SIRT R44s at CI

Queens Surface

SMS i believe.

SMS on R46 only i belivie:rolleyes::confused:

___

is it possible that they can change the Old (NYCT) Logo with the modern (MTA) ??

They actually look decent.. Now they should install a real rollsign up front as opposed to Staten Island's Destinations.:(

what would that be- (SIR) like the MTA offerss in the brochures ;) ?

SMS on R46 only i belivie:rolleyes::confused:

___

is it possible that they can change the Old (NYCT) Logo with the modern (MTA) ??

what would that be- (SIR) like the MTA offerss in the brochures :( ?

Thats What I was thinking for a while too. (MTA) Staten Island Railway.

I have a question: If SIR is under federal railway regulations, why does it use the same cars as the city subway?

The R44s that the SIR uses have been ,odified to match FRA regulations. I think they're called MUE-2s now. An SI R44 can't run on the NYC Subway.

I have a question: If SIR is under federal railway regulations, why does it use the same cars as the city subway?

Well I "THINK" its cuz the SIRT hassimilar featre to NYCTA/MaBSTOA? Like $2 in fare and stuff

o btw its free south of St George (Although tompkinvillle wont be in future~ seeing people can work to the ferry a few min away, and avoid the paying of $2 at st geroge)

Looks like a R46 to me lol even though its a R44. The R44- SIRT Going threw maintence looks cleaner and newer then the R44 the ones from nyc the subway since thoes are not going threw maintence and more riders.

Thats becuz R46 and R44 is indenticl in certain features, breaks are different tho :(

BTW to a Staff, move the topic to Staten Island Railway forum, as eman requested, there is Nothing IND/BMT here

Archived