Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2021 at 3:38 PM, sweetorange said:

Keep us posted if anything moves forward...

had no idea they would do canvass email for twice...

Most definately will do. 

Did anyone else receive another canvass letter notice? I'm just excited now to see how long it takes to be called. I havent done the medical or anything else. 

Probably around 2-3 weeks I assume? 

18 minutes ago, Cjj said:

Update*** i have gotten a letter of passing and everything but did anyone had to fill out an canvass of some sort? 

I had to fill it out 2 times and when i called they said they are hiring provisional people first

On 8/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, Cjj said:

I had to fill it out 2 times and when i called they said they are hiring provisional people first

That's good to know. Thanks for the update. I got my 2nd canvass letter on 8/17, and I submitted the same day. I think you will be getting your canvass letter soon too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 9:56 PM, Obry said:

The only thing i received is the canvassing email on august 17th but i was never called to do the spa test. Is this normal?

I am same as you, and I just finished the final process this week, I did everything included medical test, photo ID, fingerprint. and , Im doing to the orientation by next week. Then, I received an email asking me to take the SPA after two weeks. I had been hired, should I still go to take the SPA? weired.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:31 PM, don said:

I am same as you, and I just finished the final process this week, I did everything included medical test, photo ID, fingerprint. and , Im doing to the orientation by next week. Then, I received an email asking me to take the SPA after two weeks. I had been hired, should I still go to take the SPA? weired.

Do you know your first day of class?

On 9/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, Obry said:

Does anybody know whats on the spa test and if there is any way to study for it? I just got called to take it in 2 weeks.

SPA test is a safety assesment. When I did it years ago, they showed me pictures of certain situations and asked me what was unsafe in the pictures and what potential hazards are. Its easy, don't sweat it. I'm at my yard right now and there's a bunch of new helpers in the classroom downstairs...not sure where they're going but they are in the Power dept.

Just took the SPA test and i feel like i did terrible because i was nervous and kept freezing up during my responses. Some of the questions were vague and it confused me and one of the questions didnt even have anything to do with the actual picture. Does anyone know what happens if I fail the spa test? I already did a drug test for pre employment.

Edited by Obry

On 10/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Obry said:

Just took the SPA test and i feel like i did terrible because i was nervous and kept freezing up during my responses. Some of the questions were vague and it confused me and one of the questions didnt even have anything to do with the actual picture. Does anyone know what happens if I fail the spa test? I already did a drug test for pre employment.

Which exam # ? You took a drug test before the SPA ?

On 10/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Obry said:

Not sure if you could fail it. If you had a basic sense of the safety issues in the pictures then you should be good. When you get hired, trust me, safety is going to be beat into you. A ton of classes you will be put into. The initial track flagging class is 2 weeks long for example.

Hey everyone... I got a letter on July 21, 2021 where states:

You passed the above-reference test. Your name has been placed on the eligible list. This list has been established effective 6/16/2021 .

List Number :  2x

Final Adjusted Test Score: 97.50

Normalized Scores:

* Multiple Choice Test Score: 97.50

* Education & Experience Test Score: PASS

Been waiting since then, haven't received anything as of today October 1, 2021..

Anyone knows what goes next or what number they are up to ??

Thanks for your reply. 

10 hours ago, Walter said:

You passed the above-reference test. Your name has been placed on the eligible list. This list has been established effective 6/16/2021 .

List Number :  29

Normalized Scores:

Been waiting since then, haven't received anything as of today October 1, 2021..

Thanks for your reply. 

I think you should’ve been called then, because they called people that are in the 100s

2 hours ago, Mjm said:

I done my drug test on sep 8 and did spa test on sep 28. Now waiting for spa test result. If anyone didn’t get any call or canvas letter after you get your list number, try to contact mta.

Did you do your medical yet or no?

On 10/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, Walter said:

List Number :  29

Normalized Scores:

Thanks for your reply. 

That’s crazy my number is around there and i still got no call also