Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 123person said:

Ok , i see everyone talking about the cleaning class starting sept 12 . I got called for the class that starts a month later.

Are you on another test? because the actual list number for those who applied for transit cleaner didn't get sent out yet 

15 hours ago, 123person said:

13,XXX

Oh ok so that's why they canvassing people with higher list number to come in for transit cleaner. My list for conductor is 77## and I got call and email to come in next week for the OPA assessment. I'm not sure if they stoping at 7k to 8k max for the OPA assessment before the list expire 

5 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Oh ok so that's why they canvassing people with higher list number to come in for transit cleaner. My list for conductor is 77## and I got call and email to come in next week for the OPA assessment. I'm not sure if they stoping at 7k to 8k max for the OPA assessment before the list expire 

Ok thats good to hear congrats on that !!!

7 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

not enough for house  and car even with 31.  i just reapply for conductor, wondering is t/o exam going to open, i heard they dec this year.

Think of it as this once your in mta as a transit cleaner they are many opportunities that will open and a lot of promotion you could do. It's not the end of road 

11 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

not enough for house  and car even with 31.  i just reapply for conductor, wondering is t/o exam going to open, i heard they dec this year.

31 dollars after 6 years it's like 65k a year.  it's pretty good to me considering how much I am currently working I'll have to work a lot of overtime to see that kind of money. That's your base salary now if you do overtime you can def make more than that. Also I think depending on if your nights you get extra and with union contracts and so forth. And also promotion test you can take.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:58 AM, Mohamed said:

Also I applied for transit cleaner as well and it did say we all have to wait till the end of September to receive a random list number. Which I am hoping it's not a high number but will see and I am not sure how they would establish a list number if they will go by when you applied or your by social security number, not entirely sure but staying positive 

Thank you for the info. Please keep me posted on list number and if u got called for transit cleaner job

I’m hoping and praying every day the list number is not high. I desperately need this job. What are my chances of getting this job? Also what are the steps when you receive your list number what number is considered a low number? And also once you receive your list number, do you get called right away? Or do you have to wait years to get called. And when they call you is it an interview???? Please give me some more details. I’ll appreciate it. Also what would the training hours be and what shift would they start u with.Thank you 

Just now, Je4 said:

I’m hoping and praying every day the list number is not high. I desperately need this job. What are my chances of getting this job? Also what are the steps when you receive your list number what number is considered a low number? And also once you receive your list number, do you get called right away? Or do you have to wait years to get called. And when they call you is it an interview???? Please give me some more details. I’ll appreciate it. Also what would the training hours be and what shift would they start u with.Thank you 

Woah slow down there. Alright

your list number determines when you get called....

There is no interview, just ore employment and medical.

Training is probably 3-11 Mon-Fri, your shifts depend on hiring needs

14 hours ago, mattbackupaccount said:

Word on the street is there isnt going to be another T/O exam for a WHILE.  And that C/R exam at the end of this year is promotional, so if you get called for cleaner thats a one way ticket in. And who knows if there will be another one. Plus once you're in, as many others have said there's a lot of opportunity for advancement. 

22 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Woah slow down there. Alright

your list number determines when you get called....

There is no interview, just ore employment and medical.

Training is probably 3-11 Mon-Fri, your shifts depend on hiring needs

Thank you so much for all this information. I’ll be waiting for list number September 30. What was your list number for transit cleaner???