NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Moskione79er said:

Any new news for the TA side of exam 8702? I don’t understand why they’re taking so few of TA Ops when there’s only like 28/29 people left. Does anyone know if they will get thru 8702 list b4 end of this year? If I’m not mistaken this exam list will expire in October of ‘24. Right?

I don’t get it either, if supposedly they need dispatcher , I don’t know why they calling only a few , and who knows if they will do another class this year after this one , last year the last class was in October 

2 hours ago, dterr said:

I don’t get it either, if supposedly they need dispatcher , I don’t know why they calling only a few , and who knows if they will do another class this year after this one , last year the last class was in October 

I guess the only thing we can do is keep waiting and hope they get thru this entire list of 8702 b4 they put out the new list. This 8702 exam has been nothing but a headache and to think it’s only 209 people that qualified but yet it’s been almost 5 years and still going thru it is insane. I truly believe that they will get thru this entire list but it just Might Take Awhile. 😝 

25 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

I guess the only thing we can do is keep waiting and hope they get thru this entire list of 8702 b4 they put out the new list. This 8702 exam has been nothing but a headache and to think it’s only 209 people that qualified but yet it’s been almost 5 years and still going thru it is insane. I truly believe that they will get thru this entire list but it just Might Take Awhile. 😝 

Yeah I hope everyone gets called , it’s all a waiting game lol

There isnt much need for bodies on the TA side just yet.  Staten Island isnt taking any transfers, and Queens took its last transfer almost 2 months ago.  All inside (depot) work is still covered.  BCC work is covered.  Outside work still only has 2 open tricks.  So by those numbers, And seeing how few TA operators just got promoted… that answers why the class is so small.  I only know of 1 dispatcher who is retiring, and one who is getting terminated for being out on comp more than 2 years. So, 2 outside open tricks, 1 inside, and 1 pending seperation.. 4 TA in this class seems about right

Edited by LeonKennedy

On 9/9/2023 at 5:23 AM, LeonKennedy said:

There isnt much need for bodies on the TA side just yet.  Staten Island isnt taking any transfers, and Queens took its last transfer almost 2 months ago.  All inside (depot) work is still covered.  BCC work is covered.  Outside work still only has 2 open tricks.  So by those numbers, And seeing how few TA operators just got promoted… that answers why the class is so small.  I only know of 1 dispatcher who is retiring, and one who is getting terminated for being out on comp more than 2 years. So, 2 outside open tricks, 1 inside, and 1 pending seperation.. 4 TA in this class seems about right

Is Queens similar to being a B/o , where once you're out there you can't pick back into brooklyn? 

On 9/7/2023 at 3:30 AM, LeonKennedy said:

So.  From the NEW oa exam. The one that everyone received a list number for over the past 2 weeks.  An operator I know who was #3 on that list, was already passed over.  So they are definitely calling from the new list already.  Again.. the NEW OA LIST.  I’m only putting this here because I know some OA operators check this thread as well.

Do you know why that person was skipped? And if you are skipped can they come back to you?

No 1 knows what will happen once the new TA list is established every 1 on the old list hoping that they call out those 20 ppl i dont know if its a civil service law that say say they have to call out that old list or close it & start call frm the new list. On the OA side they called 6 from the old list the last list # was 245 so i dont know if they will stop call from that old list bec its over 5yrs old & 13 from the new OA list