Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
MysteriousBtrain

MTA Bus Operations: On-board screens and announcements

Recommended Posts

4157 - Version 3 — I’m pretty sure most or all of JFK’s NG buses have on-board screens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Snorunts said:

8052 - Version 2

I wonder when they're gonna get to the 2011 XD40s and 2011 Orion VII diesels. 

Version 4 is out of the loop now? 

Kinda wish the XD40s and XD60s received Version 4 because they could've put the small screen behind the driver, and had one big screen in the middle (window in front of the rear door) facing the back. 

Version 2 is doing well on the C40LFs and LFS/LFSAs.

Version 3 should've never even been an option lmaoo. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a really annoying glitch on the version 3 Clever units that somehow no one has caught yet even though the M15 SBS has been all XD60 for like two weeks now.

If you put up the M15 SBS to Houston Street code, the announcements on the outside of the bus and the screens inside the bus say that it’s going to South Ferry. Just saw it on 6216.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

There’s a really annoying glitch on the version 3 Clever units that somehow no one has caught yet even though the M15 SBS has been all XD60 for like two weeks now.

If you put up the M15 SBS to Houston Street code, the announcements on the outside of the bus and the screens inside the bus say that it’s going to South Ferry. Just saw it on 6216.

Why can’t every bus just use Version 2? I’m not sure how that really works and who decides which screens go on which buses but Version 2 is the most easiest to understand (at least for myself).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Why can’t every bus just use Version 2? I’m not sure how that really works and who decides which screens go on which buses but Version 2 is the most easiest to understand (at least for myself).

 

It may be similar reason as to why they also have different destination signs on the buses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MysteriousBtrain @XcelsiorBoii4888 I’ve noticed how 7256 is on the list for Version 3....

This unit is NOT yet equipped with screens yet. I’m not sure who reported that bus (it could have been me, idk) but as of today this unit doesn’t have any on-board screens.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Snorunts said:

@MysteriousBtrain @XcelsiorBoii4888 I’ve noticed how 7256 is on the list for Version 3....

This unit is NOT yet equipped with screens yet. I’m not sure who reported that bus (it could have been me, idk) but as of today this unit doesn’t have any on-board screens.

Thanks for the update. @Jdog14 posted it April 8th replying to my comment , so he got the numbers mixed up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 1:02 AM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Thanks for the update. @Jdog14 posted it April 8th replying to my comment , so he got the numbers mixed up. 

 

Yeah I might have mixed it up with another bus (damn lol) 

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MTAbus677 said:

363 has screens. (Version 2)

Excellent catch! Every C40LF from West Farms and most from Jackie Gleason have on-board screens.

233-234, 236, 238-239, 241-242, 249, 256, 259-353, 355-357, 359, 362-366, 370-400, 403-404, 406-407, 409, 411-413, 415, 417, 422, 426-428, 430, 432-433, 437, 439, 441, 445, 456

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, Snorunts said:

Excellent catch! Every C40LF from West Farms and most from Jackie Gleason have on-board screens.

233-234, 236, 238-239, 241-242, 249, 256, 259-353, 355-357, 359, 362-366, 370-400, 403-404, 406-407, 409, 411-413, 415, 417, 422, 426-428, 430, 432-433, 437, 439, 441, 445, 456

 

456 does not have screens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

456 does not have screens 

You’re right! My mistake, I just checked a recent photo I had of it and no, it does not have screens installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snorunts said:

You’re right! My mistake, I just checked a recent photo I had of it and no, it does not have screens installed.

At least not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MTAbus677 said:

At least not yet.

Uh huh. I’m pretty sure they’re all going to have on-board screens installed just like the 2015-2016 Novabus LFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone  mention that #4520 from FP has the screens but it wasn't on when I was on it earlier while operating  on the my home route B20 either it dosent work or it just wasn't on but it did have the announcements  and transfers  which was pretty  cool ngl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Did anyone  mention that #4520 from FP has the screens but it wasn't on when I was on it earlier while operating  on the my home route B20 either it dosent work or it just wasn't on but it did have the announcements  and transfers  which was pretty  cool ngl.

That happens sometimes; One day the screen is working, then another day it’s all black.

Also, 368 has Version 2 screens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.