Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
London Motorman

London Motorman

Hi my name is Kevin. I am an ex London Underground Train Operator. I am interested in learning more about the New York Subway System. I hope to visit New York, maybe next year. How long is the training course for an operator? Do you need to be a Conductor first? Thanks Kevin:)

Hi my name is Kevin. I am an ex London Underground Train Operator. I am interested in learning more about the New York Subway System. I hope to visit New York, maybe next year. How long is the training course for an operator? Do you need to be a Conductor first? Thanks Kevin:)

Welcome aboard...you don't need to be a conductor first in NYC, and training varies depending on which division you're assigned to but is typically 3-5 months. I'm one of the "hopefuls" here...

Are you seriously considering working for the MTA?

It would be great if you could be a motorman here too. Do you need US citizenship? It almost reminds me of that US/UK series "Keen Eddie" that was on Fox a few years back with an NYC sent to London in an police exchange program.

Maybe the MTA would be interested in starting such a program too? ;)

Welcome to the board!