Brooklyn Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Cait Sith

19 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Reread my previous posts. 

I read your previous posts and still disagree for the reason I stated. A B46 passenger is thinking he has to wait for the Brooklyn hearing to speak out against discontinuation along Broadway, so they cannot discontinue it before the Brooklyn hearing which is what you state they intend to do. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

...and I doubt they would want to run all three routes on Broadway. 

This is the real reason I don't see that B53 ending up being implemented before whatever they ultimately got cooked up/finalized for Brooklyn's network...

18 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

...or the final plan is updated.

...which I fully expect to happen.

18 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Separate note, people forget how the M100 was changed despite not being a Bronx route. It'll be the same concept for the above routes.

Yeah, but this nuance can't be ignored - The M100 change removed a layer of service along most of 125th.... A B53 implementation with the Queens redesign OTOH would be the exact opposite of that - an addition of another layer of service (along Broadway)....

Edited by B35 via Church

On 3/17/2024 at 9:17 PM, B35 via Church said:

How are you coming to that conclusion?

Considering the B57 and 62 changes were introduced with the Queens redesign. It's similar to the M100 and 125 changes with the Bronx redesign 

• 5 weeks later...

I was thinking about something. If they're going to truncate the (B103LTD) to Flatbush Junction, would it be beneficial to extend the route to Brooklyn College? It would continue on Avenue H down Jerry Jacobs Way and Campus Road and terminate at the eastbound Bedford Av/Campus Rd stop on the B6/B11 and follow the B11 to get back to Flatbush Junction. Not necessarily saying Flatbush Junction is a stub, but it was just something on my mind.