Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 2ride said:

There’s a station agent exam coming out later this year. Can you guys tell me how to study and prepare for it? What kind of score do I need to get in order to be guaranteed hire? 

There really is no study guide. Just be able to read/understand english and have common sense

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of hire but try to aim for at least a 95 or above, otherwise you wont really stand much of a chance

On 9/13/2022 at 12:54 PM, 123person said:

Passed my medical , sworn in and starting training in a few weeks for transit cleaner ! 

Congratulations did you apply for transit cleaner position in July/Aug  2022??? I applied in Aug/2022. I’m curious what was your list number and how long it took for them to call u for medical etc?

On 9/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, Comrade96 said:

There really is no study guide. Just be able to read/understand english and have common sense

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of hire but try to aim for at least a 95 or above, otherwise you wont really stand much of a chance

I would aim for 100, remember we got lucky to be hired off of the conductor list due to COVID and the list getting extended. I'm sure new exams will be a lot more harder to get in unless we get hit with another pandemic lol. 

I got my list number today. It’s in the early 13xxx. I didn’t have any hope. But after reading there’s over 45k applications, I believe I have a chance at getting hired.

I think so many people applied because the qualifications was so low. It gives everyone in the city hope and just working for MTA can change your life. So I’m not surprised. 

To all getting your list numbers, Im gonna give yall some uplifting advice

If your list number is somewhat high, (5000+) Remember even for cleaners not everyones gonna qualify, plus a lot of people will say it aint worth it and leave

Hope for the best, maybe have a backup plan just in case

Station agent exam is opening in nov