Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Via Garibaldi 8

WATCH: Mayor Bill de Blasio announces NYPD crackdown on cars illegally parked in bus lanes

Recommended Posts

WATCH: Mayor Bill de Blasio announces NYPD crackdown on cars illegally parked in bus lanes

 

 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

 

Unavailable

This video can't be embedded.

 

I don't have a facebook either.....

Any cliffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most cars parked in bus lanes have NYPD placards on there dash. I think 3-4 years ago they added rush hour bus lanes on Jamaica ave between parsons blvd and Sutphin blvd and not one day have I ever seen that bus lane clear. All the traffic people do is ticket the one or two cars that are parked without a placard and leave the 30+ cars with NYPD placards alone. 

  • LMAO! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rafa said:

Most cars parked in bus lanes have NYPD placards on there dash. I think 3-4 years ago they added rush hour bus lanes on Jamaica ave between parsons blvd and Sutphin blvd and not one day have I ever seen that bus lane clear. All the traffic people do is ticket the one or two cars that are parked without a placard and leave the 30+ cars with NYPD placards alone. 

Supposedly they're going to crackdown on that. :lol: I'll believe it when I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They started to enforce certain areas and during rush hours, But it still weak as motorist are still using the bus stop as their parking spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

They started to enforce certain areas and during rush hours, But it still weak as motorist are still using the bus stop as their parking spot.

I'm meeting with the DOT and (MTA) next week and we're going to be discussing enforcement.  I've seen some improvement in some areas, but ideally we want some long-term fixes. Per my last meeting there are some plans on the table, including cameras to catch the individuals and ticket them accordingly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I'm meeting with the DOT and (MTA) next week and we're going to be discussing enforcement.  I've seen some improvement in some areas, but ideally we want some long-term fixes. Per my last meeting there are some plans on the table, including cameras to catch the individuals and ticket them accordingly.

That would be great because as a Bus operator, its really a pain to have bus stop being obstructed with parked vehicles, and sometimes its hard enough watching the elderly trying to climb up the bus. The other day on Flatbush Avenue  (B41) bus stop between Avenue H and Nostrand I had 2 Trucks making a delivery  obstructing the bus stop. I had a wheelchair passenger waiting for me with no space or safe access for the wheelchair passenger. It took me literally another 3-4 minutes position at that location just to make sure the wheelchair passenger boarded the bus safely since it was hard enough. The  city needs to really enforce aggressively until the public really understands that obstructing the bust stop is illegal and dangerous. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

That would be great because as a Bus operator, its really a pain to have bus stop being obstructed with parked vehicles, and sometimes its hard enough watching the elderly trying to climb up the bus. The other day on Flatbush Avenue  (B41) bus stop between Avenue H and Nostrand I had 2 Trucks making a delivery  obstructing the bus stop. I had a wheelchair passenger waiting for me with no space or safe access for the wheelchair passenger. It took me literally another 3-4 minutes position at that location just to make sure the wheelchair passenger boarded the bus safely since it was hard enough. The  city needs to really enforce aggressively until the public really understands that obstructing the bust stop is illegal and dangerous. 

It’s something that we as passengers are aware of as well. This is also a sort of “where is the DOT at with a number of measures” meeting. You see the first meeting I had was suppose to include the DOT, and of course they weren’t there. The truth is the plan was probably to have just one meeting with me, let me bitch and moan about some things, they fix a few things to appease me and then be done with it, and I knew that, but I’ve made such a stink and have grown the group so quickly they basically have to deal with me (too many disgruntled riders Citywide) and that was my plan all along because I’ve been contacting elected officials Citywide asking them to petition the Comptroller’s Office for an audit for their constituents, and basically putting the (MTA) on the spot about their shoddy service. When elected officials start demanding answers that’s when it becomes a problem. Not only that but I’ve continued to be in touch with the Comptroller’s Office for another audit of express bus service, so the spotlight is on the (MTA) now to produce. I told the MTA board exactly (more specifically Irick and Byford) what I would do if they didn’t start getting bus service turned around, and I meant every word of it. 

That said, we discussed a number of things that the DOT is either behind on or failed to implement. For example, the DOT conducted a study regarding a pilot program to eliminate trucks making deliveries in certain areas of Midtown during parts of the day, with the end goal being to mitigate congestion and spread said program around the City. Well where is that project at? They have a habit of starting things and then leaving them, and there is no follow through on these things. Transit Signal Priority, bus lanes... We are severely behind, and we have the DOT to blame. What the (MTA) is trying to do is design bus routes around the congestion, which we both know is unsustainable. The congestion is not going anywhere. It will only worsen until aggressive action is taken to address all of the double and triple parking on major corridors narrowing lanes, the for-hire vehicles blocking bus stops and on and on. We have a dire situation as our transit system is in crisis, and we have to start getting people back on the buses and trains again. The reality is many people are exasperated with it and have given up on buses and subways entirely and that is unsustainable. We simply don’t have the space to have all of these Ubers and Lyfts on the road.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

In Jamaica, on Archer Ave near 150th St the westbound bus lane has giant Trash container in the middle of it.

Maybe put that in random thoughts ? Not deblasio and bus lane enforcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Maybe put that in random thoughts ? Not deblasio and bus lane enforcement?

It's trash bins from the Family Court that's perpetually blocking the bus lane, it's NYC's job to keep the lanes clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

It's trash bins from the Family Court that's perpetually blocking the bus lane, it's NYC's job to keep the lanes clear.

Yeah but no ones going to ticket or tow a trash bin lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, trife86 said:

Yeah but no ones going to ticket or tow a trash bin lol 

Wait, you gave me an idea. Trash bin disguises for cars. 

  • LMAO! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day the police file tickets against their "brothers" is the day de Blasio grows that leftist spine he claims to have. I'm not going to hold my breath.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.