39XX Orion NG's and other shots from around South Brooklyn!!

trainfan22

Why do they have Flatbush decals?

Because they are officially at Flatbush Depot now. 3907 and 3919 are the first of many (I cringe at the thought of life in Bklyn w/o 1991/1993 TMCs as it becomes a reality).

And while I protest their arrival in Brooklyn, it is nice to see the Hybrid with the Flatbsh Decal. I never thought I would live to see the day that I would see or discuss it...I'm sure that some of you agree with that analysis.

These are some excellent shots. I like the Hybrids. At least it will be better than the TMCs they got now. Anybody know when they start heading in service?

I've been told by two Flatbush B/O's on the B41 that they are set to start service in January, which is right around the corner.

So it's safe to say FLA going to get 3900-3949?

Unfortunately, yes.

These are some excellent shots. I like the Hybrids. At least it will be better than the TMCs they got now. Anybody know when they start heading in service?

Those TMCs deserve some respect. At the moment, those are the legal age fleet as they are still around, doing their thing. And the `NGs are already in service, which makes the ideal that Flatbush is the 100% RTS Depot null and void. Also, these buses are allowing Flatbsh's TMCs to circle the Division and make a debut at Grand Avenue. 8156 went over to Grand Avenue and I'm sure that 8367 and 8368 are on their way over the border. So, if these Hybrids coming to Flatbush buys ome time for the 1991 TMCs over at my alma mater depot, then I say welcome NGs to the Flatbush Depot.

Lastly, I did mention that 8156 is now at Grand Avenue Depot.

Why do they have Flatbush decals?

Because there offically asiggned to flatbush depot, not borrowed from CAS or YUK.

Thanks!! I think when it comes to handling crowds the TMC's are better if flatbush gets 50 NG's they won't have much of a choice but to put them B41/44/46 which is frighting.

I heard a rumor that they ran in service on the B2 B31 and B46 on chrismas day but I doubt it though. But i'll agree with jacsnyy since he got his info from a B/O.

Because there offically asiggned to flatbush depot, not borrowed from CAS or YUK.

Thanks!! I think when it comes to handling crowds the TMC's are better if flatbush gets 50 NG's they won't have much of a choice but to put them B41/44/46 which is frightening.

I heard a rumor that they ran in service on the B2 B31 and B46 on chrismas day but I doubt it though. But i'll agree with jacsnyy since he got his info from a B/O.

I could see the horror of the situation, especially at the Crown Heights Terminal on the B46 ((3)(4) subway station).

Also, did you mean B49 instead of the B46 when referring to x-mas day service? Just curious.

I was the one that posted them being in service as I figured they WERE NOT in service. I found them being in service very hard to believeespecially for X-mas day. 3900-3949 will be at FLA Who knows for sure? For some reason 3900 is at YUK. I dont know why though. 8156 at GA? My guess 8776-8786 to QV. Please dont quote me on the 8700s part. Who knows knowing me I could be wrong BTW, is 8791 still at UP?:)

I could see the horror of the situation, especially at the Crown Heights Terminal on the B46 ((3)(4) subway station).

Also, did you mean B49 instead of the B46 when referring to x-mas day service? Just curious.

I heard B46 I read the post three times over LOL.

I was the one that posted them being in service as I figured they WERE NOT in service. I found them being in service very hard to believeespecially for X-mas day. 3900-3949 will be at FLA Who knows for sure? For some reason 3900 is at YUK. I dont know why though. 8156 at GA? My guess 8776-8786 to QV. Please dont quote me on the 8700s part. Who knows knowing me I could be wrong BTW, is 8791 still at UP?:)
Yea, kinda weird for them to run in service for one day then the next day go back to merly driver training.

Nice shots, what time were you at Flatbush yesterday.
Thanks!! I'd say I was around there at about 10:45AM.

I've been told by two Flatbush B/O's on the B41 that they are set to start service in January, which is right around the corner.

Even better that they're already in service right this second :P

earliest I seen one of the new hybrids in service (in brooklyn) was yesterday morning (12/30/08) on the B41... was @ the church/flatbush stop, downtown brooklyn bound...

Archived