R32/R38 Bulletin

ducman998r

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Chinatown is a very crowded place during the day but night is sudden quietness

Yeah really I was walking down Canal St. around 10:30-11PM and it was empty, nobody was trying to sell me a bootleg DVD player. I felt a little...naked. :(

Guest Charles
My home station may seem small, but at times it could be an Asian stampede. East Broadway, that is.

lol

For me, there's never a stampede at 75th Avenue.

lol

For me, there's never a stampede at 75th Avenue.

The chances of finding a crowd there would be like finding a blue moon. But East Broadway gets really wild, especially since they all want to ride on the escalator.

Oh by the way, I was down the (A) from B'way-Nassau to B'way Jct. From the amount of time I spent there, I still see no major fleet composition change on the (C), I still see R38s. Well, I can't generalise much for the entire line, that's because I only saw 2 ©s!

I could imagine 71 Av and especailly Roosevelt Avenue just PACKED with people.

Thank goodness my home station is a small one.

On the Queens Blvd Line, I doubt that will be the case. Rush hour (E) & (F), particularly (E) trains are packed. If an R-160 comes in, I'm sure they'll take it and be glad to see some new and more quiet trains, but I don't think you're going to see anyone passing up R-42s. Also, Queens Blvd isn't Lafayette Ave or 14th St and you don't see (dare I say "yuppies") with heads held high needing to be in an environment with harmony between nature and modernity or w/e.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone passing up R-68s on the (N) or (Q) either. That seems to be an A Division thing with the R-62s. I have even heard from an IRT Motorman that there are some people who won't get on anything but an R-142. :(

On the Queens Blvd Line, I doubt that will be the case. Rush hour (E) & (F), particularly (E) trains are packed. If an R-160 comes in, I'm sure they'll take it and be glad to see some new and more quiet trains, but I don't think you're going to see anyone passing up R-42s. Also, Queens Blvd isn't Lafayette Ave or 14th St and you don't see (dare I say "yuppies") with heads held high needing to be in an environment with harmony between nature and modernity or w/e.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone passing up R-68s on the (N) or (Q) either. That seems to be an A Division thing with the R-62s. I have even heard from an IRT Motorman that there are some people who won't get on anything but an R-142. :D

Yeah, the case with the (4) train.

Once I heard: "EW... IT'S THE OLD TRAIN AGAIN" Come on, they are not that old... :(

Yeah, the case with the (4) train.

Once I heard: "EW... IT'S THE OLD TRAIN AGAIN" Come on, they are not that old... :D

Hehehe. Sounds like you were on the same platform with my friends and I last week. :cool: Also, I've seen a few people going to Penn Sta and Times Sq from my college near Borough Hall wait for the (2) and pass up (3) trains also for that reason. I'd tell them they're the same train unless you're going to the Bronx, but hey, more room for me. :(

Hehehe. Sounds like you were on the same platform with my friends and I last week. :cool: Also, I've seen a few people going to Penn Sta and Times Sq from my college near Borough Hall wait for the (2) and pass up (3) trains also for that reason. I'd tell them they're the same train unless you're going to the Bronx, but hey, more room for me. :(

Lol, I believe I got that from Bedford Park. I was a freshman back then. I think. LONG time ago. Yeah, I know people who pass up the (3) just to sit in in the NTTs. I'm fine with the little hippos. They give them up? We have more room to sit. One of use should do a case study on how many people ride the 2 and how many, the 3. The results could be scary.

Guest Charles
Like the LED Display on the roof. Well, it is fun to see it go (6) To Brooklyn Bridge > (6) Next Stop > (6) Grand Central > (6) 4:28PM...

But I just get a little bored on the new ones after a while for some weird reason!

There is no LED display on the roof.

• 2 months later...

Archived