Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

1 minute ago, HardWorkin said:

Yea the pay is concerning, I’m currently in the process of doing my background check for metro north for their cleaning position and the pay is higher, however the opportunities and job advancement that can come from the transit cleaner position are appealing.

What is the current starting pay for conductor? 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Biggie said:

It says random so who knows either everyone names are compiled into a list and the computer randomly assigns it a number or they have some weird formula. Just pray you got a low number but on the upside it is not like over 10K or 20K applied because many people are put off by the $19.03 starting pay.

I was given a confirmation number yesterday as soon as I completed the application online. However, I didn’t print it or write it down. Is this going to be a problem? I did not get an email confirmation with my confirmation number afterwards either.

Edited by 2ride

30 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I was given a confirmation number yesterday as soon as I completed the application online. However, I didn’t print it or write it down. Is this going to be a problem? I did not get an email confirmation with my confirmation number afterwards either.

Only can be an issue if you don't receive a list number at the end of September. If you get the number by Sept.30 then you will be fine.

21 hours ago, Biggie said:

If transit deems your list number unreachable for the title you applied for ie. Conductor then you might get reached out for a offer for Transit Cleaner. Few people here and there once in a while get called for this title from exams such as C/R. It won't be until probably this fall until they start calling people in bulk for cleaner considering the title is always having shortages, they also probably need bodies for snow duty. When you go to 180 bring the original documents. Just to add in you are getting called off this title off of 6601, People who applied for "exam" number 3610 won't get called until after September. Try to get to 180 early as possible as a word of advice mad people will be there at 10am. 

Might be a stupid question, but I applied for traffic checker some time ago, my list number was in the 10,000's. Is there any chance they'll take me in as cleaner sooner if I ask? Also if you applied for MNRR cleaner position, is it possible to take any promotional exams within NYCT? or are they separate entities? 

38 minutes ago, HardWorkin said:

Yea the pay is concerning, I’m currently in the process of doing my background check for metro north for their cleaning position and the pay is higher, however the opportunities and job advancement that can come from the transit cleaner position are appealing.

It's really where you feel okay at but both has their pros and cons it's just NYCT is a bit more tougher considering all the filth you would have to deal with and the EDPs.

What transit never mentioned is that there is a pay increment when you hit your 36 month employed in the title. There are definitely many opportunities for advancement and now the union will assist CTAs with getting their CDLs if they elect to try pursuing another title that requires it or position like mobile wash.

2 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

Might be a stupid question, but I applied for traffic checker some time ago, my list number was in the 10,000's. Is there any chance they'll take me in as cleaner sooner if I ask? Also if you applied for MNRR cleaner position, is it possible to take any promotional exams within NYCT? or are they separate entities? 

Unfortunately the Traffic Checker title seems to have a dark road ahead and a list number in the 10,000s won't get you called. It's better to take your chances with Cleaner and hope for the best. As for MNRR it is a separate entity, NYCT promotional are only for NYCT employees who qualify for the exam.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, mattbackupaccount said:

good luck, i let you know what the other process , make sure you go early eat big , you will be there for six to eight hour waiting each  time you are there.

i hope it medical for me after my drug test..

Ok thanks 

On 8/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, mattbackupaccount said:

i look back in a very old thread of transit cleaner,

i see they call  back for medical after 1 to three week .

i am  partially deaf so i may be placed for  medical hold. hopefully  it is. not  going too  long. i really want to get into mta.

You'll get there any more news yet or you haven't haven't been called back? Also I'm still waiting to see whats going with conductor since they told me I stand a chance in getting called also transit cleaner job closes this week so hopefully in September I hear something 

On 8/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, mattbackupaccount said:

i look back in a very old thread of transit cleaner,

i see they call  back for medical after 1 to three week .

i am  partially deaf so i may be placed for  medical hold. hopefully  it is. not  going too  long. i really want to get into mta.

prepare your doctor visit in advance once you get the medical email, thats the advice I would give you

On 8/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, mattbackupaccount said:

good luck, i let you know what the other process , make sure you go early eat big , you will be there for six to eight hour waiting each  time you are there.

i hope it medical for me after my drug test..

How's the hiring process going so far

55 minutes ago, chainlink said:

Are you considered hired now? Do you have to take an exam after classes?

i got contingent  offer depends on medical and criminal background check 

first day of training is considered hired. mostly likely get paid for training,

i hope so! 

sorry for late reply ,

i was

in Hawaii/California 

Edited by mattbackupaccount