PATH PA-5 Testing

Fan Railer

They are wider, shorter in length, have different control systems and have overall different dimensions completely from subway cars, don't let the weird angles and such on that video trick your eyes. They are simply modern PATH cars and the front end of the cab car is similar-ish because most new metro/subway designs are using it. They have more in common with a railroad EMU car vs subway/metro. :P

That being said, yes at a quick glance they might look similar, but if you see them up close you will notice they are totally different. B)

- A

• 3 months later...
Are the front full width cab design like on the R 142'S AND 160'S

I guess they'll have to do away with passing through cars when train is stationary then unless the cabs are similar to LIRR's. Dunno how that's going to go over with frequent riders.

- A

That is so lame. I usually don't hold on to anything anymore when i'm riding a train for several reasons, i usually look to the next car to see if i need to grab hold real quick or position myself for a turn...... but not being able to see the platform coming up to get ready is going to SUCK.

- A

Yup its sad but I can see why they would want one. It is I guess from an FRA standpoint safer.

Plus you can put more structure there, making the whole car stronger. Basically you're allowing the end to have one solid corner vs the side and then a window.

- A

That is so lame. I usually don't hold on to anything anymore when i'm riding a train for several reasons, i usually look to the next car to see if i need to grab hold real quick or position myself for a turn...... but not being able to see the platform coming up to get ready is going to SUCK.

- A

There is still the PA4.

Archived