What Happens when you cross an R62 and a R142..

Dave160

Those NYC wanna-bes, I hate those movies. Toronto trains are so ugly to.

As for the Pelham, using the (7)<7> for exterior shot was wise. Since The Bronx el is being repainted, the Flushing Line's el is all blue. The R162 used in the movie would be a perfect substitute for the R142A (6). Even real New Yorkers who ride the (6) will be fooled.

Those NYC wanna-bes, I hate those movies. Toronto trains are so ugly to.

As for the Pelham, using the (7)<7> for exterior shot was wise. Since The Bronx el is being repainted, the Flushing Line's el is all blue. The R162 used in the movie would be a perfect substitute for the R142A (6). Even real New Yorkers who ride the (6) will be fooled.

They did use an R142A set though.

See here.

The "R162" was for a special scene where they separate the first car of the train from the rest of the train.

As for being fooled... I'd have to see the film. Being as I travel the (7)<7> almost every weekday I'd have to see how they would pass it off as the Pelham line.

They did use an R142A set though.

See here.

The "R162" was for a special scene where they separate the first car of the train from the rest of the train.

As for being fooled... I'd have to see the film. Being as I travel the (7)<7> almost every weekday I'd have to see how they would pass it off as the Pelham line.

Wow... that is just as messed up as setting it in Toronto. I mean WOODSIDE... come on. But anyways, it's for other Americans, many who would be convinced after the movie that Woodside is in the Bronx, on the Pelham Line served by the (6)<6>. :eek:

Wow... that is just as messed up as setting it in Toronto. I mean WOODSIDE... come on. But anyways, it's for other Americans, many who would be convinced after the movie that Woodside is in the Bronx, on the Pelham Line served by the (6)<6>. :eek:

I know. Why they didn't use the real Pelham line is beyond me. But seeing as both the Flushing and Pelham lines are three track lines it's not entirely bad. The only real differences I can see are the neighborhoods around the tracks and the station names, and possibly the length of the line.

I'm assuming the underground scenes were filmed on the real Lex line.

And yeah, other Americans won't give a second thought... New Yorkers will either cry foul, shake their heads, or be utterly confused unless they know about what they did. :D

All that said, this is one movie I'm looking forward to next year, to either sing its praises or rip it to pieces.

I know. Why they didn't use the real Pelham line is beyond me. But seeing as both the Flushing and Pelham lines are three track lines it's not entirely bad. The only real differences I can see are the neighborhoods around the tracks and the station names, and possibly the length of the line.

I'm assuming the underground scenes were filmed on the real Lex line.

And yeah, other Americans won't give a second thought... New Yorkers will either cry foul, shake their heads, or be utterly confused unless they know about what they did. :D

TALK ABOUT THE DEMOGRAPHICS! I mean, look at who rides the Pelham Line in the Bronx. And who rides the Flushing Line in Queens. I know the train is not for passenger service. But to us won't it be weird to see like 10 Asians standing on a "Bronx platform", as the train flys by?

Some New Yorkers won't even give a damn, they just go, OK IT'S JUST A MOVIE. The railbuffs would go nuts, probably. But yeah, most Americans would assume that is the really PELHAM line.

You know what would be weird? Like, they have the automated announcements. And the announcements go: "This is Parkchester" meanwhile it is Woodside. They could at least put on some false signage.

TALK ABOUT THE DEMOGRAPHICS! I mean, look at who rides the Pelham Line in the Bronx. And who rides the Flushing Line in Queens. I know the train is not for passenger service. But to us won't it be weird to see like 10 Asians standing on a "Bronx platform", as the train flys by?

Some New Yorkers won't even give a damn, they just go, OK IT'S JUST A MOVIE. The railbuffs would go nuts, probably. But yeah, most Americans would assume that is the really PELHAM line.

You know what would be weird? Like, they have the automated announcements. And the announcements go: "This is Parkchester" meanwhile it is Woodside. They could at least put on some false signage.

Yes, completely true.

This is why people believe what they see in a movie...

• 2 months later...

Archived