NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TEO said:

I hope you are right!! My solid source, again, confirmed that the list will close and it won’t pass #180, will call 5 that were skipped in Oct 2023.

Yeah that’s what I heard it’s like 50/50 they might not end it and and might end it by December from what I was told 

Makes no sense, one the bosses here said it doesn’t work like that  , that they can’t just close the list , but every day something different, only choice we have now is to wait and see lol because they haven’t even established a new list yet for the last exam 

On 7/26/2023 at 4:35 AM, dterr said:

Yeah I heard the same thing , they said they just can’t close the exam like that 

Personnel Rules and Regulations of the City of New York

Rule IV - Examination Procedures, Veterans Preference, Eligible Lists And Certification

4.6.6. Duration of Eligible Lists.

(a) The duration of either an open competitive or promotion eligible list shall be not less than one nor more than four years from the date of establishment.

(b) Unless otherwise provided, an eligible list which has been in existence for one year or more shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate subsequent like list for the same title.

15 hours ago, TEO said:

Personnel Rules and Regulations of the City of New York

Rule IV - Examination Procedures, Veterans Preference, Eligible Lists And Certification

4.6.6. Duration of Eligible Lists.

(a) The duration of either an open competitive or promotion eligible list shall be not less than one nor more than four years from the date of establishment.

(b) Unless otherwise provided, an eligible list which has been in existence for one year or more shall terminate upon the establishment of an appropriate subsequent like list for the same title.

This is the basis. They're approximately 5 TA lists open for bus operators where at one point 2 were extended. It looks like they have certain "rules" for promotional lists though from what I'm gathering. In essence after a year they can yes close a list. I'm reality they can do whatever they want by extending or "prolonging" it's a waiting game 

On 7/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, -Galan- said:

This is the basis. They're approximately 5 TA lists open for bus operators where at one point 2 were extended. It looks like they have certain "rules" for promotional lists though from what I'm gathering. In essence after a year they can yes close a list. I'm reality they can do whatever they want by extending or "prolonging" it's a waiting game 

Many of you are afraid of this list 8702 will be closed. Please note, the list will not be closed until the next list is established.

I cant honestly see when another class will be started, no one is being transferred out to staten island or queens at the moment, all inside work is covered, and all outside work is covered.  Cant even get any overtime unless its a shuttle on the weekend.  So based on that, i dont think there will be a need for a class soon.  The retro check from the contract is supposed to be issued mid-sept.. so there might be some retiring after that and hopefully another class

• 4 weeks later...