Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

I applied for the transit cleaner position as well about a month ago or so. Still havent gotten anything in regards to that but I did do pre employment for conductor on the 12th of august, so just waiting at this point

What is your list number?

2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

I applied for the transit cleaner position as well about a month ago or so. Still havent gotten anything in regards to that but I did do pre employment for conductor on the 12th of august, so just waiting at this point

They have a deadline for the transit cleaner. I think you have to wait until everybody finishes filing first before finding out if you’ll be moved forward. It’s just my 2 cents. You can give BSC a call tomorrow. 

33 minutes ago, 2ride said:

They have a deadline for the transit cleaner. I think you have to wait until everybody finishes filing first before finding out if you’ll be moved forward. It’s just my 2 cents. You can give BSC a call tomorrow. 

whats the number for bsc if you dont mind?

1 hour ago, mattbackupaccount said:

no one got call for pre employment for transit cleaner yet ?

wow,

i go in this friday .

i have to  be an hour and half early..

10am

do you bring original or copies?

the application end at aug 31.

i guess they randomly select conductor who not called in 

they sent me email and left me an voicemail 

If transit deems your list number unreachable for the title you applied for ie. Conductor then you might get reached out for a offer for Transit Cleaner. Few people here and there once in a while get called for this title from exams such as C/R. It won't be until probably this fall until they start calling people in bulk for cleaner considering the title is always having shortages, they also probably need bodies for snow duty. When you go to 180 bring the original documents. Just to add in you are getting called off this title off of 6601, People who applied for "exam" number 3610 won't get called until after September. Try to get to 180 early as possible as a word of advice mad people will be there at 10am. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If transit deems your list number unreachable for the title you applied for ie. Conductor then you might get reached out for a offer for Transit Cleaner. Few people here and there once in a while get called for this title from exams such as C/R. It won't be until probably this fall until they start calling people in bulk for cleaner considering the title is always having shortages, they also probably need bodies for snow duty. When you go to 180 bring the original documents. Just to add in you are getting called off this title off of 6601, People who applied for "exam" number 3610 won't get called until after September. Try to get to 180 early as possible as a word of advice mad people will be there at 10am. 

13*** is my list number  for conductor ,very unreachable.

20 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

You should be good, takes 3-90 days to be reached out for medical but as of lately they have been reaching back to people faster. If you decide C/R isn't for you then you can hold out until you are sure that you are able to get reached out to for Cleaner so you have options. Saying this because you might be hired for CR before the list numbers for 3610 are even distributed. Whatever comes first and what you feel comfortable with.

4 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

13*** is my list number  for conductor ,very unreachable.

Yep considering the list has been open since early 2018 and within 4 years they are up to the 5000s by the time this exam closes they won't get to even 10,000. Fortunately for you taking the offer for cleaner is your best bet because November 1 the C/R promotional opens and you won't have to deal with the headache of open competitive test. You should definitely be off of probation by the time of appointment.  

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yep considering the list has been open since early 2018 and within 4 years they are up to the 5000s by the time this exam closes they won't get to even 10,000. Fortunately for you taking the offer for cleaner is your best bet because November 1 the C/R promotional opens and you won't have to deal with the headache of open competitive test. You should definitely be off of probation by the time of appointment.  

i did get into  bus operator but my father don’t believe in me

and he forced me not to do it.

it  is alright. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I've applied for Transit Cleaner just now. I am not on the active conductor exam's list. How does the selection process work for candidates like me? Also, when I applied, they didn't ask for my resume or job referrals. Why?

Just now, 2ride said:

I've applied for Transit Cleaner just now. I am not on the active conductor exam's list. How does the selection process work for candidates like me? Also, when I applied, they didn't ask for my resume or job referrals. Why?

The last week of September transit will email you a random number similar to what OA and MTA Bus does. Depending on your number they will call you in random number order fortunately this is more quicker than the standard civil service list such as certifying people and all that. As for resumes and all that unless you applied for a job that is classified as a JVN (job vacancy notice) transit doesn't need or care for that. When you get called your job history will have to be listed on the pre employment packet. For a title like this they don't care if you had 0 or 20 jobs as long you pass the drug test and medical you are hired.   

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The last week of September transit will email you a random number similar to what OA and MTA Bus does. Depending on your number they will call you in random number order fortunately this is more quicker than the standard civil service list such as certifying people and all that. As for resumes and all that unless you applied for a job that is classified as a JVN (job vacancy notice) transit doesn't need or care for that. When you get called your job history will have to be listed on the pre employment packet. For a title like this they don't care if you had 0 or 20 jobs as long you pass the drug test and medical you are hired.   

How do they give us numbers? What is it based on?

36 minutes ago, 2ride said:

How do they give us numbers? What is it based on?

It says random so who knows either everyone names are compiled into a list and the computer randomly assigns it a number or they have some weird formula. Just pray you got a low number but on the upside it is not like over 10K or 20K applied because many people are put off by the $19.03 starting pay.

2 hours ago, mattbackupaccount said:

sorry i didn’t see your reply for some reason,  the email is  employmentcenterstations@nyct.com

Thanks so I end up emailing another email and according to the email the reason why you were selected was due to they were canvassing people who took the conductor test but with higher list numbers in which your case for the Transit cleaner job and in my case since my list for the conductor is 77## they said I stand a good chance in getting called for conductor so that's why I wasn't selected but to also wait for the Transit cleaner job to close they can start the process. So it's all a waiting game now 

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It says random so who knows either everyone names are compiled into a list and the computer randomly assigns it a number or they have some weird formula. Just pray you got a low number but on the upside it is not like over 10K or 20K applied because many people are put off by the $19.03 starting pay.

Yea that's true not a lot of people would want to make 19.03 a hour and depends on what kind of position they are currently in they probably won't want to give up a big pay cut 

4 hours ago, mattbackupaccount said:

no one got call for pre employment for transit cleaner yet ?

wow,

i go in this friday .

i have to  be an hour and half early..

10am

do you bring original or copies?

the application end at aug 31.

i guess they randomly select conductor who not called in 

they sent me email and left me an voicemail 

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting our office. There are currently two(2) different methods in progress for hiring Cleaners.

The first is the non exam open application process which you have applied for. The application period ends on August 31, 2022, after which applications will be reviewed and candidates will start being called in.

The second method is canvassing candidates who have higher list numbers on the Conductor list which seems to be the case for your friend. You were not canvassed using the second method because your list number of 77## means you stand a good chance of be called for a Conductor position.

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose.  

Employment Operations

MTA NYCT Human Resources

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

You should be good, takes 3-90 days to be reached out for medical but as of lately they have been reaching back to people faster. If you decide C/R isn't for you then you can hold out until you are sure that you are able to get reached out to for Cleaner so you have options. Saying this because you might be hired for CR before the list numbers for 3610 are even distributed. Whatever comes first and what you feel comfortable with.

thanks man

18 hours ago, Biggie said:

Yea the pay is concerning, I’m currently in the process of doing my background check for metro north for their cleaning position and the pay is higher, however the opportunities and job advancement that can come from the transit cleaner position are appealing.