NYCT Fare Enforcement Agent Exam #0615

Mtahopeful121986

• +Young+ changed the title to NYCT Fare Enforcement Agent Exam #0615 Application Period Feb. 2020

As soon as I saw this, I thought it was going to be those folks on the Select Bus Service routes who check the receipts of those who paid on the fare. Those that are in the subway just watch to make sure everyone paid through the turnstile, however with OMNY coming out and the MetroCard eventually disappearing, I don't know how that's all going to work out.

• 1 month later...

Pay is decent and seems interesting but seems like it is a basically security position while Enforcing the pay since it does say it requires a security license . Anyone got any information about this position at all? Already read the Notice Of Examination and i cannot find any information about this position at all!

I also can’t find information at all about this position, looks like is a new position too. But you basically a security guard, so no gun, no vest, no authority? Sounds dangerous in my opinion. I thought they would give them Peace Officer status at least. With that pay they should just bring back the New York Transit Authority Police. But is too early to tell wether or not is worth it, we might have to get more info in this job from the MTA. 

On 12/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, +Young+ said:

As soon as I saw this, I thought it was going to be those folks on the Select Bus Service routes who check the receipts of those who paid on the fare. Those that are in the subway just watch to make sure everyone paid through the turnstile, however with OMNY coming out and the MetroCard eventually disappearing, I don't know how that's all going to work out.

Welcome to 2020 where tablet can change everything 😂😂😂😂

i also wonder what the station agent going to do now lol

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

50 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Welcome to 2020 where tablet can change everything 😂😂😂😂

i also wonder what the station agent going to do now lol

I mean with the new OMNY System aren’t people going to have to option of getting a new special type of card or something? It could have the same way of recharging like a normal metro card so those jobs might not be as affected, I don’t think everyone will start using their debit cards to swipe to go into the subway lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 7:17 PM, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I seen on the mta website it has a exam being held  in 2020 called fare enforcement agent. Curious to know is that gonna be a new title? Something similiar to station agent? Or is it a mta law enforcement position 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:44 AM, ThunderMountain said:

Pay is decent and seems interesting but seems like it is a basically security position while Enforcing the pay since it does say it requires a security license . Anyone got any information about this position at all? Already read the Notice Of Examination and i cannot find any information about this position at all!

On 12/30/2019 at 9:10 PM, +Young+ said:

As soon as I saw this, I thought it was going to be those folks on the Select Bus Service routes who check the receipts of those who paid on the fare. Those that are in the subway just watch to make sure everyone paid through the turnstile, however with OMNY coming out and the Metro Card eventually disappearing, I don't know how that's all going to work out.

To answer all questions, This isn't A new title. This job is the security agents you see checking receipts, and handing out summons to people who beat the fare on the select buses. It's just before it was a pseudo promotion for property protection agents who applied to work in the fare enforcement task force. So it was never open to the public to apply for. Now they have given the job a title, and opened it up to the public to take an exam for. And only police officers monitor for fare beating on subway stations. The MTA doesn't have anyone assigned for that task. The agents you see in the subway stations, are collecting agents, and they're there to collect revenue from vending machines and service booths, and also guard revenue maintainers when they have to service vending machines. And the reason you couldn't find any information on the title, is because it never existed in a official capacity as a title, this is the very first time this job has been offered to the public for an examination.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I just got word from New York City transit that the fair inforcement agent exam 0615 as been postponed. It was scheduled for may 16th or 17 2020. Another letter or phone call will come down the road when they resume testing. I forgot all about this and was wondering is there a study guide out there for  Fare enforcement agent? Please share thanks.

2 hours ago, Stephen becker said:

I forgot all about this and was wondering is there a study guide out there for  Fare enforcement agent? Please share thanks.

Have you looked at this and this NYPD Test Prep Kits?

If you compare these test prep kits with the Notice of Examination, specifically the bottom of the 5th and the top of the 6th page of the entire PDF document, you will find that the Test Prep Kits contain:

• Written Comprehension
  • Written Expression
  • Problem Sensitivity
  • Deductive Reasoning
  • Inductive Reasoning
  • Information Ordering
  • Spatial Orientation
  • Memorization

Normally, I would suggest going to the local library to obtain a specific book or two, however, because of the pandemic, none of them are currently open. Until this happens, hopefully these test prep kits will get you started in the right direction.

Good luck studying!!

Edited by +Young+

• +Young+ changed the title to NYCT Fare Enforcement Agent Exam #0615
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, Lawrence St said:

So it seems this exam has been canceled, I just received an email stating that #0615 was canceled this morning.

And, according to the MTA website, which you can see in the attached picture, it is official that this examination has, indeed, been cancelled.

0615 Cancelled.jpg

• +Young+ unpinned and locked this topic