Major Changes

Luis1985

what would you do if the NYC Subway System did major service changes as follows:

(C) via 8 Av Local, Queens Blvd Exp

(E) via 8 Av-Fulton St Local

(;) via 6 Av Local, Culver Local

(D) via 6 Av Express, Brighton Express

(F) via 6 Av Express, 4 Av Local, West End Local via 53 St

(V) via 6 Av Local, Queens Blvd Local via 63 St

(J) via Nassau St Local, 4 Av Local

(M) via Nassau St Local (NO SOUTH BK SERVICE)

(N) via Broadway Local, Astoria Local (NO BKLYN SERVICE)

(Q) via Broadway Local, Brighton Local via Tunnel

(R) via Broadway Exp, Queens Blvd Exp, 4 Av Exp via Bridge

(W) via Broadway Exp, via Bridge, 4 Av Local and Sea Beach Local

(2) via 7 Av Exp, via Eastern Pkwy Exp to/from Utica Av

(3) via 7 Av Local via Eastern Pkwy Local to/from Flatbush Av

(4) via Lex Av Local terminate at Bowling Green. (NO BKLYN SERVICE)

(5) via Lex Av Exp, Eastern Pkwy Exp to and from New Lots Av

(6) via Lexington Av Local, Eastern Pkwy Local to and From Flatbush Av

(A)(G)(L)(Z)(1)(7)(SIR) unchanged.

What would be the point of those changes?? You're just changing the lettering, the routes are still the same. And the (J) running along 4th Ave makes no sense to do because it has a much longer run to Jamaica than the (M) does to Middle Village.

lol i know. i just wanted to see people's reactions.

What would be the point of those changes?? You're just changing the lettering, the routes are still the same.

Totally agree. There's really no point changing the designation if you aren't going to change the services themselves.

lol i know. i just wanted to see people's reactions.

Ridiculous.

Make the (4) local, are you out of your mind?????????????????????????????????????????????

Well there's your reaction.

It is really beyond insane...

Besides making MY commute a bigger pain in the rear, it will piss off a couple of million other New Yorkers

take the Lex Line Changes for example:

Ideally, the (4)(6) are the locals

And the (5) is the remaining express.

-At 125th Street (uptown), if the (5) and (4) are at the same station same time. And the (5) is given priority to go ahead first, the T/O on the (4) would have to punch in for the line-up, wait for the red to clear before proceeding.

And how is it even possible to fit the (4)(5)(6) effectively without any delays from BB to Bowling Green in both directions during rush hours??????????

Remember that the (4) and (6) are locals and they have to switch from local to express (downtown) in order to access Bowling Green or Brooklyn. This will put extensive delays on the (5), not do-able

I can see the C go to either Lefferts Blvd or Rockaway Park. Get rid of the Rockaway shuttle. Bring back the Nassau Street R train for rush hours and bring back the K train from Broadway Junction, to 6 Ave to 71 Ave. Using the V line and getting rid of the V. (Or make the V go to Broadway Junction.) I would love to see the N train go past Coney Island to Franklin Avenue, get rid of the shuttle. That will never happen. I like full routes, get rid of shuttles.

I can see the C go to either Lefferts Blvd or Rockaway Park. Get rid of the Rockaway shuttle. Bring back the Nassau Street R train for rush hours and bring back the K train from Broadway Junction, to 6 Ave to 71 Ave. Using the V line and getting rid of the V. (Or make the V go to Broadway Junction.) I would love to see the N train go past Coney Island to Franklin Avenue, get rid of the shuttle. That will never happen. I like full routes, get rid of shuttles.

You can't send the (V) to Broadway Junction......75 ft cars are not allowed on the Nassau Street/Jamaica Lines. The (K) only ran from Washington Heights-168th Street to World Trade Center via 8th Avenue and Central Park West Locals, so theres no point of bringing that back in service. Send the (N) from Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue to Franklin Avenue-Fulton Street won't make sense @ all b/c you'll screw the Broadway and Astoria Lines customers. There's nothing with Shuttle trains!

You can't send the (V) to Broadway Junction......75 ft cars are not allowed on the Nassau Street/Jamaica Lines. The (K) only ran from Washington Heights-168th Street to World Trade Center via 8th Avenue and Central Park West Locals, so theres no point of bringing that back in service. Send the (N) from Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue to Franklin Avenue-Fulton Street won't make sense @ all b/c you'll screw the Broadway and Astoria Lines customers. There's nothing with Shuttle trains!

that is so true. u really cant send the (N) to Franklin Av (via the (B)(Q)(S) lines) because the stations on the (S) line only uses 2 cars. those stations are way too small.

what would you do if the NYC Subway System did major service changes as follows:

(C) via 8 Av Local, Queens Blvd Exp

(E) via 8 Av-Fulton St Local

(B) via 6 Av Local, Culver Local

(D) via 6 Av Express, Brighton Express

(F) via 6 Av Express, 4 Av Local, West End Local via 53 St

(V) via 6 Av Local, Queens Blvd Local via 63 St

(J) via Nassau St Local, 4 Av Local

(M) via Nassau St Local (NO SOUTH BK SERVICE)

(N) via Broadway Local, Astoria Local (NO BKLYN SERVICE)

(Q) via Broadway Local, Brighton Local via Tunnel

(R) via Broadway Exp, Queens Blvd Exp, 4 Av Exp via Bridge

(W) via Broadway Exp, via Bridge, 4 Av Local and Sea Beach Local

(2) via 7 Av Exp, via Eastern Pkwy Exp to/from Utica Av

(3) via 7 Av Local via Eastern Pkwy Local to/from Flatbush Av

(4) via Lex Av Local terminate at Bowling Green. (NO BKLYN SERVICE)

(5) via Lex Av Exp, Eastern Pkwy Exp to and from New Lots Av

(6) via Lexington Av Local, Eastern Pkwy Local to and From Flatbush Av

(A)(G)(L)(Z)(1)(7)(SIR) unchanged.

Let me do this in order...

(C) Never would happen cuz that it would have 2 switch at either West 4 or 42 St. Also, that means you would have to get off at 7 Av to get local service via Central Pk West.

(E) That actually happened before. It went to Euclid Av.

(:) Can't happen cuz the last switch the (B) has with the 6 Av local tracks is West 4.

(D) That happened except that it was local via Brighton.

(F) Can't happen cuz then there would be no Culver service.

(V) I can see that happening.

(J) That happened after 9/11. It went from Jamaica Center to 95 St (ALL LOCAL)

(M) It already goes to Broad St Evenings.

(N)/(W) I can see that happening IF the (W) replaces it in Brooklyn.

(Q) That can happen, but there would be no Brighton service.

(R) I can see that happening.

(2) It goes to New Lots Av rush hours already, but as an express not happening.

(3) It used to go to Flatbush, but it switched terminals with the (2).

(4) Maybe, but make a <4> to go express.

(5) Possible.

(6) Possible. Funny, but possible.

Also... KEEP ALL SHUTTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived