have the correct mindset to be an sld and above. 

majority of these sld let that badge go to their head and forget that it's just a job and they no actual police or law enforcement. 

we all have families to take care of. mistakes happen and no need to go out of the way to harm b.o. I know very few sld that look the other way on minor issues. most will look to hang a b.o. which is insane considering most of these ppl were screw ups and game players themselves. 

At the end of the day, I say remember you were once a b.o. too. do your job but don't go above and beyond to screw a b.o. there are many levels of supervising a person and not just disciplining. you can correct issues by speaking to them and warning. ijs great supv inspire others not tear them down. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like DCAS updated the certification for exam 8702 on 12/7/23.   There are 28 eligible on the updated list.   Says list no. 69, 163, 175, 184-196, 198- 209.  

My guess would be that there will be a class soon.  

https://data.ny.gov/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri

Edited by brotherU
Added link