Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Gmoney said:

I got a speeding ticket in January and got called in tomorrow for final processing. My abstract is clean and the ticket it still pending. Would that still be a problem from getting the job if i tell them. What should i do

I would definitely tell them, i’m pretty sure it’s a crime if you don’t lol. There’s a bunch of paperwork to fill out before you go for final processing so I would just include that ticket on there where it asks. They’d rather have honesty than anything!

Hey guys have anyone else been called in for their medical appointment? I didnt hear anything back from them after submitting the canvas back in september and I follow up with Michelle every month since. 

It sounds like everyone here is already passed this stage moving on to be hired shortly but I'm still waiting on my medical drug test appointment. Just wondering if anyone here is in the same situation as I am. 

19 hours ago, J3737 said:

I never got it in the mail, I only saw it on the paperwork when I went a few weeks ago for the second drug test. My list # was in the 160s but I’m not sure if they’re even going in order lol

The list is going to be certified soon and letters should go out. They can't open the next TEHP exam without establishing the list from the prior exam. And you have to take care of all tickets before you can be processed. Guy in my yard dropped in seniority because he was fighting a ticket when he was supposed to be made permanent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 6:20 AM, Oicecream said:

Hey guys any updates with classes or list numbers? Has anyone spoke to Michelle as of recent 

Hey I got a call from Michelle Monday morning to go in to do a drug test tomorrow morning. I will keep everyone update 

Edited by Oicecream

Hello everyone,

Just yesterday I got an email for mta electrical helper canvass and I don't know if I should continue with this process. The reason for this is I am in my second year of college and I am a full time student. I don't know what do, so please help and thanks.

3 hours ago, Dantheman19 said:

Hello everyone,

Just yesterday I got an email for mta electrical helper canvass and I don't know if I should continue with this process. The reason for this is I am in my second year of college and I am a full time student. I don't know what do, so please help and thanks.

I personally wouldn't give up the opportunity of getting in. Its very hard to get your foot in the door but you can continue the process and once everything is done and they are going to hire you. You can tell them you’d like to defer and they'll put you on hold until you want to be considered. However you have a bit to go through in the hiring process still. I received my first canvass email in sep 2020 didn’t finish the hiring process until march 2021. You do what you think is best for you, but I wouldn't pass up transit EVER. Its not easy to get in. But continue your process decide when yr actually getting hired because canvassing is just the start.

• 2 weeks later...

i received my canvass letter on march 10 as well. i responde on march 17 the day before the deadline march 18. later that day on 17 they replied to me saying ' my preemployment application has been received & has been forwarded to the hiring analyze for review and they will let me know the outcome.. i filled out the preemployment forums already. so I'm waiting to see what's nexts I've been through it all the test in august then the QSP test back in feb of last year then now this ..

i receive my canvassing letter too on the 3/10 i replied on the 3/17 then later on that day i got a email saying that they received my pre-employment application & its been transfer to the hiring analyst . too I'm still waiting to hear something back from them ....idk what's next like i filled out all the information that they needed on those forums carefully 

Edited by AWILLA23

13 hours ago, AWILLA23 said:

i receive my canvassing letter too on the 3/10 i replied on the 3/17 then later on that day i got a email saying that they received my pre-employment application & its been transfer to the hiring analyst . too I'm still waiting to hear something back from them ....idk what's next like i filled out all the information that they needed on those forums carefully 

I did not get any acknowledgment of my preemployment application received.

I wonder if it’s normal? Did anyone experience the same?