Is there a site that has scans of old subway maps?

duelingdragons

NYCSubway.org has a rich collection of historical maps, from the very first one of the IRT to today's.

Yep, but it sucks that they're not actual scans of the maps.

I have this map from 1988 and it's so different. It was much more informative than today's maps!

Yep, but it sucks that they're not actual scans of the maps.

I have this map from 1988 and it's so different. It was much more informative than today's maps!

To be honest, I hate "the Map". The design is flawed greatly. Who needs those bus connections junk? It makes the map harder to read. Honestly, WHO will use it on an everyday basis? The older maps are in fact more informative about how to use it and they explain the service more clearly than today's maps.

I found a few cleaning out my closet earlier... one from 1996, one from 1999, and one from 2002 during the Coney Island reconstruction.

I'd love to look back at maps from my childhood just to see how much has changed in 20 years.

Thanks =)

What year are you looking for? Let me know and I'll post it up for you.

I got a few maps im scanning to david:

1964, 1979, 1988, 1989, 1990 and a few others i got from ebay~~

If anyone needs access to the historical Subway maps go here:

http://nycsubway.org/maps/historical.html

david is a very nice webmaster, he accept shots(Depends), maps and all, nice admin =]~ best ive seen

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm sure there's some uploads right here. Not too sure where - try browsing the Gallery or view the Timeline.

She's right. I used to have most maps between the years 1939-2007 subway maps. I took them down while I was preparing a new subway maps page. Time hasn't been on my side lately and I have yet to finish the page. Hopefully soon.

My first subway map had the old HH, NX, QB/QT, T, TT and I think #8. Myrtle Ave El was still running then and they just removed numbered trains on the Jamaica BMT (13, 14, 15) and changed them to KK, M and QJ. Lost it and a bunch more in a fire

My first subway map had the old HH, NX, QB/QT, T, TT and I think #8. Myrtle Ave El was still running then and they just removed numbered trains on the Jamaica BMT (13, 14, 15) and changed them to KK, M and QJ. Lost it and a bunch more in a fire

Is that the one before 1967?

Damn, sucks that you lost the maps.

Is that the one before 1967?

Damn, sucks that you lost the maps.

Yeah that's the one. My very first map. Wow! forgot all about the MJ designation for the Myrtle line. JJ & RJ on the Jamaica line...man they had money to burn back then lol. Damn good redrawing. Only real difference I can see is the turns on the original map were smooth. On this one they're angled. 1967 marked a real big change for the system.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1967-system.gif

Archived