No service to Queens

Why the hell is NICE been ending their Queens routes by the city line for the last few nights? Don't they realize that buses are exempt from the curfew & are needed for essential workers,just like in the city? The N6 has been dumping people at Elmont Rd rather than at the city line(about a mile away) where at least they can transfer to MTA buses. The N20 for some reason runs into Queens,but only as far as 162 St? Why there?

20 hours ago, Hound said:

Why the hell is NICE been ending their Queens routes by the city line for the last few nights? Don't they realize that buses are exempt from the curfew & are needed for essential workers,just like in the city? The N6 has been dumping people at Elmont Rd rather than at the city line(about a mile away) where at least they can transfer to MTA buses. The N20 for some reason runs into Queens,but only as far as 162 St? Why there?

From what I have heard, the Riots in New York City were so bad that they had no choice but to end their Queens Routes just short of the border between Nassau and Queens. The n6 ended at Elmont Road, n4 ended at Hook Creek, n22 ended at Cherry Lane, n24 ended at Little Neck and Jericho, n31/32 ended at Rockaway Turnpike, and n33 ended at Albany Blvd. The n20 G ended it's service at 7pm. 

NYC CURFEW BEGINS AT 8:00 PM TONIGHT. ALL SERVICE TO FLUSSHING, JAMAICA AND FAR ROCKAWAY WILL BE SUSPENDED STARTING AT 7 PM TONIGHT.   ADDITIONALLY, LOCAL PROTESTS MAY DISRUPT SERVICE, PLEASE ANTICIPATE DETOURS AND MAJOR SERVICE DELAYS DURING EVENING TRAVEL. 

n4:  Starting 7:00 pm, the n4 will ONLY run between Freeport and Hook Creek Boulevard.  There will be no service WEST of Hook Creek.

n6:  Starting at 7:00 pm, the n6 will ONLY run between Hempstead Terminal and Elmont Road.  There will be no service WEST of Elmont Road.

n20G:  will be suspended after 7:00 pm and will not run until 5:00 am Wednesday morning.

n22 Starting at 7:00 pm, the n22 will ONLY run between Hillside Avenue/Cherry Lane and Hicksville.  There will be no service WEST of Cherry Lane.

n24 Starting at 7:00 pm, the n24 will ONLY run between Jericho Tpk/Little Neck Parkway and HIcksville.  There will be no service WEST of Little Neck Parkway.

n31/32:  Starting at 7:00 pm due to protests, the n31/32 will  ONLY run between Rockaway Turnpike and Hempstead Transitjourney27 Center.  There will be no service to Far Rockaway.

n33:  Starting at 7:00 pm due to protests, the n33 will ONLY run from Long Beach LIRR to Albany Blvd. .  There will be no service to Far Rockaway

Read between the lines....

NYC CURFEW BEGINS AT 8:00 PM TONIGHT. ALL SERVICE TO FLUSSHING, JAMAICA AND FAR ROCKAWAY WILL BE SUSPENDED STARTING AT 7 PM TONIGHT.  ADDITIONALLY, LOCAL PROTESTS MAY DISRUPT SERVICE, PLEASE ANTICIPATE DETOURS AND MAJOR SERVICE DELAYS DURING EVENING TRAVEL. 

....the notion that these truncations primarily have to do with the curfew is BS..... This is largely about avoiding any protests in the city <_<

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Read between the lines....

....the notion that these truncations primarily have to do with the curfew is BS..... This is largely about avoiding any protests in the city <_<

Last I checked, those are mainly in portions of Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx, all well out of range...

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Last I checked, those are mainly in portions of Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx, all well out of range...

Not that it would've affected service, but there was a protest sometime last week along Jamaica av, along the shopping strip there....

Even if there weren't, NICE would've scaled back service anyway.... Now I can understand the decision to want to do it, but let's not make it out to be that you guys (talking about NICE) were so afraid to have county buses cross the city lines after the curfew, in fear of having some fine be imposed upon you or something.... IDK about you, but I refuse to believe that shit...

The local protests (as in, within Nassau) "may disrupt service", but no way in f*** do we dare run the risk of subjecting our buses to any protesters in the city - Especially with the f*** shit that went on at & around Barclay's center, SoHo, and parts of Midtown Manhattan....

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Not that it would've affected service, but there was a protest sometime last week along Jamaica av, along the shopping strip there....

Even if there weren't, NICE would've scaled back service anyway.... Now I can understand the decision to want to do it, but let's not make it out to be that you guys (talking about NICE) were so afraid to have county buses cross the city lines after the curfew, in fear of having some fine be imposed upon you or something.... IDK about you, but I refuse to believe that shit...

The local protests (as in, within Nassau) "may disrupt service", but no way in f*** do we dare run the risk of subjecting our buses to any protesters in the city - Especially with the f*** shit that went on at & around Barclay's center, SoHo, and parts of Midtown Manhattan....

NICE knows who Yuki is personally and it's currently unknown how much of what he says online comes from Pine Power or Fredrick Wells. Pine Power is already hated by a lot of bus operators after he almost got ran over by the n20 H bus filming at the RoslynViaduct. The truth is that Laura Curran and Helena Williams both do not like Cuomo or DeBlasio, even more because the Mayor tried to tell the County Executive how to do her own job. A lot of bus operators are strict in enforcing that closed door service in Queens.

Those Merrick Residents already got chewed out for shaming the protests while smaller scale ones took place in Mineola near the Courthouse. The old CEO casually admitted that it's stressful to do private buses in Nassau and all their funding goes into health insurance and reducing the number of fatal accidents in Nassau. 

From what I have seen during the shutdown, Inner-Nassau Ridership is growing on some routes thanks to the social distancing guidelines. The curfew meant that NICE cannot get away with people on the n4, n6, n22/24 and n31/32 SRO from Queens over to Lynbrook, Mineola, Hempstead, and Roosevelt Field. 

Edited by NY1635

9 hours ago, NY1635 said:

NICE knows who Yuki is personally and it's currently unknown how much of what he says online comes from Pine Power or Fredrick Wells. Pine Power is already hated by a lot of bus operators after he almost got ran over by the n20 H bus filming at the RoslynViaduct. The truth is that Laura Curran and Helena Williams both do not like Cuomo or DeBlasio, even more because the Mayor tried to tell the County Executive how to do her own job. A lot of bus operators are strict in enforcing that closed door service in Queens.

Those Merrick Residents already got chewed out for shaming the protests while smaller scale ones took place in Mineola near the Courthouse. The old CEO casually admitted that it's stressful to do private buses in Nassau and all their funding goes into health insurance and reducing the number of fatal accidents in Nassau. 

From what I have seen during the shutdown, Inner-Nassau Ridership is growing on some routes thanks to the social distancing guidelines. The curfew meant that NICE cannot get away with people on the n4, n6, n22/24 and n31/32 SRO from Queens over to Lynbrook, Mineola, Hempstead, and Roosevelt Field. 

My problem isn't with Yuki here, it's with NICE.....

If you're implicating Yuki is fabricating shit and/or parroting fake news from other people, then take that up with him....

1 hour ago, N6 Limited said:
On 6/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Hound said:

The N6 has been dumping people at Elmont Rd rather than at the city line(about a mile away) where at least they can transfer to MTA buses.

Yeah, that seems short sighted.

Very shortsighted. Are they even providing some other means of getting to the city line or Jamaica - that wouldn't make sense either, but at least people can get to where they are going...

Apparently, there were protests from Black Lives Matter in the Freeport and Roosevelt area. They were marching along Merrick Road in Freeport, and another demonstration took place along Bablyon Turnpike into Merrick. It was peaceful right up until the protesters tried to march on the Meadowbrook at Southern State Parkway exit forcing police to act quickly. There were also similar demonstrations at Cedarhurst organized by the village itself which forced NICE's hand to pretty much end the n31/32 at Far Rockaway.

Surprisingly their numbers were in the few but undermined by Merrick Residents and an NCPD officer got fired. If the local paper is to be believed, the Black Live Matters in Long Island are made up of Young Adults from the Valley Stream, Elmont, Roosvelt, Freeport Area. This is baffling because there's already chapters of the NAACP located in Hempstead that perform similar functions. 

Long Island is already in Phase I and it's about to open at Phase II this Wednesday. The Rioting in NYC was made terrible by the city being shutdown. NICE just released their summer schedule and service has returned to normal. I was getting confused about how disorganized the MTA ran their service during the lockdown and it took the Interim President to pretty much restore any semblance of order with a few words.

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 6:13 AM, NY1635 said:

Apparently, there were protests from Black Lives Matter in the Freeport and Roosevelt area. They were marching along Merrick Road in Freeport, and another demonstration took place along Bablyon Turnpike into Merrick. It was peaceful right up until the protesters tried to march on the Meadowbrook at Southern State Parkway exit forcing police to act quickly. There were also similar demonstrations at Cedarhurst organized by the village itself which forced NICE's hand to pretty much end the n31/32 at Far Rockaway.

Surprisingly their numbers were in the few but undermined by Merrick Residents and an NCPD officer got fired. If the local paper is to be believed, the Black Live Matters in Long Island are made up of Young Adults from the Valley Stream, Elmont, Roosvelt, Freeport Area. This is baffling because there's already chapters of the NAACP located in Hempstead that perform similar functions. 

Long Island is already in Phase I and it's about to open at Phase II this Wednesday. The Rioting in NYC was made terrible by the city being shutdown. NICE just released their summer schedule and service has returned to normal. I was getting confused about how disorganized the MTA ran their service during the lockdown and it took the Interim President to pretty much restore any semblance of order with a few words.

I know this is old, but I think that NICE was smart about curtailing service to the city in a particularly dangerous situation. Remember, those stupid riots were burning police vehicles and buildings. NICE has hundreds of CNG buses, so why run the risk of having a CNG bus being set ablaze. It's bad enough the there are hundreds more CNG MTA buses in the inner city. Compressed Natural Gas have a relatively low flash point.