Riverdale Residents Complain about Idling Buses

Lawrence St

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

I guess I’m abundant to this smell, cause I never smell this diesel smell that they are talking about. Maybe they should look and see that there’s AN AUTO SHOP and a GULF next to the terminal? 

Just typical libtard b****ing. That area is full of them. 

"I'm begging and pleading"....ohh shut the heck up.

These the same people that leave their cars running when they do their errands. Just a bunch of entitled hypocrites that think the world revolve around them. Their way or no way. Kick rocks. 

2 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

These the same people that leave their cars running when they do their errands. Just a bunch of entitled hypocrites that think the world revolve around them. Their way or no way. Kick rocks. 

Damn straight.  I lived one neighborhood south for quite a while, the people up north there always struck me as a bunch of pearl-clutching busybodies.  Case in point; several years back when I was learning to drive, one of these a**holes called the cops on me and my driving instructor, even though we committed no traffic violations and were in an area where training/instruction was explicitly allowed.  That and one or two other experiences have left me with nothing but utter contempt for the attitude permeating that particular area around Riverdale Avenue north of 250th.

I've never noticed these modern buses to give off any type of smell nor is it hard to breathe around an idling bus. Then again that's Nova/MCI/Prevost land, my experiences are with XD40s and NGs at the Rockaway Parkway bus terminal. Maybe it varies from bus model to bus model? Shrugs.

10 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I've never noticed these modern buses to give off any type of smell nor is it hard to breathe around an idling bus. Then again that's Nova/MCI/Prevost land, my experiences are with XD40s and NGs at the Rockaway Parkway bus terminal. Maybe it varies from bus model to bus model? Shrugs.

If anything I feel like the MCIs might give off the most emissions. Even in Midtown when you pass a idling MCI you might be able to smell the fuel depending on the day. 

I think this is what's going to force the MCI's out of Yonkers, and who knows if they'll give Gun Hill's new hybrids to Kingsbridge too and swap out the diesels. The (MTA) is going to be like "see, we put cleaner emitting buses on the Bx7 and 10 and the BxM1/2/18" to make it look like they did something.

And then the express bus riders start complaining about the legroom on the Prevosts en masse. At that point they'll be like "nope, you all complained about the exhaust on the older buses, now deal with it"

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:54 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I fully agree 100% with you. These people are a cancer virus.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:43 AM, paulrivera said:

I think this is what's going to force the MCI's out of Yonkers, and who knows if they'll give Gun Hill's new hybrids to Kingsbridge too and swap out the diesels. The (MTA) is going to be like "see, we put cleaner emitting buses on the Bx7 and 10 and the BxM1/2/18" to make it look like they did something.

And then the express bus riders start complaining about the legroom on the Prevosts en masse. At that point they'll be like "nope, you all complained about the exhaust on the older buses, now deal with it"

They won't  stfu until the electric buses fully takeover by 2040. They have a long time to "suffer". The should be glad that all the street exhaust, 2 stroke engine powered RTS's and MCI Classics specifically in their case retired years ago!