(Almost) empty Bronx-bound 5 trains during AM rush?

U-BahnNYC

A few times now, around 9:20AM at Fulton Street, I've caught a (5) train Bronx-bound and it was almost entirely empty. Just a few people sitting in each car, quite unusual for Lex at that time, and definitely a welcome surprise. I'm wondering is this a special added-service train that starts its run at Bowling Green, kinda like they do at PM rush?

It also always seems to have Dianne Thompson saying "The next stop is" instead of Jessica, which I thought was pretty odd.

4 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

A few times now, around 9:20AM at Fulton Street, I've caught a (5) train Bronx-bound and it was almost entirely empty. Just a few people sitting in each car, quite unusual for Lex at that time, and definitely a welcome surprise. I'm wondering is this a special added-service train that starts its run at Bowling Green, kinda like they do at PM rush?

It also always seems to have Dianne Thompson saying "The next stop is" instead of Jessica, which I thought was pretty odd.

They've had those for a while and yes, I welcome them too. They start at Bowling Green. Sometimes I even wait for them when I'm commuting from the Wall Street area.

3 hours ago, U-BahnNYC said:

There are five late AM-rush southbound (5) trains that are scheduled to end at Bowling Green at 8:32, 9:00, 9:15, 9:30, and 10:04. Those trains then make northbound trips from Bowling Green at 8:39, 9:09, 9:26, 9:49, and 10:51, respectively, to return to the yard.

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

There are five late AM-rush southbound (5) trains that are scheduled to end at Bowling Green at 8:32, 9:00, 9:15, 9:30, and 10:04. Those trains then make northbound trips from Bowling Green at 8:39, 9:09, 9:26, 9:49, and 10:51, respectively, to return to the yard.

And having had to start dealing with the Lex Line daily instead of the Eastern Pkwy line (I miss Brooklyn), these BG to Bx (5) trains are heavenly.

2 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Ah, makes sense. But still, how does that explain the mixed up announcement voice-overs? Like, do those (5) trains go via the (2) at some point to necessitate Dianne voicing it?

13 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

Ah, makes sense. But still, how does that explain the mixed up announcement voice-overs? Like, do those (5) trains go via the (2) at some point to necessitate Dianne voicing it?

I guess it's a glitch.

36 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

I guess it's a glitch.

i've also encountered the same voice on the train but in the bronx but with the new voice saying all the once i reached 149th street. I also have video/audio clips i meant to be putting together of it

On 3/23/2018 at 6:17 PM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

10:04 to 10:51 why so long to go through the loop?

On 3/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, U-BahnNYC said:

It's a glitch occuring from the updated weekend (2) And (5) programs. It mainly happens in the Bronx at East 180th St, where Dianne will remain announcing the next stop is until the train is reset as another route. 

Archived