Yard for the (T)

mark1447

We all know the (Q) is based from CI, and maybe with the (T) it would be switched.. But what yard will serve the (T)? I doubt that the MTA would build an outside yard, which Manhattan isnt really fitted for a yard, in the Upper West side and down, unlike 207 which is more like industry zone

Or is the MTA gonna build a tunnel based Yard...? Like the IRT's (1) at 137th and Bway and the (C) at 174th?

Oh and please dont tell me CI, cuz thats way to far, similar to the (W):D =|

i gotta catch up on my yards...what are all the BMT/IND Yards again?

I dont wanna go off but here:

IND:

207th (A) (I believe)

174th Underground (C)

Pitken ( A) (C)

Rockaway Yard ( A) (S)

Jerome/Concourse Yard (D) (:D

Jamaica (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

BMT:

Coney Island ( :D (D)(F)(N) ( Q)

East New York [ENY] (L)(J)(M)(Z)

seeing that the forum has a limit on use of the damn similes(20 Limit+pics till resolves) heres the IRT :D

IRT for the heck of it:

239th (2)<5>

E180th/UNION PORT YARDS (2)(5)

148th (3)

Jerome/Concourse (4)

240th (1)

137th underground (1)

Livonia (2)(3)(4)| (5)* Most of the Time

Westchester (6)<6> PELHAM BAY LINE

Corona (7)<7> FLUSHING LINE

I've heard either CIYD or Jamaica. (the connection from Queens to the southern 2nd Av line would be used to access Jamaica, rather than for any service).

You'd on one hand think it would be CI because it would share a terminal with the Q (and perhaps even swap equipment), but then JYD is closer.

There is no yard to be built on the 2nd Ave line itself. Storage tracks, yes, but not a full fledged yard. There are no full fleged undergound yards. The closest to that would be Pitkin and Mosholu, which had buildings built on top (but are still open on the sides). They used to talk about needing to build more yard space, either next to CI or some unused space adjacent to JYD. The space looked at near CI was flattened, supposedly for some housing development, but now just has grass growing on it. With the little pipes sticking up out of the ground; I imagine they're doing some sort of testing to see if the ground is contaminated from its prior use as an energy plant.

What they really should do is go back to the Sunnyside idea, using all of that extra space. Not only could it serve 2nd Av; it could also provide midday layup space for many lines that serve midtown, and then continue reverse peak to where peak headway service is not needed.

I've heard either CIYD or Jamaica. (the connection from Queens to the southern 2nd Av line would be used to access Jamaica, rather than for any service).

You'd on one hand think it would be CI because it would share a terminal with the Q (and perhaps even swap equipment), but then JYD is closer.

There is no yard to be built on the 2nd Ave line itself. Storage tracks, yes, but not a full fledged yard. There are no full fleged undergound yards. The closest to that would be Pitkin and Mosholu, which had buildings built on top (but are still open on the sides). They used to talk about needing to build more yard space, either next to CI or some unused space adjacent to JYD. The space looked at near CI was flattened, supposedly for some housing development, but now just has grass growing on it. With the little pipes sticking up out of the ground; I imagine they're doing some sort of testing to see if the ground is contaminated from its prior use as an energy plant.

What they really should do is go back to the Sunnyside idea, using all of that extra space. Not only could it serve 2nd Av; it could also provide midday layup space for many lines that serve midtown, and then continue reverse peak to where peak headway service is not needed.

Agreed. The Sunnyside Idea should be taken off the shelf, and brought back into action.

Zachary

Based on the FEIS, there were mentions that the trains would be sent to Hanover Sq, then loaded onto a barge then moved to the 39th Street Yard for lay-ups.

Very inefficient.

Now IF, all four phases of the SAS is completed (like who knows when...), and the lines are extended into the Bronx and Queens, the trains could use existing yards or new yards next to existing yards.

Based on the FEIS, there were mentions that the trains would be sent to Hanover Sq, then loaded onto a barge then moved to the 39th Street Yard for lay-ups.

Very inefficient.

Now IF, all four phases of the SAS is completed (like who knows when...), and the lines are extended into the Bronx and Queens, the trains could use existing yards or new yards next to existing yards.

wat does FEIS mean?

Amtrak and NJT have plans for sunnyside. Tunnel yard is a good option and can be located at the terminus, simplifying things. Could be combined with use of coney island. :)

- A

Freight tunnel, TRX or similar, SAS, ESA, ARC, sunnyside expansion for NJT service increases & storing all those new locos, rail link from staten island to nj. It will all be done. By the way coney island still has plenty of space, just add 4 track tunnel 2 or 10 car train lengths & you can store 12 trains. You could even make that layout have 2 levels double to 24. :)

I would say use the space at sunnyside, but to me amtrak & njt have first priority there. They will need that space for all the new stuff njt is getting & going to be getting.

- A

Final Environmental Impact Study.

DEIS is the Draft Environmental Impact Study

so they are the ones whos handlling the capitial for project SAS

@diffusedmind- ill give ya full credit, cuz at elast u know sumin =]~

Archived