NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gangsty said:

I am on vacation. I wonder if they will skip me for that

I was on vacation for the last class and I spoke to the GSS and I let them know I had no plans  and if anything comes up I am willing come back to work if needed.  They will end your vacation and place you back inservice so you can go to Livingston. Leave them your phone number and hope for the best 👍

On 7/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, -Galan- said:

This is the basis. They're approximately 5 TA lists open for bus operators where at one point 2 were extended. It looks like they have certain "rules" for promotional lists though from what I'm gathering. In essence after a year they can yes close a list. I'm reality they can do whatever they want by extending or "prolonging" it's a waiting game 

Does that mean a new list needs to be established for more than a year before closing out the old test? Does that work for OA RULES?

5 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

I think 3 accidents in a yr is a 1 day suspension (according to my GS) and the GSS said that suspension would disqualify you for 3 years 

So the 3 accident in 1 yr does that include some 1 falling on the bus or something?

Do you have to tell HR,  GSS or anyone else that you want to be considered for the promo? What are the steps? Dcas says you’re on an outstanding certification but does that automatically notifies NYCTA to grab your file for promo review??

49 minutes ago, TEO said:

Do you have to tell HR,  GSS or anyone else that you want to be considered for the promo? What are the steps? Dcas says you’re on an outstanding certification but does that automatically notifies NYCTA to grab your file for promo review??

No you don’t have to tell no one .when they pull your name they look through your file make sure your file is up to par with the qualifications 

1 minute ago, astogezz said:

No you don’t have to tell no one .when they pull your name they look through your file make sure your file is up to par with the qualifications 

Ok thxs, it seems like no one at my depot knows and I have to push everyone’s buttons that I want in ! 

5 hours ago, Moskione79er said:

Just let it be. Stop spreading false updates on here and getting peoples hopes wrapped up in a bunch. No one in your depot knows what’s happening with this list. Believe you me cause no one in my depot knows what’s going on. So again just let it be and leave it in GOD’s hands. 

I don’t know about that . So going on the last track record there has never been a false class put up in this forum every time they say there’s a class coming it actually comes 

12 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

I never disagreed with the posting of the actual class dates from b4. What I was trying to say is that almost everyone on here is starting their sentences with “ I heard” this and “I heard” that. Not cool for the folks that are still waiting to get promoted and really just letting it be. We all know the system is and are capable of doing what they please and when they please. So no matter what y’all thought y’all heard it’s not gonna be accurate whatsoever til you actually get up out of the seat and get in with management. Til then keep doing you’re JOB and leave it up to GOD like I said before. 

14 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

2 hours ago, isaelperez81 said:

I can confirm. Next class coming up soon. 

These are being called into for processing. 

6 OA 

Last called in 245

4 TA

Last called in 183

Congratulations 

Is it 181, 182, 183, and what’s the other number called ?

1 hour ago, Gangsty said:

I need an advice quick. So I went to the GSS. She is training a new one and the new one didn’t send my evaluation on time, as per her response, what I do now. I have until the end of the week to get this fixed. 

If I was you I would talk to the union asap , if I may ask what’s your list number ?

So.  From the NEW oa exam. The one that everyone received a list number for over the past 2 weeks.  An operator I know who was #3 on that list, was already passed over.  So they are definitely calling from the new list already.  Again.. the NEW OA LIST.  I’m only putting this here because I know some OA operators check this thread as well.

Edited by LeonKennedy