Queens Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

19 minutes ago, DT323 said:

Those XD40s are likely not going to CP since it's local fleet is currently all CNG. For now, it's speculated they're going to LGA, EC, and JFK.

Way to kill my spirits… 😒😒😒

You know what, now F the MTA…..

The CP Depot been running those CNG CLF40s since 2011! That’s 12 years! Sure there were some loaners here and there but bro! Why can’t they send some new buses our directions?! Like come on!

Put it this way, we’ll be the ONLY depot without blue local buses 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Edited by Fire Mountain

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

The CP Depot been running those CNG CLF40s since 2011! That’s 12 years! Sure there were some loaners here and there but bro! Why can’t they send some new buses our directions?! Like come on!

I don't see how this is a problem. It's not like they are running decrepit buses. Those C40LFs are in pretty good shape for their age.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I don't see how this is a problem. It's not like they are running decrepit buses. Those C40LFs are in pretty good shape for their age.

Never said they wasn’t. But when you run the same buses for over a decade, it tends to get old and boring. All the other depots getting new buses, why not us? They can’t make no new cng buses or something at least? These buses now are soon to retire within the next 3-6 years

Edited by Fire Mountain

3 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

Never said they wasn’t. But when you run the same buses for over a decade, it tends to get old and boring. All the other depots getting new buses, why not us? They can’t make no new cng buses or something at least? These buses now are soon to retire within the next 3-6 years

Because there's literally no need for new CNG buses. The CNG tanks are for 15-20 years. It doesn't matter if it's boring or not, they're in good shape and will last long.

18 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Because there's literally no need for new CNG buses. The CNG tanks are for 15-20 years. It doesn't matter if it's boring or not, they're in good shape and will last long.

Fine. I just hate the fact there’s is ZERO variety with these local buses in this depot, if they can give these buses at least a remodel or makeover (like they did with the old orions back then), that’ll be cool.

Edited by Fire Mountain

9 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

Fine. I just hate the fact there’s is ZERO variety with these local buses in this depot, if they can give these buses at least a remodel or makeover (like they did with the old orions back then), that’ll be cool.

Variety doesn't help with maintenance.

10 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

There's should be an RFP for almost 383 CNGs by 2025-26. Y'all can wait... That blue strip was never gonna last forever anyways.

4 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

The buses are in great shape so what cares. This might be a great example of ungratefulness on your side.

Another example of ungratefulness, need I say more?

23 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

There's should be an RFP for almost 383 CNGs by 2025-26. Y'all can wait... That blue strip was never gonna last forever anyways.

The buses are in great shape so what cares. This might be a great example of ungratefulness on your side.

Another example of ungratefulness, need I say more?

How is it ungratefulness? Just stop, cause here’s my reasoning. I’m just tired of the SAME buses for over a damn decade. Like the XD40s are in great condition too yet Casey Stengel got newer buses. Jamaica and QV always getting new buses. NYCT stay upgrading. I got excited once I heard MTA Bus was finally getting an upgrade cause we needed one here. So idk where you got ungrateful from cause I never once said get rid of them nor was I ungrateful. Just send a few new buses our way. THAT IS ALL. It ain’t about ungratefulness one bit. It’s about how there wasn’t a change for a while and there will continue to be no change. So don’t just assume I’m being ungrateful when I never once said I was

Edited by Fire Mountain

1 minute ago, Fire Mountain said:

How is it ungratefulness? Just stop, cause here’s my reasoning. I’m just tired of the SAME buses for over a damn decade. Like the XD40s are in great condition too yet Casey Stengel got newer buses. Jamaica and QV always getting new buses. NYCT stay upgrading. I got excited once I heard MTA Bus was finally getting an upgrade cause we needed one here. So idk where you got ungrateful from cause I never once said get rid of them. Just send a few new buses our way. THAT IS ALL. It ain’t about ungratefulness one bit. It’s about how there wasn’t a change for a while and there will continue to be no change 

I hope you know that NYCT and MTA bus are funded differently which is why it "takes so long" for new buses to arrive. Also it won't Kill you to wait a couple more yrs to see a new CNG bus in Queens those C40s perform better than a handful of newer buses today.

2 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

How is it ungratefulness? Just stop, cause here’s my reasoning. I’m just tired of the SAME buses for over a damn decade. Like the XD40s are in great condition too yet Casey Stengel got newer buses. Jamaica and QV always getting new buses. NYCT stay upgrading. I got excited once I heard MTA Bus was finally getting an upgrade cause we needed one here. So idk where you got ungrateful from cause I never once said get rid of them nor was I ungrateful. Just send a few new buses our way. THAT IS ALL. It ain’t about ungratefulness one bit. It’s about how there wasn’t a change for a while and there will continue to be no change. So don’t just assume I’m being ungrateful when I never once said I was

In Casey Stengel's and QV's case, they got new buses to replace the older Orion buses at their depot. The reason why LGA/ECH/FR/JFK are getting all the new MTA Bus XD40's is for the same reason as well. The C40LF's aren't as problematic as the Orions at the moment so there's no need to replace them for now.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I hope you know that NYCT and MTA bus are funded differently which is why it "takes so long" for new buses to arrive. Also it won't Kill you to wait a couple more yrs to see a new CNG bus in Queens those C40s perform better than a handful of newer buses today.

Oh, I know. But I was just tryna make a point there. People can’t say I’m being ungrateful when I was just hoping for a little change. I have 0 issues with the CNG. I was just hoping for an upgrade for a while now. And about performance, maybe, but question is… why? Didn’t they test these buses out before they sent them? The CNG like the only one with 0 issues ever. Nova on the other hand 😬

7 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

You don't have to say it, you're showing it point blank. A blind man can see it so obviously, I don't want to hear anything differently because YOU'RE STILL ACTING THAT WAY!

1 minute ago, DT323 said:

In Casey Stengel's and QV's case, they got new buses to replace the older Orion buses at their depot. The reason why LGA/ECH/FR/JFK are getting all the new MTA Bus XD40's is for the same reason as well. The C40LF's aren't as problematic as the Orions at the moment so there's no need to replace them for now.

I guess so 🤷🏾‍♂️. And like I just stated, they like the only buses with 0 issues

14 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

How many times?  Loans aside (a few buses here and there) CP is not getting anything new other than new orders of CNG's.  And the tanks on the buses you have don't expire till they are at least 15 years old!  There are other depots around with buses much older than yours.  Plus even though your buses are 12 years old, they still run like new.

8 hours ago, Fire Mountain said:

So then in 3-6 years your entire depot will have new buses.  "Good things happen to those who wait".   "Old and boring" (your words) are extreme fan/foamer words.  MTA/NYCT does not run their bus (and train) systems to make the extreme fans/foamers happy.   This is not entertainment!

Again, you will only get new CNG's.  PERIOD!  

For those tuning in, I got my hopes up, they told me CP wasn’t changing, was a lil disappointed til they told me why. So now we all good
Anyways, if they trúncate the 65 to flushing, could it go to the CS Depot instead? 🤔 

And what will CP get in return?  Are they supposed to let excess CNG buses sit around doing nothing?  

@Bill from Maspeth Bro, exclamation points are not necessary, like it’s not that big of a deal. Relax fam. Did I know about the CNG longevity? No. We all here to state our point of views. Not scream at one another. Now can we all just drop this? Damn. I’m tryna have a good day here not be criticized over an opinion

Edited by Fire Mountain

Ok guys, I have an idea. Hear me out, what if there was a Bayside-LGA route? I was thinking maybe the Q28 or Q61 could possibly(?) head to LaGuardia Airport instead of the 50? Running nonstop along the 50’s “planned routing” only stopping at the terminals. Let’s be real, the 50 is not gonna be implemented. You guys think a route like this could work? Or even a Whitestone-LGA route?

26 minutes ago, Fire Mountain said:

Ok guys, I have an idea. Hear me out, what if there was a Bayside-LGA route? I was thinking maybe the Q28 or Q61 could possibly(?) head to LaGuardia Airport instead of the 50? Running nonstop along the 50’s “planned routing” only stopping at the terminals. Let’s be real, the 50 is not gonna be implemented. You guys think a route like this could work? Or even a Whitestone-LGA route?

How I see things, I don’t think it matters what route you have coming from points east of Flushing to serve LGA, because there will still be a high turnover at Flushing. I don’t think a Whitestone or Bayside connection to LGA is needed. The longer a route is the more it is prone to delays anyways.

The MTA wants to give Bronx riders access to LGA they should consider connecting the Bx15 or Bx41 to LGA and call it a day. The Q50 should continue to terminate at Main Street and there should be some kind of shuttle route that runs between Flushing and LGA whether it’s a new route or one of the airport shuttle buses from the Port Authority. 
I like how the Q19 is taking over most of the current Q48’s routing in Corona via 108th street and Roosevelt Ave and I hope they don’t opt to keep the Q48 around because it is a waste of resources in my opinion. The Q48’s airport usage isn’t all too high as it is and the Q19 wouldn’t get slowed down too much by a Corona detour.