R160 Discussion Thread

Ale188

Hello! I realized that nobody made an R160 Thread, but an R179, R211, R262, and R260. I might also make a R188 thread, too. But you can put anything R160 related here! We all know the R160s have been in service for 15 years now, but I still wanted to make this either way. So enjoy talking on this topic!

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Hello! I realized that nobody made an R160 Thread, but an R179, R211, R262, and R260. I might also make a R188 thread, too. But you can put anything R160 related here! We all know the R160s have been in service for 15 years now, but I still wanted to make this either way. So enjoy talking on this topic!

There is a R188 thread already

2 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Transfers, switches. I mean, delivery isn't the only thing.

I mean we already got a thread for that too, it’s called “nyc subway cars listing” Calvin keeps us updated with this info, especially during the recent ENY R160 transfers to the (C) 

16 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

The 160 Delivery was finished over 10 years ago so I don’t really see the need for a thread.

6 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

I mean we already got a thread for that too, it’s called “nyc subway cars listing” Calvin keeps us updated with this info, especially during the recent ENY R160 transfers to the (C) 

To elaborate further, we also have the Fleet Swaps Thread.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ale188 said:

As previously stated, the R160 delivery was completed over a decade ago. Therefore, there is no need for this thread.

17 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Transfers, switches. I mean, delivery isn't the only thing.

That is what the Fleet Swap Discussion Thread is for. This whole thread is redundant (unnecessary).

Edited by RandomRider0101
Clarification just in case some don't know what the word redundant means.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

I know this is an old thread but, have the r160s at Pitkin gone back to the original yards they were based out of ?

If you’re referring to the R160s that the (C) has been using, all equipment that normally is run out of ENY Yard ( the (J)(M) lines) that you’ve seen on the (C) is rotated out whenever those cars need to go in for inspections or repairs. A different R179/R160 train takes its place. The only R160s you’re unlikely to see pop up on the (C) will be 8313-8376 because they’re equipped with Canarsie CBTC and should be close by to ENY incase the (L) needs them. Which is why whenever they’re in service elsewhere they’re only on the (J) (and on weekend (M) trips when the (L) is suspended between 8 Av and Brooklyn, and the (M) is sent to 96 St)

5 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

If you’re referring to the R160s that the (C) has been using, all equipment that normally is run out of ENY Yard ( the (J)(M) lines) that you’ve seen on the (C) is rotated out whenever those cars need to go in for inspections or repairs. A different R179/R160 train takes its place. The only R160s you’re unlikely to see pop up on the (C) will be 8313-8376 because they’re equipped with Canarsie CBTC and should be close by to ENY incase the (L) needs them. Which is why whenever they’re in service elsewhere they’re only on the (J) (and on weekend (M) trips when the (L) is suspended between 8 Av and Brooklyn, and the (M) is sent to 96 St)

Good info Thanks!

• 1 month later...